PDA

View Full Version : Sound cut off on my 40PFL7605H12

Custers
01-09-2011, 06:49 PM
Hi everybody,
I started whith my Philips Net TV on december 28 and since the begining I have sound problem's with.
I explain: I first connect it with HDMI to my TV Box (BelgacomTV) and after a copple of hours, the sound disapears for ±10seconds. This remains 3 or 4 times in the evening...
I suspected my decoder first... Here for I change my connection for the PERITEL input. The same problem appears.
I've connected my home cinema directly on my TV decoder and when the sound disapears on the TV, the home cinema gives the sound then I'm shure that the problem is coming from TV.

Has somebody same trouble and maybe a solution? I think I'll contact Philips under warranty to change the TV??

P.S. Happy New Year!

Nettle
01-09-2011, 08:33 PM
Dear Custers,

take a look into this:

http://www.supportforum.philips.com/showthread.php?891-37PFL8605-HTS5120-Soundbar-bad-audio-doesn-t-work-well

Is a software bug of the TV still not solved.

I've written to the Philips customer service: please do it for yuor complaint.

regards

Toengel
01-10-2011, 08:08 AM
Hi,

however, you should try Firmware 140.27!

Toengel@Alex

Custers
01-10-2011, 08:41 AM
Dear Toengel,

Thanks for replay but where can I find this Firmware? The last I can found is the 140.25...
Philippe.

Toengel
01-10-2011, 08:53 AM
Hi,

http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?scy=DE&mid=Link_FAQs&new_tmpl=1&view=aa12_view_partial.html&session=20101018055042_66.249.71.237&list=aa12_list_partial.html&faqview=1&slg=ENG&ctn=37PFL7605H/12&dct=FAQ&refnr=0084472

Toengel@Alex

Philips
01-10-2011, 02:15 PM
Dear Toengel, Thanks for replay but where can I find this Firmware? The last I can found is the 140.25...Philippe.

Dear all,

Software 140.27 for the 8000 and 9000 series (xxPFLxxx5) is now officially available.

Release notes Q5551_0.140.27.0 (fixes for xxPFL8xx5 and xxPFL9xx5 series):
• The TV is intermittently loosing sound on the DIGITAL AUDIO OUT (S/PDIF) connection.
• Not all channels/services can be found during channel installation (only applicable to country Switzerland).
• The TV is intermittently loosing sound when you connect an external device via HDMI.
• Picture is distorted with vertical lines and micro-blocks while watching digital cable (DVB-C) channels (only applicable to country Finland).
• Unable to view “France 24” service in Net TV (only applicable to Net TV models).

Release notes Q5553_0.140.27.0 (fixes for 21:9 and xxPFL8xx5M and 9xx5M-Italy sets):
• Same as above + the TV automatically exits the Multimedia Home Platform (MHP) application (only applicable to Italy).

Nettle
01-10-2011, 02:34 PM
Dear PHilips NET TVMod,

in my case (37PFL8605M/08), the installation of the latest firmware (vers. 140.27) is still not the solution.

The intermittent sound lost with an external device connected (via HDMI or Digital Audio OUT S/Pdif) with the HTS5120 PHilips still remains !!!!!!!!!!!

What does it mean?

Please let me know.
regards

Toengel
01-10-2011, 09:00 PM
Dear Philips,

thanks a lot for the notes... :)

Toengel@Alex

mbkeen
01-11-2011, 12:40 AM
Dear all,

Software 140.27 for the 8000 and 9000 series (xxPFLxxx5) is now officially available.

• The TV is intermittently loosing sound on the DIGITAL AUDIO OUT (S/PDIF) connection.
• Not all channels/services can be found during channel installation (only applicable to country Switzerland).
• The TV is intermittently loosing sound when you connect an external device via HDMI.
• Picture is distorted with vertical lines and micro-blocks while watching digital cable (DVB-C) channels (only applicable to country Finland).
• Unable to view “France 24” service in Net TV (only applicable to Net TV models).

Release notes Q5553_0.140.27.0 (fixes for 21:9 and xxPFL8xx5M and 9xx5M-Italy sets):
• Same as above + the TV automatically exits the Multimedia Home Platform (MHP) application (only applicable to Italy).

Please can you advise when 0.140.27.0 will be available via the "software update" via internet option in the UK?

I received my 32PFL9705 today and have experienced intermittent sound loss when watching via my Sky+HD box - ie the same as described by other users below.

This is my only receiver/device and is all I use the TV for (I do not have a tv aeriel connection or blu-ray connected). I never experienced this problem on my old TV using the same connections (<1 month old QED HDMI) and the issue appears to be with the TV as using the HDD function on my sky+HD box and sky anytime confirms that the sound is there (ie sound drops out, pause rewind and play back the same footage and sound is there again at the same point it dropped out). The software update run after unpacking has only gone to 140.25.0

thanks

Toengel
01-11-2011, 07:24 AM
Hi,

often firmware updates need some to be available via the internal update function (as far as I know it is a different server). Sometime firmware releases are only available via the internal update sometime only as download on the philips webpage.

So the fastest way is to download the right file and install it via USB.

Toengel@Alex

mbkeen
01-11-2011, 08:47 AM
Thanks, if not available automatically later today then I will go down the USB route.

billbond4
01-11-2011, 11:41 AM
@mbkeen and possibly others.
I have 140.27 running on my 32pfl5405h/05, and i was getting the intermittent sound problem.
But I havent got it since I do the following, every night before I go to bed I turn the TV off using the power switch under the TV for a few seconds and then turn it back on so its in standby.
Also when watching movies through the usb the audio and video goes out of sync after around 60 mins of continous playing,to fix this I rewind the movie a few seconds and the sync is restored.

Both of the the above problems are due to overfilling buffers or something similar in the firmware, it shouldnt be that hard to fix as the intermittent sound problem was introduced in 140.25, so the buggy software is in that.

TobiasH
01-12-2011, 07:17 AM
Dear all,

Hi Philips and all,
I have a 46PFL8605 and updated the firmware according to instructions, but the problems remains regarding audio drop outs from S/PDIF.
The problem comes after 10-20 minutes of watching, and gives a 1-2 seconds drop out every minute to every 10 minutes randomly.

