PDA

View Full Version : Can i use the monitors like "cctv" to monitor the living room while i am not at home?

redben74
12-04-2012, 03:07 PM
The basic idea of purchasing the monitors was to have a monitoring system for my living room while i am not at home. Up to now i understood, that i can use the monitors and see the picture on my iphone only if they both are using the same wifi at the same time.
Is there any way/chance to install it like this: While i am not at home the monitors are working and alarms are activated. As soon there is any noise or movement in the living room ill get an alert on my iphone, whereever i am in the world. Even better if i could get an access to the monitors to see whats going on at home while i am not there.

Any idea if this could work and how?

Thank you.

Philips - QK
12-07-2012, 04:51 AM
Dear redben74,

Yes, the M100 works exactly the same way you mentioned. It can be used when your phone is not connected to the same network with your monitor.

While you are not at home, the monitors are working and alarms are activated. You can get access to the monitor via an app called In.Sight (comes along with this monitor) to see what's going on at your home. You can set the alerts (motion/ audio/ temperature) via the apps. The sensitivity can be adjusted. When put your app at the background in your phone (start the apps, press home button to make it work in the background), all these alerts will work. For details, you can refer to the by-pack manual.

Thanks for your interest! :) Come back to us if you have more queries!

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

confusedby technology
01-07-2013, 09:41 PM
I have the M100 and it works wonderfully when I am at home, but I bought it so I can monitor my home while I am away. The moment I get out of reach from my home WiFi it makes the monitor go 'offline'. The whole point of me buying this was for it to work when I'm not home and to alert me on my iPhone when something moves about in my apartment. Not very useful if it only stays on while I am home. I paid the $24.99 for the app to make it 'pro' that way I can utilize it on the 3G network, but it won't allow me to use it at school.
If you can help me please it would be appreciated, or else I'm going to have to take it back to the store because it is a waste of money if it only works while I'm home.