PDA

View Full Version : Dirty Screen Effect

drunk munky
12-06-2012, 04:51 PM
I own a Philips 55pfl6007 and am experiencing very noticeable differences in the screens brightness when there is a scene involving panning, I'm sure the issue is present without panning but its more noticeable when it is which is otherwise known as dirty screen effect.

What is Philips official position on this?

Lassy
12-09-2012, 09:57 AM
There are more topics about this so called vertical banding. Philips has now repaired my TV for the third time. I'll get it back this Monday and hope it is OK this time but I doubt it.

drunk munky
12-11-2012, 03:22 PM
There are more topics about this so called vertical banding. Philips has now repaired my TV for the third time. I'll get it back this Monday and hope it is OK this time but I doubt it.

Were your repairs for this DSE/vertical banding fault?

Thanks

Lassy
12-12-2012, 09:33 AM
Correct. I got it back and the problems seems to be solved. I still need to test it properly.

Philips - Rafe
12-12-2012, 10:09 AM
Hi drunk munky,

Sorry to see you're experiencing problems with your television.

Can you confirm this is happening on all sources?

I think this is probably going to be something we will want to look at in order to properly diagnose. You can contact us via email, chat or telephone using the link below. We'd be more than happy to help you resolve any issues as best we can :)

http://www.support.philips.com/support/contact/contact_page.jsp?userLanguage=en&userCountry=gb

Best,

Rafe

I own a Philips 55pfl6007 and am experiencing very noticeable differences in the screens brightness when there is a scene involving panning, I'm sure the issue is present without panning but its more noticeable when it is which is otherwise known as dirty screen effect.

What is Philips official position on this?

drunk munky
12-12-2012, 11:17 AM
Hi drunk munky,

Sorry to see you're experiencing problems with your television.

Can you confirm this is happening on all sources?

I think this is probably going to be something we will want to look at in order to properly diagnose. You can contact us via email, chat or telephone using the link below. We'd be more than happy to help you resolve any issues as best we can :)

http://www.support.philips.com/support/contact/contact_page.jsp?userLanguage=en&userCountry=gb

Best,

Rafe

Ok, will check other sources

Force
12-14-2012, 07:40 AM
I bought a 46pfl7007t a few weeks back. Whilst the picture I got could look awesome, the DSE - dirty screen effect, vertical effect - was poor and very noticeable on football and cricket, anything with fast panning shots on a light background. I decided to return the Philips set, which I was gutted about as I have had ambilight sets for the last 5 years and love that feature. I swapped the Philips for a Samsung 7000 series. The picture on the Samsung was nowhere near as good. I have decided that there are problems with all sets at present! I have therefore swapped the Samsung for a PFL6007T. I decided I would live with some DSE as the Philips pictures seem so much better to me. I can get a great picture out of it but again the dirty screen effect is very noticeable in football. Will this be fixed by a firmware update or is it a panel problem? Regards