Not acceptable at all and I´m thinking of returning the whole package and claim money back since I bought the TV just two weeks ago.

I want a statement from Philips how to solve this once and for all.

Regards
Tobias

Nettle
01-12-2011, 07:32 AM
Hi Tobias: same issue of mine.

This is a typical case of "lack of conformity" for my lawyer. Is possible to ask for the money back if the purchase is not so back in time.

The communication problem with Philips (at least here in Italy) is:

a) email: after the customer's complaints email you receive immediately an automatic answer with the promise of a feedback unti 4 days ----> no answer received since 10 days at all !!!

b) Chat line with Philips: 90% of the "Philips chatters", after the description of my issue (sw issue, hw or whatever) they give me the address/telephone of the Technical Support Center of my area and stop!
No infos, updates, comments, feedbacks, follow up, etc... Even my little daughter could perform the same customer's support earning 10 times less money!

c) the only good support that I'm receiving right now is from NetTVMod of Philips here in this forum.

regards

Custers
01-13-2011, 04:09 PM
Hello,
I introduced a warranty claim last week to Philips support and I just have a call from a technician. He will come home to replace the Main Board of my 40PFL7605/H12 on next tuesday.
I hope that solve the intermittent sound problem I have.
Let first change it and than I'll tell you If the problem is done.

;-) Philippe.

Nettle
01-13-2011, 05:21 PM
@custers

Hi, please let me know if the main board substitution will solve the issue.

Thanks a lot, regards

TobiasH
01-13-2011, 08:50 PM
I will also get a technician repairing my TV. I don´tknow their plans, but they will come and visit me during W1104.
(I'm on vacation next week :-)).
Philips sweden was very fast and helpful. Let´s see if they can solve the problem also.
I will let you know after the repair session.
Regards
Tobias

Philips
01-14-2011, 10:54 AM
Hi all,

Want to emphasize that most sound problems have been solved with SW 140.27, so please upgrade first and test before calling the technical helpdesk.
The problem "sound drops of till 5 seconds on TV loudspeakers" is currently under investigation.

Nettle
01-14-2011, 10:58 AM
Thanks for the feedback NetTVMod,

we'll wait for it.

regards

billbond4
01-14-2011, 11:04 AM
thanks for the update, its good to know that philips are reading these forums.
I also have a call logged and hopefully someone will be out next week to repair/replace tv)

saskog
01-15-2011, 04:12 PM
I am very happy to see that 5s sound drops is under investigation. It also happens on headphones, not just speakers on my 32pfl5405/12 with the 140.27 software (IPTV STB on HDMI1).

The situation however is much better than with 140.25 software... sound drops are less frequent. Hope you guys at phillips figure this one out and fix it once for all.

hams
01-15-2011, 08:04 PM
The installation of the latest firmware (vers. 140.27) did not help me.
The intermittent sound lost still remains. It has been even worser. The sound lost stays now much longer, about 10 seconds.
I dont use an external sound device. I only use the tv speakers.

mbkeen
01-16-2011, 10:29 AM
I got my 32PFL9705 on 10-Jan-11 and experienced the intermittent sound problem for a device connected via HDMI (Pace SKy+HD). I have just updated the software manually via USB to .27 and still have the intermittent sound problem. Ie the software update has not fixed the problem for my TV.

mbkeen
01-16-2011, 10:32 AM
@billbond4, I always switch the tv off after use using the power switch rather than just standby, however this appears not to fix the problem for me, I have not tried turning off for a short period and then leaving on standby but not sure I see why that would work differently as should still mean any buffer is cleared?

Toengel
01-16-2011, 10:34 AM
Hi,

as Philips stated most of the sound problems are fixed with 140.27. But there are some more problems. They are fixing it at the moment...

Toengel@Alex

Nettle
01-16-2011, 02:16 PM
Hopefully the waiting should be not too long.

regards

brexsteen
01-16-2011, 06:17 PM
I have a Philips 32PFL8605 tv. A Philips satellite decoder DSR5020 is connected to it with a HDMI cable. DVB-T is also connected directly to the tv. I had enormous sound drops during the first 10 minutes when I switched the tv on and wanted to use the satellite decoder. I called several times the Philips help desk, wrote them e-mails. It was useful, the Philips tv help desk said that it's a problem with the decoder and the Philips decoder help-desk said that the problem was with the tv. I was in the middle of a ping-pong game ! and that with two products of the same brand, Philips ! Begin January I discovered a new firmware update on internet and applied it to the 32PFL8605. It solves the problem of the enormous sound drops during the first 10 minutes when using the satellite decoder, BUT now when I switch from a HD channel to a standard channel or vice versa, it's very strange: I get first during 1 second sound, then during 1 second a black screen without sound, then during 2 seconds the image without sound, and after all that I finally get an image with the sound. Did others also encounter this problem with the new update ? is Philips working on it ? Thanks for your help.

Nettle
01-16-2011, 08:23 PM
Dear Brexsteen,

you've got the same issue of mine (and much other Philips users): let's keep the finger crossed for the next firmware release.

regards

billbond4
01-17-2011, 11:28 AM
If the new version doesnt solve the sound loss, i think i will roll back to 140.23 as I still have it on my laptop at home :-)

Custers
01-18-2011, 03:59 PM
The technician is comming today and he changes the main board of the TV. Even I have had to record again all the configuration and put it the software .27, till yet I don't have any sound cut off... I will tell you if the probem persist but I think it's solved.

Custers
01-19-2011, 05:33 PM
I will tell you if the probem persist but I think it's solved.

Oups! Three times lost of sound ±5sec during one hour... The problem still stay!

I first upgrade to the new FW .27 and yesterday the SSB card was changed. What can we do now???

If it's not a problem for all the television, I think they must change by a newone...

JuAn
01-19-2011, 08:05 PM
.....The problem "sound drops of till 5 seconds on TV loudspeakers" is currently under investigation.

