PDA

View Full Version : Philips 42PF9830/10 start problemen

davmar
12-11-2012, 08:32 AM
De laatste tijd hebben wij diverse problemen met onze tv.

Bij het aan zetten gaat het meestal al gelijk mis, hij gaat aan en uit, ook de afstand bediening werkt dan niet meer.
Enigste wat werkt is dan de stekker uit het stop contact halen.
We hebben alle rand apparatuur verwijdert en ook bij het analoog gaat het mis.

Dit duurt ongeveer 10 minuten daarna is de tv goed geeft prachtig beeld, en hebben dan ook geen enkele problemen met de tv.

iemand een ideeŽn, wij zijn ten einde raad.

bshum
01-08-2013, 05:26 AM
De laatste tijd hebben wij diverse problemen met onze tv.

Bij het aan zetten gaat het meestal al gelijk mis, hij gaat aan en uit, ook de afstand bediening werkt dan niet meer.
Enigste wat werkt is dan de stekker uit het stop contact halen.
We hebben alle rand apparatuur verwijdert en ook bij het analoog gaat het mis.

Dit duurt ongeveer 10 minuten daarna is de tv goed geeft prachtig beeld, en hebben dan ook geen enkele problemen met de tv.

iemand een ideeŽn, wij zijn ten einde raad.

(Sorry I don't know dutch and I only read your message by google translate)
I am from Hong Kong and having exactly the same issue as what you experienced on my somewhat same model (42PF9830). The TV refuses to power up and will auto shutdown by itself initially. After a attempts, typically it will be ON for a short period. (sometimes need to replug the power cord) It will stabilize if I use the analog portion of the TV (don't use HDMI source) for a while and eventually after 10 mins or so, I can watch TV normally. After a couple of months, the TV will start to become less stable and it will take more attempts to start it. i.e. Everyday, it takes me 15 to 20mins to power on the TV.

I have called Philips Hong Kong, spent around US$60 for inspection. The technician brings up the diagnostic screen and show me the fault code logged. It was related to the mainboard/HDMI board. The technician told me better to give up the repair as it would cost me over US$600 to repair and will charge me shipping cost US$100 each way to their repair center. And after all that spent, they can only provide 2 months guarantee on that same problem. That kind of money can definitely buy another 42" TV on the market today.

I must admit that the TV is an excellent unit during its service. Even it was not perfect today, I am still using it everyday. (for the past 3 months since the symptom appears). Since Philips no longer market TVs in Hong Kong, I had to sadly move on to other brands and ordered a Samsung 2 days ago. Awaiting delivery on Friday.

But I am still trying hard to save it from going to the landfill and thus searched into this thread. Unfortunately, I cannot find the mainboard (used or new) from ebay or even Taobao.com. So, sadly, this TV will only be with me for 3 more days and it will be gone. Very sad indeed.

BTW, if the repair cost is slightly more reasonable with 6 months guarantee or so, I would definitely trying to be environment friendly and fix it... instead of creating a 70 pound weight of garbage to the landfill.

In fact, I believe if I keep on running it as it, it may possibly last for another 6 months until completely dead.

The story is not the end, new TVs do not have enough analog inputs as my previous units. I still have to find solutions to connect my Wii, DVDs and my beloved Philips HDD Recorder. (which is even 2 more years older than the TV)