PDA

View Full Version : Pixel Precise HD-engine settings PFL6007

k4rluk
12-07-2012, 12:01 PM
What are the optimal Pixel Precise HD-engine settings? Should the Advanced sharpness, Dynamic contrast, Dynamic backlight, Colour enhancement, HD Natural Motion and Clear LCD options be turned off or on, and if on, at what level?

I'm experiencing some issues with the factory settings, especially in fast moving images/scenes, the images are not displayed smoothly (pixelation at bottom and sides of the screen). After turning off all Pixel Precise HD-engine the problem seems to disappear, but I assume these options are not there to be put off?

drunk munky
12-07-2012, 12:35 PM
What are the optimal Pixel Precise HD-engine settings? Should the Advanced sharpness, Dynamic contrast, Dynamic backlight, Colour enhancement, HD Natural Motion and Clear LCD options be turned off or on, and if on, at what level?

I'm experiencing some issues with the factory settings, especially in fast moving images/scenes, the images are not displayed smoothly (pixelation at bottom and sides of the screen). After turning off all Pixel Precise HD-engine the problem seems to disappear, but I assume these options are not there to be put off?

Turn down/off the HD natural motion, this appears to be a problem for most on this forum and I am waiting for Philips official statement on it.

Over to to you mods to ask for firmware version etc......

k4rluk
12-07-2012, 12:40 PM
000.150.048.014 ;-)

drunk munky
12-07-2012, 12:55 PM
I wasn't asking k4rluk but it will save some time when the mods finally come back from their coding.

mrb1972
12-07-2012, 01:05 PM

I use the following
Advanced sharpness = off
Dynamic contrast = min
Dynamic backlight = standard
Colour enhancement = off
HD Natural Motion = min
Clear LCD = on

k4rluk
12-07-2012, 04:59 PM
I use the following
Advanced sharpness = off
Dynamic contrast = min
Dynamic backlight = standard
Colour enhancement = off
HD Natural Motion = min
Clear LCD = on

Will try these settings, hope it will solve my issues

drunk munky
12-07-2012, 07:30 PM
Will try these settings, hope it will solve my issues

Its the hdnm function categorically. Turn that off and it goes away. Mpeg noise reduction won't help either.

k4rluk
12-08-2012, 08:38 AM
Its the hdnm function categorically. Turn that off and it goes away. Mpeg noise reduction won't help either.

Indeed, this did the trick

Thx!

drunk munky
12-08-2012, 09:11 AM
Indeed, this did the trick

Thx!

You're welcome