PDA

View Full Version : Screen protector on Philips 47" 3D LED Smart TV 47PFL6907T?

LassePh
12-11-2012, 09:25 PM
I recently purchased a new philips tv, but i noticed that the tv is getting alot of fingerprints, and sucking up alot of dust on the screen. In my quick start manual i se a picture of the tv having one of those protector layers posted on the screen itself, but for some reason i cant get it off.. Can someone confirm that there is a screen protector on the Philips 47" 3D LED Smart TV 47PFL6907T model?

Philips - Benedickte
12-14-2012, 12:41 PM
I recently purchased a new philips tv, but i noticed that the tv is getting alot of fingerprints, and sucking up alot of dust on the screen. In my quick start manual i se a picture of the tv having one of those protector layers posted on the screen itself, but for some reason i cant get it off.. Can someone confirm that there is a screen protector on the Philips 47" 3D LED Smart TV 47PFL6907T model?

Hi LassePh.

Please see the PM I've sent you.

Thank you.
Best regards,
Benedickte

mccrimmon
12-14-2012, 06:23 PM
Hi LassePh.

Please see the PM I've sent you.

Thank you.
Best regards,
Benedickte

I'll take a PM aswell please just incase I am missing a trick.

Cheers

Philips - Benedickte
12-18-2012, 09:38 AM
I'll take a PM aswell please just incase I am missing a trick.

Cheers

Hi Mccrimmon.

PM is now sent :)

Best regards,
Benedickte

Menno
01-03-2013, 07:34 PM
Dear,

I'm having the same problem as LassePh.
Yesterday we bought our new TV (42PFL6907H/12).
Today we were installing the TV.
We also saw in the quick start manual a picture of the tv having a protector layer.
So I looked at the TV and indeed saw a layer.
It was easy to take it off in the upper right corner of the screen, so we tried to take it off.
At the middle of the screen it is stucked and in the bottem it seems to be impossible to take it off.

We are affraid now.
Is it realy a screen protector that needs to be removed?
Now we have a TV with pieces of foil on it.
Could you help us please?

Thanks in advance,

Rockyroads
01-05-2013, 01:46 AM
Could you PM me too, regarding the screen protector please.
Thanks.

Philips - Benedickte
01-11-2013, 09:40 AM
Dear,

I'm having the same problem as LassePh.
Yesterday we bought our new TV (42PFL6907H/12).
Today we were installing the TV.
We also saw in the quick start manual a picture of the tv having a protector layer.
So I looked at the TV and indeed saw a layer.
It was easy to take it off in the upper right corner of the screen, so we tried to take it off.
At the middle of the screen it is stucked and in the bottem it seems to be impossible to take it off.

We are affraid now.
Is it realy a screen protector that needs to be removed?
Now we have a TV with pieces of foil on it.
Could you help us please?

Thanks in advance,

Hi Menno and Rockyroads.

Please see the PM i've sent you regarding this. Also attach a Photo in the PM.

Best regards,
Benedickte

Philips - Benedickte
01-11-2013, 03:40 PM
Hi all xxPFL6907 owners.

Some sets from different countries have been observed to contain the wrong version of Quick Start Guide (QSG). The QSG is giving instructions to remove a protective foil from the display. However, there is no protective foil applied to the display. Everyone who tries to peel off the first layer that is applied to the display will inflict damage to the display itself!
We're sorry for this inconvenience and would like to ask you to use the QSG on the homepage instead since this one is correct.

For all of you that have tried peeling this off (with either full or partial success), please Private Message me with your TV sets information and your contact details.

I would reccomend you all to see the correct Quick start guide here (http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/4/42pfl6907t_12/42pfl6907t_12_qsg_eng.pdf).

Best regards,
Benedickte

dvdl81
06-16-2013, 07:43 AM
Hello,

I have bought an new Philips 47PFL6198K/12 and the latest soundbar of Philips. I have mounted it on the wall. I saw an air bubble in the right and left upper corner. I thougt it was an protective layer. This is verry common nowadays. So i have triest to Peel of this layar. At first it came off smoothly, but after a while it got verry hard to Peel off.

Eventually i got off the most of the layar. Somehow i wasn't convinced it was an protective layer.....so i went onlin and found this forum. I hope you can help me!

Best Renards

Denny van de Louw

jpg97
06-18-2013, 01:18 PM
Hi,

We have recently bought a Philips 47PFL6008 and we also had a loose foil in the corner of the screen. We thought it was protective foil and peeled it off entirely.
We hope this can be resolved.

Thanks,

Jean-Pierre Geeraths

jpg97
06-18-2013, 01:21 PM
Hi,

how can I sent You a PM?
thanks

Jean-Pierre Geeraths