As already mentioned earlier by Philips, this is a SW issue and therefore cannot be solved by changing the SSB loaded with the same SW. I think we must be patient until they sort things out.

Nettle
01-19-2011, 08:09 PM
As already mentioned earlier by Philips, this is a SW issue and therefore cannot be solved by changing the SSB loaded with the same SW. I think we must be patient until they sort things out.

Right!

regards

billbond4
01-19-2011, 08:25 PM
Well you could always downgrade to a pre 140.25 Software like 140.23!
Im thinking of doing that,its just a pity theres no procedure guarantreed to work :-(

Toengel
01-20-2011, 07:22 AM
Hi,

but never downgrade to a non-140.x firmware...

Toengel@Alex

erensifiralti
01-21-2011, 06:59 PM
I'm having the same problem. Please help Turkey.

hams
01-21-2011, 07:28 PM
Oups! Three times lost of sound ±5sec during one hour... The problem still stay!

I first upgrade to the new FW .27 and yesterday the SSB card was changed. What can we do now???

If it's not a problem for all the television, I think they must change by a newone...

I had an appointment with the technical service of Philips in order to change the motherboard of my tv. They called me today to cancel the appointment because they think changing the hardware will not solve the problem of sound drops. I will oontact philips and ask for a real solution within a reasonable time, if not i will ask them to change my tv for a new one that works properly

Custers
01-24-2011, 11:33 AM
Well you could always downgrade to a pre 140.25 Software like 140.23!
Im thinking of doing that,its just a pity theres no procedure guarantreed to work :-(

The technical service is coming home this morning and he downgrades the FW to the 140.23.0 version. After 2 hours showing TV (tenis Nadal...) the sound drops occurs again three times. Now I'm shure that the software problem is not the only reason for that problem!

I think better to have a look on the buffer?? It could be a lake of stacker memories into the sound card...

Philips : Is it possible to upgrade the memories or to change the sound card? If the sound card is include into the SSB card, the problem comes from an other part because my SSB was also changed!

Tell us if the problem will be solved with a FW evolution or if it could be hardware fault.

Philippe.

HWAM
01-24-2011, 01:04 PM
I'm running 140.27 now. I have the same audio problem. Also version 140.25 was very bad. I hope Philips is going to fix it soon. I think it occurs the most on HD channels. It's terrible. Please fix it.

ecsthor
01-25-2011, 06:46 AM
Hi,
On my my 46pfl8605 I have struggled with the sound drop out in the three latest SW since I bought the TV in early January this year. 140.27 did not help at all.

However Philips service came to my house yesterday and exchanged the motherboard, and now it seems to work. I have only tested it for 5-6 hours, but no drop out so far. Before it came directly, and continued constatly.

I use coax cable from TV to a separate receiver.

I can´t say if this is a coincidence, or it actually was a true HW problem in my device. To me its more logic with a SW problem, but if it helps it helps.
So far I'm happy at least.

May the force be with you!
Tobias

Nettle
01-25-2011, 08:05 AM
Hi,
On my my 46pfl8605 I have struggled with the sound drop out in the three latest SW since I bought the TV in early January this year. 140.27 did not help at all.

However Philips service came to my house yesterday and exchanged the motherboard, and now it seems to work. I have only tested it for 5-6 hours, but no drop out so far. Before it came directly, and continued constatly.

I can´t say if this is a coincidence, or it actually was a true HW problem in my device. To me its more logic with a SW problem, but if it helps it helps.

Tobias

Hi,

was the sound cut off duration of a couple of seconds or more?

regards

Chrissie18
01-25-2011, 08:17 AM
Hi all,

Lately, next to the seconds of sound loss I'm sometime also experiencing complete picture and sound loss when looking via HDMI (1) to my mediacenter.
I'm still using 140.25 FW, and reading the multiple forums, I'm a bit cautious of upgrading...

Anyone elso experience this?

By the way: overall I'm very hapy with the TV! ;)

Regards,
Chris

ecsthor
01-25-2011, 10:17 AM
Hi Nettle,
For me it was a couple of seconds, approx 1-4. Comming randomly sometimes every minute, sometimes every 5-10 minutes.
Also sometimes it helped changing chanel and back again, but sometimes not. It was really an intermitent problem.

billbond4
01-25-2011, 03:20 PM
Hi,

Tobias

Try setting the picture mode to something different than "standard" and see does the noise loss still occur.
Is 140.27 still installed on the TV?

ecsthor
01-26-2011, 10:04 AM
Try setting the picture mode to something different than "standard" and see does the noise loss still occur.
Is 140.27 still installed on the TV?

It still works perfect with the new mother board installed. I have changed from "Standard" to other picture themes and no audio drop out so far. 140.27 has been installed since it was released.

billbond4
01-26-2011, 10:07 AM
Thanks for the update ecsthor, if its still going ok for you next week, I will get philips support out to my house to replace the motherboard on my tv also.

billbond4
01-26-2011, 10:29 AM
lets hope Philips have plenty of motherboards !!

Nettle
01-26-2011, 02:44 PM
Hi Nettle,
For me it was a couple of seconds, approx 1-4. Comming randomly sometimes every minute, sometimes every 5-10 minutes.
Also sometimes it helped changing chanel and back again, but sometimes not. It was really an intermitent problem.

Hi Ecsthor,
are you using an external device (soundbar, home teather system,ecc...) via HDMI or SPDIF or not?

I'm having sound loss only with the external device: if the TV works alone it works fine.

Please let me know.

regards

ecsthor
01-26-2011, 08:08 PM
Hi Ecsthor,
are you using an external device (soundbar, home teather system,ecc...) via HDMI or SPDIF or not?

I'm having sound loss only with the external device: if the TV works alone it works fine.

Please let me know.

regards

Hi Nettle,
Yes box. Digital TV box and PS3 via HDMI 1 and 2. (PS3 on #1 due to 3D). From the TV I use the digital coax out to a receiver. Not using the TV sound at all.
In the settings you can deactivate the internal TV speakers, which I have done. It might be worth testing for you if you haven´t already tested it?

