PDA

View Full Version : Charging SHB 9100

Vandarte
11-30-2012, 10:03 PM
Hi, I would like some help in the regard of charging the 9100 bluetooth headphone.

There are any restrictions to charge it? Some output current (milliamps or mA) is intended?

I've done some research and found out that all usb devices have 5V output, but the actual current can greatly vary.

In short, the headphone doesn't come with a charger and I have a lot of micro USB chargers, can I use one of them to charge the SHB 9100 through a wall plug?

I've:

1- a tablet charger output 5V=1.6A
2- a smartphone charger Out: 5V= 850mA
3- a USB 2.0 HUB that can be pluged into a wall

And concerning the USB cable that came with the phone, in the manual says "to avoid damage use only the USB cable to charge". Why is that? Is something "special" with this cable? I've other good cables there are bigger, shouldn't I use them? :confused:

To charge it only in the PC is not a good option for me.
So, please, some help required!

Thanks in advance, and sorry for any language mistakes, not my first one...:confused:

lucas1970
12-03-2012, 10:52 AM
Think only problem that can happen that the charging will take longer if you use different ones. I mean using my phone with the wall pkug goed fast but via USB to PC that takes ages

5MW
12-11-2012, 10:15 AM
I guess the bottom line is:
- You can charge your BT headphone using any kind of external compatible USB charger
- The typical USB 5V specification is key here
- Charger output specification in Amps (A) or miliamps(mA) are only about how much time is involved in the charging process. It is not important with regard to compatibility, otherwise ther would have been a clear statement in the manual.
- Just always be careful when plugging the micro-USB into your headphone. I think that's what the manual refers to when saying "to avoid damage, use only etc.."