PDA

View Full Version : 42PFL6007T: Does not detect CAM module (SMIT Conax module, DVB5877)

finnzi
12-11-2012, 06:13 PM
Hi all,

Just bought a 42PFL6007T.

So far so good except for one problem ;-)

I had a set-top box for my paid-tv channels connected to a SCART interface on my old TV. I decided to change to a CAM module since the new TV has a DVB-T receiver and a CI slot.

However the TV does not seem to detect the module. I am wondering if people have had some problems with the CI interface and detection of CAM modules.

I have followed the guide here: http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/cpindex.pl?ctn=42PFL6007H/12&dct=FAQ&faqview=1&list=aa12_list_partial.html&mid=Link_FAQs&refnr=0093219&scy=SA&slg=AEN&view=aa12_view_partial.html

I even went to get a new CAM module from my TV provider but still no-go.

Is it possible that my TV simply does not support this CAM? (SMIT Conax, DVB 5877)

Thanks in advanced,
Finnzi

Philips - Benedickte
12-18-2012, 10:46 AM
Hi all,

Just bought a 42PFL6007T.

So far so good except for one problem ;-)

I had a set-top box for my paid-tv channels connected to a SCART interface on my old TV. I decided to change to a CAM module since the new TV has a DVB-T receiver and a CI slot.

However the TV does not seem to detect the module. I am wondering if people have had some problems with the CI interface and detection of CAM modules.

I have followed the guide here: http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/cpindex.pl?ctn=42PFL6007H/12&dct=FAQ&faqview=1&list=aa12_list_partial.html&mid=Link_FAQs&refnr=0093219&scy=SA&slg=AEN&view=aa12_view_partial.html

I even went to get a new CAM module from my TV provider but still no-go.

Is it possible that my TV simply does not support this CAM? (SMIT Conax, DVB 5877)

Thanks in advanced,
Finnzi

Hi Finnzi.

Welcome to the forum.

I can see that you have a done some troubleshooting yourself :) The reason why the CAM module doesn't work is because there is non providers in Iceland that support this on our TV's.

Best regards,
Benedickte