My system is till working flawless without any sound drops. I will let you know if it starts again.

Today I got a hick up though. When I should play a 3D game on the PS3 the 3D functinality was totally messed up. And I starded to get a bit angry.... Hate Philips etc. But it was only the cable to the 3D transmitter that had popped out during the reparation:cool: A cup of coffee and back to normal again;)

Regards
Tobias

billbond4
01-27-2011, 11:32 AM
@Philips Any update on the sound issue?

Toengel
01-27-2011, 11:48 AM
Hi,

Philips already said that they are working on it for the next software release...

Toengel@Alex

billbond4
01-27-2011, 12:05 PM
yeah I know, but I was hoping for some info that the software is in testing at the moment and planned to be released in a two weeks (or something like that)

Philips
01-27-2011, 12:41 PM
yeah I know, but I was hoping for some info that the software is in testing at the moment and planned to be released in a two weeks (or something like that)

Update 27-JAN-2011: Unfortunately this sound loss problem is more complicated than expected.
We have no solution yet, but we are working hard to find one. We'll keep you informed.....

billbond4
01-27-2011, 01:00 PM
@Philips Thanks for the update!

Toengel
01-27-2011, 01:15 PM
Update 27-JAN-2011: Unfortunately this sound loss problem is more complicated than expected.
We have no solution yet, but we are working hard to find one. We'll keep you informed.....

Hi,

the important factor is, if Philips can reproduce the problem...

Toengel@Alex

billbond4
01-27-2011, 03:54 PM
Seen as the problem was introduced by 140.25 Im sure the Philips software designers will figure it out.

Custers
01-27-2011, 07:03 PM
Seen as the problem was introduced by 140.25 Im sure the Philips software designers will figure it out.

Hi bilbond4,
The problem is the same with the version 140.23 ! I think well that the hardware is not involved but people who have this sound loss problem can help Philips to more efficient investigations...

What for SSB part number do you have? Whitchone?
3104 313 XXXXX ==> Find your five digits 'X'

eg :

40PFL7605H12 (style Matisse) : 2 possibilities : 3104 313 63643 or 63644
32PFL5405H05 (style Rembrandt) : 3 ==> 64025, 64026 or 64027

secondly, must know the version of B02 (PNX85500) : 10.14 or 10.15 or 10.16

After investigation maybe we can see that only the B02 card version 10.16 is common for the problem!!! (that's what I suspect)
By the way, the PNX 85500 control the NANDFlash Conditional access, the SDRAM, Digital Video and Audio etc. (FYI)

Philips,
Can you report this and maybe create a new Topics only for people who has this sound drops?

Thanks for all,
Philippe.

Philips
01-28-2011, 11:32 AM
...Philips,
Can you report this and maybe create a new Topics only for people who has this sound drops? Thanks for all, Philippe.

Hi Philippe,

To inform you, we've already contacted several people (also you) who reported this problem, via a PM requesting for more details, and we already received a lot of answers. Thanks all for the effort.
However, we don't encourage people to open their TV sets and check the used boards and chipsets. This can seriously affect the warranty, and can give potential electral hazard!

Chrissie18
01-28-2011, 09:14 PM

I - and I assume the rest of the customers - really appreciate this kind of feedback.
As all other software engineers (like me) can confirm that issues that only occur more or less randomly are the most hardest (especially on hard-to-debug firmware), I'm saying: break-a-leg!

Best regards,
Chris

crimson975
02-01-2011, 09:37 AM
I'm having the same problem model 32pfl5605h/12 :(

Quaddy
02-01-2011, 08:54 PM
I'm having the same problem model 32pfl5605h/12 :(

same problem with my 58PFL9955,
i have had the 58pfl9955 about 2.5 weeks, today i experienced two sound dropouts, dozens more since writing, lasting about ~10 seconds each time. this hasnt happened before today that i have noticed. i am on the latest FW (000.140.027.000). its happened once on my humax STB via HDMI, once via my media tank via HDMI. i am routing all audio to the inbuilt TV speakers, not an external sound device.

can Philips rest my fears, by perhaps confirming that this 'known bug' is applicable to my 58PFL9955 too?, much happier is its something that can be fixed in an upcoming software update, rather than a fault getting worse. thanks

Toengel
02-01-2011, 09:36 PM
Hi,

Philips wrote, that they are investigating the sound problems of the internal speaker...

Toengel@Alex

Quaddy
02-01-2011, 10:47 PM
Hi Toengel

thanks for that, reassuring, but very strange that occur first after nearly 3 weeks ownership :confused:

anyway, lets hope this new FW comes along soon

cheers
Q
Hi,

Philips wrote, that they are investigating the sound problems of the internal speaker...

Toengel@Alex

erceguven
02-02-2011, 08:27 PM
Philips,

I'm using 32PFL7605H for a while and i decided to update it's SW from 140.25 to 140.27 last night. And it was the worst decision i made about this TV. Everything was perfect while i was on 140.25. After i installed 140.27 i have very nasty audio problem. Auido is there but it's not clear... It's just like a bunch of static noises.. I'm using both my computer and PS3 on HDMI.

I just want to know if there is any way for me to install 140.25 to my TV?

Thank you

Philips
02-03-2011, 10:29 AM
Hi,

Toengel@Alex

Please read this post (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/showthread.php?910-Your-experiences-with-FW-v0.140.27.0-for-8000-and-9000-series-(2010-models)&p=3168#post3168).

billbond4
02-07-2011, 04:28 PM
@Philips, any update on how the Software fix is progressing?

HWAM
02-11-2011, 07:29 AM
Philips: please give an update of this sound problem with the 027 firmware. How long must we wait?? Can I downgrade to 025? Do I have to call Philips support to log this problem?

billbond4
02-15-2011, 03:07 PM
No update from Philips, means that their still working on it.
Which is bad news as they have been working on the problem since start of January at latest, so they probably dont have a fix !!

brexsteen
02-15-2011, 06:27 PM
Philips,
can you inform us on the resolution status of the intermittent sound loss problem with the internal speakers. We don't have any feedback from you since January 27, more than 2 weeks.

