PDA

View Full Version : BDP7700 firmware 3.53 - still buggy

gitarzysta
12-12-2012, 06:24 AM
**** For more new issues see my other posts in the thread below!*****

Hello,

I bought my BDP7700/12 yesterday hoping that after upgrade to 3.53 firmware the instability issues that many complaint about will be gone.
So after initial setup I upgraded the software by WiFi, restarted, did a factory reset as advised. Now I had firmware 3.53.

I chose SmartTV/NetTV, played with different apps a little and then I wanted to watch Led Zeppelin's Celebration Day BR.

This is when the BR player froze, I got no output to TV (black screen with some blinking followed by a TV error message that the video input format was not recognized). I waited a few minutes, tried to switch the player off, eject the disc - no luck. I had to unplug it from a AC power socket.

I can recreate the situation easily on demand, each and every time by going to NetTV, then Home, then trying to watch a BR disc - this was NOT a single case issue.

What I tried:
1. reflash the firmware from USB followed by factory reset - no luck
2. Set HDMI out manually, not to AUTO
3. Wait a little longer (10 minutes or so) hoping the player would recover by itself

What I did not try:
1. another BR disc - not sure if it matters though.

Let me point out that after the hard restart of the player and NOT going into NetTV menu first the disc plays flawlessly!

I hope that Philips will be able to get themselves together and come up with a stable firmware finally. This is a capable player but these issues are not acceptable.

Regards,
Gitarzysta

P.S. My TV is a Philips set, too (42PFL8404/12)

Oscar
12-13-2012, 10:49 AM
Did you already try with a different disc? I will again give this a try at my friends player and let you know also

gitarzysta
12-14-2012, 08:19 AM
Hello,

I checked with another BR disc (Gary Moore, One Night in Dublin) and it was OK.
To be precise:
1. I entered NetTV
2. Played some content
3. Pressed Home
4. Inserted the Gary Moore BR disc
5. It played OK

6. Then I opened the disc tray, entered the Led Zep's Celebration Day BR disc again, closed the tray - instant freeze.
7. Unplugged, plugged again to AC and then the disc played OK

Thanks!

Gitarzysta

gitarzysta
12-19-2012, 12:56 PM
Another set of issues found:

1. If I pause a DVD it won't resume - I need to change to a next/previous track or fast forward or rewind for a second to recover
2. The same DVD paused all of a sudden while being played - again I needed to rewind/fast forward to recover
3. After I played a MP4 file from my DLNA server I ended up with only a background wallpaper displayed on my TV - tried to go back with no luck. To recover I needed to press Home and start over
4. Playing with NetTV and DLNA I wanted to go back to Home screen - the BR player seemed to hang BUT after 2 minutes or so it recovered itself
5. It also happened that I could not eject a disc, I needed to press standby on the remote and power on to recover

It is too many issues for a BR player! It is my first optical disc player ever with so many issues.
Any updates planned?

Regards,

Gitarzysta

gitarzysta
12-29-2012, 04:47 PM
6. While playing a BR disc the player stopped responding to any remote control or touch panel inputs and the panel displayed "Standby". The disc playback continued OK, though. I just could not stop it/change tracks/eject disc/go Home/etc etc - no user input was registered by the player

Oscar
12-31-2012, 09:52 AM
Hi gitarzysta,

Can you try to reload the firmware again as most (I did not try all) of the issues you mentioned were not seen by me yet...

Thanks

Pacman
01-09-2013, 11:54 AM
Did you try already as suggested by Oscar?