PDA

View Full Version : HDMI sound problem after upgrading firmware

Pimpelmees
12-09-2012, 02:26 PM
Hello
two weeks ago i bought the 47pfl6907H. (netherlands)
I connected it with several oter things, like dvd player, digatal receiver and AC Ryan mediaplayer.
Everything worked fine. Then the tv shows there was a firmware upgrade. I upgraded with an USB stick and everything looked fine.... but...... when i conect the TV to the hdmi port were the AC Ryan is connected, (does not mather what port, because i tried them al) i hear several times a disturbing cracking noice like there is a bad audio connect. The tv also make this noise when i switch my acryan to another film or to another menu. This was not before i updated the firmware.
I', m now using version 150.048.014 . Is this a bug or does anybody know whats the reason of this or better, what's the solution for the cracking sound sometimes. It's not during playing a film but only when i start or switch to another menu with my ac ryan.

thanks

Philips - Benedickte
12-12-2012, 01:28 PM
Hello
two weeks ago i bought the 47pfl6907H. (netherlands)
I connected it with several oter things, like dvd player, digatal receiver and AC Ryan mediaplayer.
Everything worked fine. Then the tv shows there was a firmware upgrade. I upgraded with an USB stick and everything looked fine.... but...... when i conect the TV to the hdmi port were the AC Ryan is connected, (does not mather what port, because i tried them al) i hear several times a disturbing cracking noice like there is a bad audio connect. The tv also make this noise when i switch my acryan to another film or to another menu. This was not before i updated the firmware.
I', m now using version 150.048.014 . Is this a bug or does anybody know whats the reason of this or better, what's the solution for the cracking sound sometimes. It's not during playing a film but only when i start or switch to another menu with my ac ryan.

thanks

Hi Pimpelmees.

Sorry to hear you haveing problems after you updated the software. You know what software version was installed on the TV before you updated?

Best regards,
Benedickte

Pimpelmees
12-16-2012, 08:40 PM
Hi Pimpelmees.

Sorry to hear you haveing problems after you updated the software. You knwo what software version was installed on the TV before you updated?

Best regards,
Benedickte

Hello Benedickte,
I really don't know anymore. It was the firmware who was installed on the production and i thougt it was 1.35 or 1.38...??
But, because i was very satisfied with this TV, i made my friend also enthousiastic and he bought the same in the same shop ( next thursday i gone help hin to install his tv and i will look tot the firmware version he has. That must be the same as i had before)...
i let you know

regards
Pimpelmees.
ps. the sound is very irritating when i use my mediaplayer and i push an button to change the mun, tot pause or to start again i eveytime hear that cracking sounbd like a bad contact......!!

Toengel
12-17-2012, 06:59 AM
Hi,

please install the latest firmware 150.81 via USB stick - it fixes the crackling sound...

Toengel@Alex

Pimpelmees
12-17-2012, 08:01 AM
Hi,

please install the latest firmware 150.81 via USB stick - it fixes the crackling sound...

Toengel@Alex

Hi Toengel,
thank you for your advise, but wher can i find that upgrade??
on the philips website is the latest version to download: 150.049.014 from 2012-11-16 ??

regards
Pimpelmees

Pimpelmees
12-17-2012, 12:16 PM
Hi,

Toengel@Alex

Sorry, i was to quick with my answer. I did read on this forum that the new version already is in the zipfile so i downloaded it and i gonne try if the problem has gone..
thanks

Pimpelmees
12-17-2012, 05:13 PM
the firmware update works fine... no crackling sound anymore.... thanks...!!!

SlimmeTV
12-24-2012, 12:45 PM
Hi all, I experience somewhat the same problem, both from a Dune HD mediaplayer, as well as a Mede8er 1000X3D. At the start of .flac audiofiles and most .mkv movie files there is a very annoying crackling sound. Audio is connected through HDMI. I tried every HDMI port on the 40PFL8007, no use. In some cases the crackling even does not stop anymore, and turning things off is the only remedy. Strange thing in my case is that I only experienced this AFTER upgrading to firmware level 150.081 ??! I cannot recall having had the problem earlier, but anyhow, fw 150.081 does NOT solve anything here.

By the way, I dont have any of these sound problems when connecting to an older 32PFL9603 Philips TV.

A setting on the mede8er gives somewhat better results: Downmixing HDMI to 2 channel, still there are some cracks, but far less. trying all kinds of setting on the Dune HD does not improve anything.

Anyone got a suggestion ? Can I downgrade to previous fw level ?

Pimpelmees
12-24-2012, 01:29 PM
I posted to quickly that the proplem was gone after the firmware upgrade !!! the last days i hear that crackling noise again when using my mediplayer, it's mucg less.... but still present !!

Tecpao
01-07-2013, 10:16 PM
Hello,
my tv is 40PFL8606M after firmware upgrade 014.104.0 (2012-11-27), audio from hdmi (htpc output) crackling sometimes (crick - tic).

Anyone got a suggestion ? Can I downgrade to previous fw level ?

Regards

Toengel
01-08-2013, 06:42 AM
Hi,

did you unplug your TV for 5 minutes after the update?

Toengel@Alex

Tecpao
01-08-2013, 09:37 AM
Hi,

did you unplug your TV for 5 minutes after the update?

Toengel@Alex

Yes!!

Best regards.

malwenn1
01-14-2013, 01:52 PM
Hi !
I bought a 5507 in September 2012 and i have the same exact problem described here !
It's very very annoying ! Tried to update my tv but nohting help ........

Htep
01-14-2013, 07:58 PM
To all,
Just call the Philips support asking them to send you a past released of the firmware.

I'm from France and I receive an USB stick with 133.x firmware after having open a case.

PeterO
01-17-2013, 01:14 PM
To all,
Just call the Philips support asking them to send you a past released of the firmware.

I'm from France and I receive an USB stick with 133.x firmware after having open a case.

The Dutch helpdesk also advised me to downgrade my 42pfl6687 running 150.82 firmware, but then of course the problems with new device found and ambilight turning itself on would return.
Switching to stereo sound is also no options because my raspberry Pi does not have the DTS/DD decoding license (yet).
The helpdesk had no information whether this would ever be fixed. It would be nice to have a fully functional television within a year after I bought it (July 2012).

Benedickte, just a friendly reminder that we still need a fix for this.

frank79
01-20-2013, 09:52 PM
I`ve bought the same tv a couple of weeks ago (6687)
Those cracks are very irritating. I really hope Philips will fix this fast!!
By buying a Philips Tv of almost 900 euro`s is expected it to be perfect...no firmware mistakes like this!!

Please fix this Philips!