PDA

View Full Version : Netflix - BDP5500/55

JCSM
12-10-2012, 12:01 AM
I bought BDP5500/55 in Peru where Netflix is available. Activated device as instructed. However, using the browser does not let access contents (freezes, too slow, etc)
Will a new firmware release include a dedicated Netflix app instead of using the browser? Youtube, for example, works great!
Thanks,
JC

mipm
12-12-2012, 08:44 PM
I bought BDP5500/55 in Peru where Netflix is available. Activated device as instructed. However, using the browser does not let access contents (freezes, too slow, etc)
Will a new firmware release include a dedicated Netflix app instead of using the browser? Youtube, for example, works great!
Thanks,
JC

Haz logrado activar Netflix en el BDP5500/55?. Si es asi favor podrías indicarme como se hace, en mi dispositivo figura como desactivado en el menu avanzado y no encuentro como activarlo.

Gracias

Dear JCSM and Oscar

Please review this information from Netflix support team (Called)

http://support.netflix.com/en/node/2438#gsc.tab=0

Regards

Tias
12-12-2012, 09:47 PM
Hi !
A friend of mine has a problem with BDP5500/55 and Netflix too, he cannot even activate Netflix from his BDP5500. He has the latest Firmware installed (and yes, Netflix is available here in Chile).

Cheers
/T

JCSM
12-13-2012, 02:21 AM
Haz logrado activar Netflix en el BDP5500/55?. Si es asi favor podrías indicarme como se hace, en mi dispositivo figura como desactivado en el menu avanzado y no encuentro como activarlo.

Gracias

Simple. Con el navegador fui a la página de netflix y en automático me pidió un código que encuentro en la web de netflix. Lo ingreso, y listo.
El problema es que en ese navegador no se puede reproducir las películas o series y que no hay una aplicación dedicada que lo haga.
Es decir, no me ha servido de nada poder activarlo.

Oscar
12-13-2012, 08:40 AM
Hi JCSM and mipm,

Please check this thread were it indicates that Netflix will be for the Nordic countries and has to be further defined http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/archive/index.php/t-8553.html

Also could you please write in English as this is and English forum.

Thanks

mipm
12-13-2012, 03:34 PM
Ok Oscar

Thanks JCSM

Could you please post de exact URL used for activiting the BDP5500/55 within the blue ray device browser? (I am not talking about netflix account creation)

JCSM
12-14-2012, 01:19 PM
Hi JCSM and mipm,

Please check this thread were it indicates that Netflix will be for the Nordic countries and has to be further defined http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/archive/index.php/t-8553.html

Also could you please write in English as this is and English forum.

Thanks

Thanks Oscar for your answer, but I am asking Philips about plans for supporting Netflix in Peru, Latin America, not Nordic countries.

Has this information been released?

JCSM

mipm
12-18-2012, 07:19 AM
Seems that will be supported because is deactivated in the menu-advanced-settings and netflix support the device (http://support.netflix.com/en/node/2438#gsc.tab=0)

The question is: when will be supported or activated in the unit?

mipm

Oscar
12-18-2012, 03:31 PM
Thats a good one indeed :confused: There is nothing mentioned about this so would be good to get an update

mipm
12-18-2012, 06:14 PM
I just reach philips support by phone and chat (again), They said that should work, if not we should go to a local Authorized Service Center for help

Regards

Philips - Remko
12-19-2012, 09:21 AM
Dear users,

Netflix is planned for this device but currently not working yet. There is no data available of when it will be activated. Going to service will not help.

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

Philips - QK
01-09-2013, 10:05 AM
Dear mipm,

Would you help to take a screenshot of the menu where the Netflix shown as deactivated to us so that we can check with the team?
Thanks.

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation team

juleon
01-13-2013, 12:22 PM
Dear users,

Netflix is planned for this device but currently not working yet. There is no data available of when it will be activated. Going to service will not help.

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

Here in Chile the model was sold with by falabella the promise Netflix was enabled i mean supported not *planed* to be supported. Considering that I have spent more than a month trying Netflix work and falabella won't give my money back, because the return period was expired. I neded a solution or a formal answer to return the unit.

Thanks