PDA

View Full Version : [MCI300] Internet radio doesn't work anymore

mmarica
12-09-2012, 08:56 PM
Hi,

Since a week internet radio doesn't work anymore : error when connection to the internet server. I tried to restart, initialise wifi connexion, nothing works. It is showing the users (so my Internet connexion is ok) but when I want to go to see my radio stations I have the error message.

Please help.

Regards

Daffodil Dai
12-10-2012, 08:40 AM
Hi Mmarica
I am not a technical person but I have been struggling with the same problem on my Stremium WACS7500. I posted a topic on the 8th as in desperation I had a chat with the technical support people at Philips. They told me that they KNEW that the server was down and advised me to try again on Monday (today). So far it's still not working this morning. But i shall try again later - and suggest you do the same. I felt it would be nice if Philips sent an email to all registered users as it's a known problem. but so far the idea has fallen on stoney ground and met deaf ears . Perhaps as Users we should all club together to suggest it in strength? I wasted SO much time fiddling around with it all time rebooting everything from the Broadband router to the Philips machines and it's satelites. It is very frustrating.
Kind regards and best of luck.
Fingers crossed it's working again later today.

Hi,

Since a week internet radio doesn't work anymore : error when connection to the internet server. I tried to restart, initialise wifi connexion, nothing works. It is showing the users (so my Internet connexion is ok) but when I want to go to see my radio stations I have the error message.

Please help.

Regards

mmarica
12-11-2012, 09:49 AM
Thank you for your replay. I totally agree with you about the service reliability. Philips must do something.

Regards

lucas1970
12-11-2012, 09:58 AM
Just posted an have no issues it all works ok...

mmarica
12-11-2012, 04:31 PM
Ok but I think that it is not normal to wait a hole week. For me the service is not reliable.

mmarica
12-12-2012, 07:10 AM
For me it's still not working. I have the same message : error when connection to the internet server:(
I have another internet radion (Strong using Receiva) that works very well.

AHall
12-14-2012, 11:11 AM
Same issue here - have a call out with customer services after restoring factory settings. Should be calling me back later today - fingers crossed. I am listening to stations where I have manually put the url in via My Media instead but frustrating

AHall
12-14-2012, 06:12 PM
Just got a call back. Confirmed thay are having problems at their end due to too much demand and are working to resolve including getting greater processing power at their servers. They are trying to get everyone back on asap but could not indicate when. From experience, don't even try to use it on Christmas Day/ Boxing Day etc. as loads of new people try to register.

Glen
12-15-2012, 11:37 AM
Hi,

Please help.

Regards

Hi,

I've had the same issue for a couple of weeks now too.

I just got off a live chat with Philips and wa told that they are aware of the problem and are working on it. Apparently it's an issue with the servers. So, for now it's a case of waiting to see what happens. I was advised (As was another forum member last week) that I should wait until Monday and contact them again if it's still not working.

I had been able to use my NP1100 until this morning and now this has ceased to work too. I was assured that it's not a case of Philips choosing not to provide a service any longer for the older machines - which is good news.

guvnor34
01-05-2013, 09:02 AM
At last. After weeks of being without service and numerous calls with Philips, although the operator
Was helpful and promised call back from service manager it never happened. It appears
That service was changed from club Philips to my Phillips. But a call would of been appreciated

Daffodil Dai
01-05-2013, 09:29 AM
My service came back yesterday .... but like you I was promised an email to let me know it was all back up and running OK. My service has been down since 7th December ... so almost 4 weeks ... which is awful. Would never recommend Philips products to anyone as their after sales service is diabolical. Their support staff MUST read these comments (of which there are numerous others in the same vein as this regarding poor support) yet they simply choose to ignore any negative comments. What really annoys me is that I have made a suggestion to improve support yet they have ignored that too.

Hey ho. They've taken our money - so what do they care now?

At least the Internet Radio Server is back again now and I have music back (hurrah!) but I think something has changed as I'm having to re-register before using now?

Happy New Year.