I paid the full expensive price for a product (32PFL8605) with a latent defect. Does Philips perhaps think that with delaying and delaying the resolution we will be tired and stop our complaints ? If there is no solution, Philips should say it NOW, and refund the product which has a latent defect.

hams
02-15-2011, 09:45 PM
Philips is not taking us serious. That means for me no more a Philips product. I called various times the customers service of Philips. The only thing they can say is that i have to wait. For how long? Its rediculous that a serious big company as Philips doesnt help serious to solve the problem. The warranty they give on their products doesnt mean anything. If Philips cant solve the problem than they should change the defect tvs for a new good working one.

Nettle
02-15-2011, 09:56 PM
Philips is not taking us serious. That means for me no more a Philips product. I called various times the customers service of Philips. The only thing they can say is that i have to wait. For how long? Its rediculous that a serious big company as Philips doesnt help serious to solve the problem. The warranty they give on their products doesnt mean anything. If Philips cant solve the problem than they should change the defect tvs for a new good working one.

I'm completely agree with you! It's a shame!!!!!!

The TV "stand alone" works fine. But i'm not using the purchased soundbar at all due to this heavy sound loss bug!

brexsteen
02-16-2011, 12:26 PM
I'm completely agree with you! It's a shame!!!!!!

The TV "stand alone" works fine. But i'm not using the purchased soundbar at all due to this heavy sound loss bug!

In my case, even the tv "stand alone" doesn't work ! I have the intermittent sound loss problem without any attached soundbar !

Lake292
02-16-2011, 04:07 PM
same here... sound loss on internal speakers when using STB over HDMI... already angry with it... i think ill send it back to shop and let them have fun with it...

edco
02-18-2011, 04:28 PM
Hi,

I changed the soundsettings to standard. It solved the sound cutt off problem here.

Regars, Ed. (The Netherlands)

Setup] > [Channel settings]

 [Preferred audio format]: Select
[Standard] to receive standard audio
format (MPEG). Select [Advanced] to
receive advanced audio formats (AAC,
EAC-3 or AC-3 if available).

Philips
02-18-2011, 07:55 PM
Status 18-Feb-'11: New SW version 140.32 is now in beta testing phase.
This version addresses the following issues:
• Audio drop solution :D.
• Zap time improvement.
• Macroblocks improvement.
• PIP available with DVB-S signals.
If no real problems arises from this beta test, we will release it soon.

Custers
02-18-2011, 09:38 PM
Hope that will close most of problem we have with this eratic sound lost...
Thanks for investigations and I'm waiting the new 140.32 version.
;-)
Philippe.

Nettle
02-18-2011, 10:48 PM
Hope that will close most of problem we have with this eratic sound lost...
Thanks for invetigations and I'm waiting the new 140.32 version.
;-)
Philippe.

me too.

regards

sokolum
02-20-2011, 12:06 AM
Same problem here, also having problems with sound cut. Listening only through spdif. Sound cuts are about 1 à. 2 secconds in duruation.

Watching digital broadcast tv by ziggo, the netherlands.
Signal and quality of signal is good.

edco
02-20-2011, 08:31 AM
Did you tried to change the audio settings ? (look at my previous posting)
I use also ziggo and spdif.
Ed.

sokolum
02-20-2011, 12:03 PM
Weird location for such setting...
Anyway, just changed to standard. I will let you know if it helps.

Fan_TV
02-21-2011, 06:37 PM
Status 18-Feb-'11: New SW version 140.32 is now in beta testing phase.
This version addresses the following issues:
• Audio drop solution :D.
• Zap time improvement.
• Macroblocks improvement.
• PIP available with DVB-S signals.
If no real problems arises from this beta test, we will release it soon.

How do I become a beta tester? on German, Russian languages
How is this possible?

Thanks

Fan_TV
02-23-2011, 11:17 AM
46pfl9705h_12_fus_deu.zip
Version: 000.140.029.000,
ZIP-Datei, 71.29 MB,
Veröffentlichungsdatum: 2011-02-22

I never understood:
- where is the version 032 with Audio drop solution etc. ???

German version, however, needed no Fixes for Sweden!
• To enable the TV to accept Com Hem CAM software upgrade via OAD. (Only applicable to country, Sweden).

Thanks

smart
02-23-2011, 11:30 AM
The fix, which occured first in sweden might also be an issue in other countries when there is somebody using a similar CAM solution. This solution might not be available now, but it could be in future. So I think, when you run into the same problem, you might cry here that you want a fix now without delay.

Also, it might happen, that somebody moves with his TV to sweden. Then you might need a fix if you use that CAM.

If you leave this fix out in the non-sweden versions, there are two firmware versions which have to be developed, fixed and improved. This increases the need of development resources. So it will be more expensive to get fixes in or you have to do less fixes.

So I absolutely do not understand, why you want that fix out of the non-sweden version. I'm not aware of any case where it generates a problem.

Fan_TV
02-23-2011, 11:44 AM
I have sound problem too.. it is mainly interest me.
I have repeatedly notified by support (yet since 31.01.) and now I wait again... super :(

Toengel
02-23-2011, 11:59 AM
Hi,

just wait 2 week - 140.32 is in beta testing and will be released soon...

Toengel@Alex

Fan_TV
02-23-2011, 12:03 PM
OK, the countdown is running.. ;)

Nettle
02-23-2011, 01:13 PM
Hi,

Toengel@Alex

I hope so. :-(

Chrissie18
02-23-2011, 02:44 PM
Hi,

Toengel@Alex

The reason I was flabbegasted (just love that word) was because it was said that version 32 would be almost ready.
Putting another version on the site, was more or less a confirmation for me, that version 32 will not be here for some time: why post another version, while you know that in 1 or 2 days you get another one.
I think you would rather confuse/irritate you customers when they need to upgrade a TV twice in two weeks.
It is a different audience than the ones that daily upgrade their videocard drivers...

Toengel
02-23-2011, 02:55 PM
Hi,

version 140.29 will never hit the integrated update mechanism in the tv - so, the majority of uses will not update to 140.29. I think 140.32 will be made available via the integrated update, since it fixes the major sound bug... You don't need to install 140.29. You just can wait...

