PDA

View Full Version : Time delay when using jack

Vito
11-30-2012, 09:26 PM
Hello, I purchased the A5 and when I plug it into my TV there is a time delay. I have tried this with multiple tv's and it does the same. If I plug a normal set of headphones into the tv then it is in time. Why is this is there settings on the A5 that need changing? If this is always going to be the case then this will regratbly be getting taken back as this is to be used as not only a wireless device but a extra t of speakers too.

Help would be apriciated.

Many thanks

lucas1970
12-03-2012, 10:39 AM
Are there no settings on your TV that can change this...on the set nothing can be done. And as this device only has MP3 link no other way to connect

erics102
12-14-2012, 12:46 PM
Hello, I've got the A3000 and I intended to use it as TV speaker as well as for listening streaming music .
I have the same problem : it is impossible to listen to TV through it as there is a small delay between people lips and sound ! No problem with other speakers. My TV is on audio extern system mode.
I have contacted Philips support here in France and they did not have heard about that... They are trying to find a solution and get back to me...
It is a shame as I can not use my new product with my TV, so I am wondering if I shouldn't better send it back to the seller and buy something else, too bad for the good design and sound it offers...

Apps on Android, Ipad and PC is OK, except for equalizer settings (music turns off instantly and there is only Bass and Treble settings)
Thanks.

fromsomewhere
12-16-2012, 03:57 AM
Hi

What is your speaker FW? Should be 455S. You can cehck through settings>>device ID>>FW. If it is an old one, maybe worth trying the FW upgrade first.

Philips - QK
01-03-2013, 05:16 AM
Dear erics102,

Have you resolved your issue?
I have sent you a PM. Would you please check your inbox?

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

BeJon
01-03-2013, 08:02 AM
Hello, I purchased the A5 and when I plug it into my TV there is a time delay. I have tried this with multiple tv's and it does the same. If I plug a normal set of headphones into the tv then it is in time. Why is this is there settings on the A5 that need changing? If this is always going to be the case then this will regratbly be getting taken back as this is to be used as not only a wireless device but a extra t of speakers too.

Help would be apriciated.

Many thanks

I have the same problem with my AW5000/10.

Kind Regards

Bengt

Philips - QK
01-03-2013, 08:15 AM
Dear BeJon,

Welcome to the forum! As for your problem reported here, would you please advise:

1) Have you upgraded your device with the latest firmware?
2) What is the exact setup of your TV system including external players, set top box etc?
3) Is the delay a very significant one and is it very noticeable?

With thanks & regards,
Philips Moderation team

BeJon
01-03-2013, 08:49 AM
1) Have you upgraded your device with the latest firmware?
Yes, I have the latest firmware.

2) What is the exact setup of your TV system including external players, set top box etc?
I can check this out tonight, I do not have my TV here.

3) Is the delay a very significant one and is it very noticeable?
Approximately 1 second, but it is noticeable and very annoying.

Sorry for my bad english (google translate)

Kind regards
Bengt

BeJon
01-07-2013, 11:06 AM
Any update to this question??

Oscar
01-07-2013, 12:07 PM
Did you check the Tv settings as you set on the 3rd?

BeJon
01-07-2013, 01:40 PM
I have checked the settings on my TV and I can not find anything that I can change. My satellite receiver has a setting that I can change and I have tested without success.
My TV is a Panasonic Plasma TX-P42G20E (E and G is the same TV). I have attach link to a instruction for the TV, someone might help me to find any settings that I can change.

http://www.panasonic.co.uk/html/en_GB/Products/TX-P42G20B/Manuals/3569651/index.html?trackInfo=true

Philips - QK
01-08-2013, 01:25 AM
Dear BeJon,

I have sent you a PM. Please kindly check your inbox.

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

Blechtrottel
01-11-2013, 09:20 AM
Hmm,

I've running my LG-TV with an AW3000.
LG-TV 2012 model.

There I noticed a slight delay between the AW3000 and the TV speakers (if both produce sound).
It sounds like an ECHO, with the AW3000 seeming to lag behind the TV-speakers.

However, the delay between the movement of the lips and the sound on the AW3000 is not detectable.
I can't make it out (also on digital TV stations).

And indeed, originally I had the same issue as you mention --> output is in Dolby Digital.
But after switching it to PCM-only in the TV's menu (rather than the orignal AUTO setting, things worked fine with me). I can't imagine your TV is that s.... to only remember it per channel.

For the time-delay, I made a small experiment and changed the delay offset in the TV-menu.
The third click immediately worked fine. I checked then the setting on my TV and it indicated that it is a delay of around 90 to 100 milliseconds (= 0.1s), which sounds to me small.

I could download your TV user manual, but I guess with my input it shall be fine ...

Actually this kind of stuff I'm rather used to it, ... :)

I've had same issue with that bloody Apple TV-box. :(

BeJon
01-28-2013, 07:08 AM
Hi!

I gave up after many conversations with Philips support and bought another system. The sound of the AW5000 is great but the software and Airstudio app is a total disaster. The delay of the sound from the TV to the speaker with 3.5mm jack must be due to a problem in the software. In my new system (Airplay) there is no problem with the sound delay.

I have talked to Philips support about my experiences of AW3000 and AW5000 and hopefully Philips make something about it.

Manovra76
02-07-2013, 02:38 PM
Hi,
I have the same problem.

Connect my LCD TV with jack to AW5000 and the voice/sound have delay.

I have tried to connect headphones to the same output from LCD TV and the voice/sound is perfect syncronized. But if I change and connect AWW5000 ...all in delay.

help please, this is a big problem!