DD

At last. After weeks of being without service and numerous calls with Philips, although the operator
Was helpful and promised call back from service manager it never happened. It appears
That service was changed from club Philips to my Phillips. But a call would of been appreciated

Glen
01-07-2013, 02:25 PM
It's great that the internet radio service has finally come back on line. However, I agree that this is an unacceptable length of time to have to wait.

As regards Philips taking on board forum member's comments and suggestions - from my experience of the old Streamium Cafe forum, that doesn't really happen to any great extent. A member can complain, but Philips seem to do what they want when they want, without much of a need to explain their actions (or lack of) to customers. I remember the massive negative customer response when they changed internet radio service providers without any prior notification. People were not happy, but eventually learned that Philips are not for turning. I reluctantly accept that now. I have extremely low expectations for Philips customer service - consequently, they no longer fail to meet my expectations.

Daffodil Dai
01-08-2013, 10:36 AM
Whilst I find their so called "maintenance" of the Internet Radio Server frustrating and inconvenient beyond belief ... I have to say that it has come back better and so far much more reliable than before. For the first time since I've had the machine .... I am able to access my Favourite Radio Stations using the "Favourites" function. It never ever worked before. Also I find that the Internet Radio (so far) hasn't "dropped out" for ages and ages (i.e. stopped working for no apparent reason) .... so maybe alls well that ends well????

Best of luck for future use
Kindest regards
DD

It's great that the internet radio service has finally come back on line. However, I agree that this is an unacceptable length of time to have to wait.

As regards Philips taking on board forum member's comments and suggestions - from my experience of the old Streamium Cafe forum, that doesn't really happen to any great extent. A member can complain, but Philips seem to do what they want when they want, without much of a need to explain their actions (or lack of) to customers. I remember the massive negative customer response when they changed internet radio service providers without any prior notification. People were not happy, but eventually learned that Philips are not for turning. I reluctantly accept that now. I have extremely low expectations for Philips customer service - consequently, they no longer fail to meet my expectations.

alfa 147
01-09-2013, 10:34 AM
I have this problem: ever since i have changed my wifi router channel broadcast, internet radio displays: internet server cannot be connected. I understand that there is also a problem with internet radio server, but i don't know if it was solved by now. Can you tell me on what band should I set the wifi router, that will allow internet server to connect?
I have switched all of band and nothing, but maybe i miss something. What is your wifi band settings (1,2 or..)
Also wdma program doesn't find my device on scanning.
Without my internet radio the system is basically useless for me.

Tias
01-09-2013, 03:29 PM
Hi !
I suggest that you re-configure your MCi300 WLAN settings so it hopefully reconnects correctly to our WLAN again.

Cheers !

alfa 147
01-09-2013, 04:21 PM
I did it before, also full reset, nothing works.

Tias
01-09-2013, 06:03 PM
Ok, do you have any contact with anything in your LAN ?
Like a UPnP server in your PC or similar ?

Cheers !

alfa 147
01-09-2013, 07:49 PM
Nope, nothing.Is it possible to reinstall firmware from a usb stick, let's say, because i cannot see the stereo system from my laptop, so i can't use wadm soft?
Or is it another way to reset it, beside pressing power button for 8 sec?
Another idea is to install it at home, now is in my office, to see if it recognize another wifi network.
Also, i have a mifi, so tomorrow i will try to see if it works with another router, beside the actual one.

Tias
01-09-2013, 08:29 PM
Hi !

Pressing the power button > 5 seconds is just a full power off, not a reset.
To reset it, you have to start it up and select Factory Rest using the menu.
Then it will restart and then you reconfigure it to connect to your WLAN.

Cheers !

alfa 147
01-09-2013, 08:31 PM
I did also 2 factory resets from the menu, with no results. Thanks for the help, i will post the news here tomorrow.

Ok, i have found the problem, with mifi router Internet works, so i will reset also the main wifi router to factory settings, and then i believe the problem will be solved.

alfa 147
01-11-2013, 08:55 AM
I did also 2 factory resets from the menu, with no results. Thanks for the help, i will post the news here tomorrow.