Toengel@Alex

hams
02-23-2011, 07:15 PM
Hi,

I changed the soundsettings to standard. It solved the sound cutt off problem here.

Regars, Ed. (The Netherlands)

Setup] > [Channel settings]

 [Preferred audio format]: Select
[Standard] to receive standard audio
format (MPEG). Select [Advanced] to
receive advanced audio formats (AAC,
EAC-3 or AC-3 if available).

I tried that, but it didnt help.

Toengel
02-23-2011, 07:34 PM
Hi,

just wait for firmware 140.32...

Toengel@Alex

sokolum
03-01-2011, 12:14 AM
Did you tried to change the audio settings ? (look at my previous posting)
I use also ziggo and spdif.
Ed.

Finnaly, 1 week with no sound cut after the adjustment u mentioned. It helped to solve the sound cut. anyway, these settings won't change your sound when u using your home cinema stereo set through SPDIF. So, i dont benefit from it anyway.. And i don't want.

Fan_TV
03-03-2011, 05:35 PM
Hi,

just wait for firmware 140.32...

Toengel@Alex

How long should we wait? :(
Two weeks have passed (since 18.02.).

Toengel
03-03-2011, 05:46 PM
Hi,

like in every software development, a beta phase takes some time... And I think, Philips will release it, when they are done and the software passes quality checks...

Toengel@Alex

petasis
03-04-2011, 12:17 PM
Well there have been a couple of weeks since it was sent to some beta testers, and at least I have reported results the next day. I suspect that some testers still having problems even with this release. I don't have another idea why it takes so long to be released.

Toengel
03-04-2011, 12:25 PM
Hi,

maybe some reported bugs need to be fixed. So maybe even 140.32 will not be release due to some troubling issues.

Toengel@Alex

Nettle
03-04-2011, 01:54 PM
I suspect that some testers still having problems even with this release.

Right! :-(

Toengel
03-04-2011, 06:48 PM
Hi,

a few minutes ago, firmware 140.32 has been released for 5000, 6000 and 7000 series... try that one...

Toengel@Alex

Fan_TV
03-05-2011, 10:03 AM
Now appeared FW v0.140.32.0 for 5000, 6000 and 7000 series.

Where FW for expensive models???
It saddens, waited and waited and nothing :(
I have this problem with 46PFL9705H/12

Toengel
03-05-2011, 10:06 AM
Hi,

as in previous releases, they take some more days to be released... But we will see...

Also some of the already released firmware files are corrupt. So Philips need to repair them. Support says that they are aware of it and they will fix it next week.

Toengel@Alex

Fan_TV
03-05-2011, 10:17 AM
Hi,
Also some of the already released firmware files are corrupt. So Philips need to repair them. Support says that they are aware of it and they will fix it next week.

Toengel@Alex

funny, well, support.
.. bravo !!!!!!!!! and is not ashamed

hams
03-05-2011, 10:34 AM
funny, well, support.
.. bravo !!!!!!!!! and is not ashamed

I noticed the damaged archive too. Its just unbelievable. Philips isnt capable enough to put a right file on their site. How can they solve the intermittent sound lost problem than? What a shame. Come on Philips do your work!!

sokolum
03-05-2011, 11:11 AM
*CORRECTION* THE sound drops still exists... ( crying here, paid 2600 euro for an unwanted feature )

PHILIPS, please fix the sound drop ASAP...
Own: 46 9705, firmware .25

Quaddy
03-05-2011, 03:01 PM
anyone else on .29 getting audio out of sync since updating to 0.29? seems to affect all my sources now, with slight sync issue (and no, audio delay out is not selected in tv, toggling makes no difference!)

ZokiBada
03-07-2011, 06:18 PM
No more illusions.
Connect via SPDIF Coax.
Firmware 140.32 - not solve sound cut off on my 7605 :(
Has passed three months - any changes
Only promises
Give my money back!

Meeterea
03-07-2011, 06:45 PM
Here I have no sound drops more. :)
I have after the update (140.32) restored the factory settings and all other settings including redone a new sender installation. (32pfl7605)

gr. Arie

ZokiBada
03-07-2011, 07:12 PM
Here I have no sound drops more. :)
I have after the update (140.32) restored the factory settings and all other settings including redone a new sender installation. (32pfl7605)

gr. Arie

You are use digital coaxial output for sound?

Meeterea
03-07-2011, 08:01 PM
You are use digital coaxial output for sound?

No, it's HDMI.

BaYRoLeX
03-09-2011, 06:26 PM
Firmware 140.32 is installed and i still have sound lost with HDMI connection. I'm very disapointed with this TV. 42PFL7695 From TURKEY

sokolum
03-14-2011, 12:33 AM
Model: 46 9705
Philips, what do i have to do now...? Still running at firmware 0.25 (partialy afraid to upgrade the firmware, by reading stories of gettind badicture), i am still reading here and other forums that the sound drops still exists in .32? I am getting started to be upset and worried.

Me and my family don't like this situation no more. Now can have just an proper working tv?

crtek
03-14-2011, 10:41 AM
i too instaled the 140.32 software and the sound still get dropped off
with hdmi

Nettle
03-14-2011, 10:50 AM
No, it's HDMI.

Dear Meeterea,

are you meaning that, with the sound that comes fom an external device (connected via HDMI) you've the sound loss issue solved?
Which external device's model are you using?
regards

Toengel
03-14-2011, 11:57 AM
Hi,

as far as I know some Philips HTS have also sound issues...

Toengel@Alex

Nettle
03-14-2011, 12:40 PM
In my case ( Philips HTS5120) the scenairo is the following.

1) if I put an AVI file in a USB key and I plug it in the USB port of the soundbar, I watch the film with no sound cut off at all.

2) if I put an AVI file in a USB key and I plug it in the USB port of the TV, I watch the film with with SEVERAL sound cuts off as already declared in the past.

