PDA

View Full Version : BDP3000 Door won't open if no DVD inside

Paul C
12-09-2012, 12:03 AM
This one's a bit strange.

Until tonight never had a problem in 3 years and then I go to put on a film and the drive wouldn't open. I could hear the motor trying top open, and the door move a little, but no joy.

After a couple of hours of fiddling about with it I was able to work out that it opens fine when there is a disc inside, but requires the help of the manual release if there is no disc inside.

Any ideas? I really can't afford a new Blu-Ray right now so if there is a way to fix it I'd be grateful.

Thanks

Paul C

Toengel
12-09-2012, 09:28 AM
Hi,

maybe loading factory defaults do the trick... also check support website for latest firmware...

Toengel@Alex

Paul C
12-13-2012, 04:07 PM
Hi,

maybe loading factory defaults do the trick... also check support website for latest firmware...

Toengel@Alex

Thanks - but tried both to no avail. :(

Paul C
12-13-2012, 04:08 PM
Thanks - but tried both to no avail. :(

Paul C
12-16-2012, 09:18 PM
So the problems continue - when a DVD is in there the door opens and shuts like there is nothing wrong, but as soon as I take the disc out I need to use a screwdriver on the manual release.

Firmware is now up to date.

Any other ideas everyone?

lucas1970
12-17-2012, 12:22 PM
My idea is that you have to take it to service...........looks very very weird this issue

bobg51
12-28-2012, 10:47 AM
Hi
i have the same problem on a BDP3000/05.
Where is the manual release that you mention? it could be a life saver and save me from returning the unit to Philips.

Thanks in anticipation

Bob G

Paul C
12-28-2012, 10:53 AM
On the underside of the unit, towards the front of where the CD Drive is, there is a slot, about 2 inches long and about 5mm wide. If you look closely you can see a white lever in there which can be moved from left to right with a cocktail stick - this opens the door. The player has to be plugged in and turned on for it to work.

bobg51
12-28-2012, 01:33 PM
Wow that was quick and it works - how come you know more than the people at Philips who told me there was no manual release on this model!?
BTW i have now tested it and the door does work manually but it still wont play a dvd and have now rung support and insisted on my consumer rights of a free repair as it is clearly a manufacturing quality failure. They have kindly agreed to send me a new player and asked me to dispose of the old one.
so a good outcome anyway but thanks for your help

On the underside of the unit, towards the front of where the CD Drive is, there is a slot, about 2 inches long and about 5mm wide. If you look closely you can see a white lever in there which can be moved from left to right with a cocktail stick - this opens the door. The player has to be plugged in and turned on for it to work.