Ok, i have found the problem, with mifi router Internet works, so i will reset also the main wifi router to factory settings, and then i believe the problem will be solved.

Nope, doesn't work with old router, even if i reset the wifi router and establish old type of connection, like it was set when it all works. So I will move the system at home, here is useless!

alfa 147
01-18-2013, 07:04 AM
Nope, doesn't work with old router, even if i reset the wifi router and establish old type of connection, like it was set when it all works. So I will move the system at home, here is useless!

Problem solved: i reconfigured security encryption on wifi router, changed to both AES&TKIP from single TKIP. Maybe that's usefull for some of the users!

John.s
04-26-2013, 03:41 PM
Hi,
I have the same problem as alfa 147 in as much as my WACS7500 says "internet server cannot be connected"
I have a full wifi signal and haved tried rebooting both the Centre and router to no avail.
Can anyone out there help?

Thanks
John.s

raffa
04-27-2013, 10:55 PM
I have a similar problem, with the MCI300 not connecting to Internet radio.
I did a factory reset but after I entered my email address it asked me for the first user's password.
I cannot remember what I put in originally, is there anyway of finding out or resetting this?

John.s
04-28-2013, 06:50 AM
I had a live cheat with Philips and they told me the server was down (again?????).
He said it would be unprofessional to give me a date it would be reinstated.
He said he would email me when it is up and running again.................I won't hold my breath!!!!

Faust
04-29-2013, 09:32 AM
I have a similar problem, with the MCI300 not connecting to Internet radio.
I did a factory reset but after I entered my email address it asked me for the first user's password.
I cannot remember what I put in originally, is there anyway of finding out or resetting this?

Hi raffa, i would try to have a look if you can request a new password through MyPhilips - have a look here - http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/cpindex.pl?ctn=MCI300/05&dct=FAQ&faqview=1&list=aa12_list_partial.html&mid=Link_FAQs&refnr=0077505&scy=GB&slg=ENG&view=aa12_view_partial.html .

Alternatively, you may try to create a bran new account as well.

John R
05-17-2013, 03:13 PM
The reset password route doesn't work, I've tried it.

raffa
06-14-2013, 07:39 PM
Hi
I sorted out my "please enter first users password" problem by doing the following

Set up a new account with new email address and to follow the steps below.

1. Initiate registration on device
2. Enter Email ID on the device
3. Click on the link in the email which has been send to the user
4. Complete the online registration on MyPhilips website
5. Once you are registered enter the password on the device

Please be aware that Step (5) shouldn’t be done after Step (2). Only do it when the website tells you your product is registered. Deviation of the sequence will result in error messages.
The first time I tried I didn't go through all the online steps to register the product and it failed (too impatient), but followed all the steps the second time and it worked.
Thanks to Theresa at Philips for her help.

alfa 147
11-06-2013, 01:06 PM
a new problem: after i received my mci300 from service (electronic problems), i started it, and i must register it to philips, to access internet radio. But, pressing the link sent to my email, it says "This is not a valid registration. Please start product registration on your device." Even that it was registered before on the site, and even that i have a valid account and password. What should i do?

alfa 147
11-07-2013, 05:56 AM
Nobody had encountered this? What should I do? Without internet is pretty useless

Philips - Rafal
11-07-2013, 09:56 AM
Dear alfa 147,

Please bear with us while we are checking the issue.

Regards,
Philips Moderation Team

Philips - Rafal
11-08-2013, 08:08 AM
Dear alfa 147,

I have sent you a PM. Please check your inbox.

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

Tarik.Oranc
11-09-2013, 10:24 AM
I can not access any radios. Is the server down

Matjaz
11-10-2013, 07:36 AM
The same is with me with NP3700 in Austria. No online services and no radios and "empty list" message...
Kind regards,
Matjaz

alfa 147
11-11-2013, 09:05 AM
Today i was able to register the product, problem solved, thanks Philips for DM and for the assistance. @Philips - Rafal