Fabio

BeJon
02-08-2013, 06:42 AM
Hi,
I have the same problem.

Connect my LCD TV with jack to AW5000 and the voice/sound have delay.

I have tried to connect headphones to the same output from LCD TV and the voice/sound is perfect syncronized. But if I change and connect AWW5000 ...all in delay.

help please, this is a big problem!

Fabio

I have sent You a PM .

nathansmonk
02-09-2013, 11:35 AM
I too have this problem, but I am using my iPad in an official apple dock whilst playing netflix. I have the latest firmware and ~1 second lag. Please advise.

Manovra76
02-09-2013, 08:59 PM
The problem persist, but I have find a partial solution.

1) AW5000 is OFF
2) AW5000 and LCD are connect with jacl
3) power-on LCD
4) AW5000 power ON

if I do nothing else with AW5000, the voice is sincronize. Else if before I use AW5000 for other function and after use MP3 link ....I have delay in voice.

May be this information can help someone and the support to fix in the next firmare version!!

Pacman
02-11-2013, 10:45 AM
Do you have any option to change on your TV and did you try already? What sound output is it? Are all devices up to date?

And to be honest I do not see this device to be used as an external speaker for my TV, this is not the purpose of it or am I wrong here:confused:

Manovra76
02-11-2013, 11:40 AM
Do you have any option to change on your TV and did you try already? What sound output is it? Are all devices up to date?

And to be honest I do not see this device to be used as an external speaker for my TV, this is not the purpose of it or am I wrong here:confused:

All firmware is update.

The problem is not TV, I have try 2 different chanel output, if use other speakerphone all is ok, if I use AW5000....delay =_="

I suppose that internal firmware (mp3 link), post-process output and generate delay.

Orris 11
05-03-2013, 09:50 AM
Hi I sent this to Consumer Care - on 22th April - will it be answered ? - not much care.

Topic is thje sycronisation delay when using thw aw5000 JACK.

With kind regards,
Philips Consumer Care

You submitted following inquiry:
Can you please confirm if you are going to fix the issue with the AW5000 when plugged directly into a TV source and the ensuing Time Delay? See Phillips Forum on AW5000. I am happy to wait, but would like to know if this issue is being tackled? I actually watch most TV using a Philips HDT8520, and the issue is the same - so with both products being Philips it seems that this should be solvable.
regards

kylie
05-03-2013, 10:03 AM
hi orris11

where have you sent your query to? on forum/ via PM / or sending email?

Philips - QK
05-13-2013, 08:23 AM
Dear Orris 11,

I have sent you a PM. Would you please have a check of that?

With thanks & regards,
Philips Moderation Team

thomassafca
06-11-2013, 06:35 PM
Dear Orris 11,

I have sent you a PM. Would you please have a check of that?

With thanks & regards,
Philips Moderation Team

Hey,

I'm facing the same problem on my AW5000 running the latest firmware.
Any help would be appreciated! :)

Philips - QK
06-13-2013, 04:48 AM
Dear thomassafca,

I have sent you a PM. Would you please check your PM inbox?

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

GvAlebeek
08-19-2013, 06:42 PM
Dear moderation team,

I have the same problem delaying the output when I plug in a microphone into de mp3link.
I have tried several mikes which in a pc directly outputs the voice.

Can you send me also your PM?

Philips - Joanna
08-20-2013, 09:20 AM
Dear GvAlebeek,

As requested, please refer to the PM I have just sent you :)

Best regards,
Joanna
Philips Moderation Team

Lesss
10-20-2013, 10:17 PM
Hi I have problem with delay in my Fidelio AW9000. I connect my laptop by the usb soundcard rme babyface. Coaxial and jack have the same problem with delay.. Can you help please because I love this sond but I can use the speakers to watch the film or play the miusic etc. Thanks..

Philips - QK
10-21-2013, 06:45 AM
Dear Lesss,

I have sent you a PM. Would you please check your inbox?

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

k1200rs
10-21-2013, 05:27 PM
Instead of sending PM', would you please share the solution (if any) with the forum?
Thanks

Lesss
10-21-2013, 06:23 PM
Hi Philips Moderation Team. I did not receive PM. Can you send me it again please. Thanks

Philips - QK
10-22-2013, 02:14 AM
Dear Lesss,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
I have re-sent you the PM.

Best regards,
Philips Moderation Team

Sjagga
10-24-2013, 07:39 PM
Good evening,

It's both good and bad to see i'm not the only one with this problem; i recently got an AW3000 which, for now, i can only use with the 3,5mm jack input. Unfortunately when connecting to the tv the sound is out of sync, likewise when connecting it alongside any other speaker. This makes the use of the system rather limited..

If those PM's contain a solution, i'd love to receive one as well.

Thank you in advance

Philips - QK
10-28-2013, 09:54 AM
Dear Sjagga,

I have sent you a PM also. Kindly check your inbox.

With thanks & regards,
Philips Moderation Team

dubu49
11-01-2013, 03:29 PM
I am experiencing audio to picture delay lag even after recent firmware update on my AW3000. What is the solution? I was about to buy some AW9000 tomorrow but unsure whether i should now.

dubu49
11-07-2013, 09:53 PM
Why don't we have a straight answer on this please? I guess there is no solution to this then other than possible future firmware. This is the most viewed topic on the AW series page and I have had no response yet...

Philips - Rafal
11-08-2013, 08:18 AM
Dear dubu49,

I have sent you a PM. Please check your inbox.

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team