Seems to be that the sound issue is related to the "TV --> External Device" and not to the "External Device --> TV" data flow.

regards

Meeterea
03-14-2011, 04:08 PM
Dear Meeterea,

are you meaning that, with the sound that comes fom an external device (connected via HDMI) you've the sound loss issue solved?
Which external device's model are you using?
regards

A Sony Home cinema DAV-DZ300 with HDMI via ARC HDMI cable (1.4) connected.
With this firmware ...032 I had no sound loss issues more since the upgrade.
I did even a totally new install, thus go back to factorysettings and do a new senderinstall.

gr. Arie

Nettle
03-14-2011, 04:18 PM
I did even a totally new install, thus go back to factorysettings and do a new senderinstall.
gr. Arie

Which Philips TV modelhave you got? In your profile is not indicated.

Thanks a lot for the feedback.

regards. Enrico

Meeterea
03-14-2011, 06:37 PM
which philips tv modelhave you got? In your profile is not indicated.

Thanks a lot for the feedback.

Regards. Enrico

32pfl7605h12

Nettle
03-14-2011, 07:55 PM
32pfl7605h12

The mine one is a 37 PFL 8605 M/08

:-(

petasis
03-14-2011, 10:01 PM

gr. Arie

Is perfect natural motion disabled on your TV? Because I think if it is on, you get more audio pauses. And they all relate to the TV sending sound either through ARC, or through SPDIF.

Nettle
03-14-2011, 10:06 PM
Dear Petasis,

how can you know this?

regards

petasis
03-16-2011, 12:59 AM
From observing my 9705. I think that the sound pauses relate to perfect natural motion...
Has anyone observed any pauses either through ARC or SPDIF with PNM off?

Nettle
03-16-2011, 07:08 AM
Dear Petasis,
I'll try to verify it with my 37PFL8605M/08.

I'll let you know.
regards

Sir_Four
03-16-2011, 03:35 PM
From observing my 9705. I think that the sound pauses relate to perfect natural motion...

I did. No effect. Sound drops still present.(7605)

Nettle
03-16-2011, 03:49 PM

Dear Petasis,
with my 37PFL8605M/08 I've switched off the Perfect Natural Motion function.

Result: sound cut off is still there! :-(

regards

petasis
03-17-2011, 05:14 PM
With the same frequency? There is no difference at all with PNM at max and PNM off?

Nettle
03-17-2011, 06:02 PM
The same bad issue described in the past.

Nothing is better than before for the sound cut off.

regards

Sir_Four
03-17-2011, 07:13 PM
And they all relate to the TV sending sound either through ARC, or through SPDIF.
Pauses every 2 sec through ARC and through COAXIAL while playing mkv with AC3 5:1 DD sound
there are no SPDIF on my 40PFL7605H60 at all

there are no pauses on TV speakers with same mkv files

so I'm sure that it's firmware bug with digital sound out

please download short mkv sample here
https://www.yousendit.com/download/eURBT2pONEhEbUpFQlE9PQ (14Mb)

petasis
03-18-2011, 11:01 AM
What if in the options the sound delay is turned off? Do pauses stop?

I also have sound pauses from SPDIF (I don't have a device with ARC to test), but they are not thus frequent. I get about 20-30 pauses for a whole movie, not one every two seconds.

Philips
03-18-2011, 11:37 AM
Philips has made an improvement in the next software issue that will be released soon.

Nettle
03-18-2011, 01:12 PM
Philips has made an improvement in the next software issue that will be released soon.

...are you speaking about "improvements" or "definitive solution"??????

If the sound cut off repetition rate will be reduced and not eliminated, in order to avoid further frustrations for the disappointed Philips users,
I suggest to delay the publication of the firmware release until the problem will be 100% solved.

We're tired to install patches and patches that don't eliminate the issue at all !!!!!!!!

That means: test internally the firmware release on every affected TV model (if Philips R&D dept. is serious must do this) ad THEN release the firmware patch!

regards

Sir_Four
03-18-2011, 02:57 PM
What if in the options the sound delay is turned off? Do pauses stop?

I also have sound pauses from SPDIF (I don't have a device with ARC to test), but they are not thus frequent. I get about 20-30 pauses for a whole movie, not one every two seconds.

No options give effect. Therefore I use WD TV Live HD player instead of internal bugged player now. 100$ for it was more usefull price than hours of contacting with philips support and month of waiting for working firmware.

sokolum
03-19-2011, 01:19 AM
No options give effect. Therefore I use WD TV Live HD player instead of internal bugged player now. 100$ for it was more usefull price than hours of contacting with philips support and month of waiting for working firmware.

I decided to sell mine 46 9705 at THE end of march if THE problem still exist. Actually i lost all my faith. An tv should be fun, this is not.

sokolum
03-19-2011, 01:27 AM

Why after many releases i should believe that THE next Will give THE sollution. If THE NeXT release doesn't give THE sollution, please buy back my tv, 46 9705. Then i don't want it nomore.

Quaddy
03-24-2011, 06:11 PM
i sincerely hope the issue that was introduced a few FW updates ago, maybe last update, is addressed

lip sync. the audio is intermittently and frequently out of sync, and this is just with inbuilt speakers.

hams
04-17-2011, 07:20 PM
there's a new software update. Q5551_0.140.34.0 (2011-04-12).

release notes:
• Intermittent sound lost while watching TV or a connected device via HDMI.
• Macro-blocks appear on digital (DVB-T) channels with HD content. (Only applicable to country,Spain)

Kev D
04-19-2011, 07:35 AM
there's a new software update. Q5551_0.140.34.0 (2011-04-12).

release notes:
• Intermittent sound lost while watching TV or a connected device via HDMI.
• Macro-blocks appear on digital (DVB-T) channels with HD content. (Only applicable to country,Spain)

This version still didn't solve the audio drop problem through HDMI on my 46PFL7605H/12 (using a TeleNet settop-box for digital tv & using a Philips Bluray Player). Philips could you please release a working patch for this issue?

PS: I've tried switching all external devices to another HDMI port and all problems remain. It doesn't matter if my Blu-ray & Digital Settop-Box are connected to HDMI1-ARC, HDMI2 or HDMI3.

Jantje Beton
04-30-2011, 11:22 AM
I upgraded from .25 to .34, but still have sound drops. Another thing I noticed is that it takes much longer before the audio is resumed after a pause. If I pause and resume, it takes up to 3 seconds before there is audio again.

HWAM
09-07-2011, 02:12 PM
I'm running .37 and still have sound drops. Now with all channels in Full HD (Ziggo) the problem is irritating me the most. Sound drops will appear with Full HD channels the most. I called Philips again and now they will send a mechanic. The 2010 7000 model has big problems with HDMI input and full HD channels. I'm running a Humax 5200. Sound drops all the time with macro blocks.

Custers
09-07-2011, 05:27 PM
I'm running .37

Try to run the new SW version .39... Maybe!

Toengel
09-07-2011, 05:44 PM
Hi,

try to run version 140.40 - this is the latest...

Toengel@Alex

mbkeen
09-08-2011, 12:30 AM
sound drops appear to be all gone for me, am running 40 but think they stopped with 37

still have annoying 'flashes' interfering with picture though.

32-9705

Chrissie18
09-08-2011, 03:24 PM
sound drops appear to be all gone for me, am running 40 but think they stopped with 37

still have annoying 'flashes' interfering with picture though.

32-9705

Are these flashes from the backlight?
I also experience these flashes (since 39?) and they are getting worse. But they are only on the right-side of the screen and when I use HOME to switch to HDMI and internal tuner, it stops for a short period...

Can anyone confirm the same behaviour?

Chris

PatrickB
09-30-2011, 11:52 AM
Hi,

Have the same problem with my 52pfl8605h, It only seems to happen when using HDMI. I updated the Firmware like described but now a couple days later I experienced the problem again. Has somebody experienced the sound drop outs after updating to the latest available version?

Thanks,

mbkeen
10-01-2011, 09:11 AM
Sound drops stopped for me from I think .37 onwards. The last time I updated was end aug/early sept and it ran for two weeks with no drops. Not had the tv for last 10 days though as taken away to try to fix the flashing problem. I run a Pace sky+hd box via hdmi, so my good fortune with sound drops may be specific to that source.

Gerhard
10-05-2011, 01:46 PM
Has somebody experienced the sound drop outs after updating to the latest available version?

Sure - me, for example (40PFL9705 and a VDR via HDMI) and I think you will find some more people around here AND you won't get an official statement from Philips what to do - wait for another firmware update or call the service so exchange the buggy component.

Regards,
Gerhard

Chrissie18
10-06-2011, 07:21 PM
See http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?2223-Important-Bugs-which-need-to-be-fixed-in-2010-firmware-(TV550R1)

8.What is the customer supposed to do, if he/she still has sound drop issues? Will this be fixed by software or hardware only?
Most of the sound drops are solved since SW version 140.34 (and later), Any remaining issues will be tackled in the next SW version.

mdiehl
10-23-2011, 12:37 PM
hi,

on my 32PFL9705K/02 it was a hardware problem.
from february to october philips told me it's a software problem and i did all the updates they have released.
but the sound drop issue was always there.
now philips have changed the SSB (small signal board) and all the problems are gone.

markus

bojo
11-28-2011, 01:06 PM
Hi, I have a 47pfl7666 running the latest SW I was wondering if the sound drops issues have been solved if so how please? I still have them when watching an HD channel and when playing my PS3 but not when watching a Blueray disc on the PS3 . Strange !!

Toengel
11-28-2011, 01:33 PM
Hi,

the upcoming FW update will (should) solve that. It's not available, yet.

Toengel@Alex

bojo
11-28-2011, 01:44 PM
Thanks Toengel , Any idea when ? as I have to decide soon or i will run out of time to get a refund I realy like the picture on this TV .

mp01sta
02-06-2012, 11:05 AM
I was suffering with sound drops via HDMI so I upgraded to the .46 release. This has reoslved my sound drops.

But I now have a very annoying crackle sound on HDMI sources. Release notes for .46 says fix for Metlic sound on HDMI is included in this update...Im really unhappy with the audio on .46. Any idea when this will be addressed in the firmware ?

Toengel
02-06-2012, 11:34 AM
Hi,

check your TV if 140.46 is really installed. If yes, try to unplug your TV for 2-3 minutes from power supply.

Toengel@Alex (Toengel@Alex)

Ottavio
02-09-2012, 08:04 PM
Hi,

Also installed the 140.46 before adding digital Coax to the Harman Kardon but 'enjoying' sound drops when watching HD-tv by Ziggo and 'unsopported audio format' when watching the Mede8er.

Just tried the unplug for a few minutes, no result.

Things I found:
Watching Digital HD-TV drops the sound and gives also a small delay in the sound,
wachting Analog (Ziggo channel 2000 and on) gives no problems at all with the sound but a bad picture.

Hope Philips can solve the problem.

D_Cerak
02-12-2012, 11:50 AM
Hi, I have a 47pfl7666 running the latest SW I was wondering if the sound drops issues have been solved if so how please? I still have them when watching an HD channel and when playing my PS3 but not when watching a Blueray disc on the PS3 . Strange !!

Hi, I meet the similar issue than you with my 47PFL7666 TV almost of the time on HD channels, connected by HDMI on SHD85 decoder with le latest software 0.14.93.0 and unfortunatly, this issue isn't fixed at this time. In your message, you said you meet this issue watching TV in HD channels but how you reveive channels, by IPTV (antenna) or by decoder. Please, let me know details about that. Thanks in advance.

Ottavio
02-14-2012, 07:28 PM
Hi, I meet the similar issue than you with my 47PFL7666 TV almost of the time on HD channels, connected by HDMI on SHD85 decoder with le latest software 0.14.93.0 and unfortunatly, this issue isn't fixed at this time. In your message, you said you meet this issue watching TV in HD channels but how you reveive channels, by IPTV (antenna) or by decoder. Please, let me know details about that. Thanks in advance.

The signal goes directly from the cable to the television and is decrypted by the CAM CI+-module (Irdeto).