PDA

View Full Version : 42PF5521D 42"HD Ready Plasma TV has blown up

Old Gripe
12-12-2012, 12:13 PM
Switched the TV on yesterday and was greeted by a huge flash from the top of the set. I don't know if it's worthwhile trying to find a TV repair man to have a go a fixing it.
The set is 6yrs old and cost over a 1000 so I'm not holding out much hope of finding anyone to fix it, though it must be good for spares.
Anyone got any advice?

Happy Christmas to all my readers.

Philips - Rafe
12-12-2012, 12:18 PM
Hi Old Gripe,

Welcome to the forum :)

Sorry to see you've experienced a bit of a possible problem with your television!

I would say that the best thing to do in this instance is get us to take a look at it, as then we'd be able to properly fully diagnose what's going on :)

You can contact us by email, chat or telephone using the information in this link (http://www.support.philips.com/support/contact/contact_page.jsp?userLanguage=en&userCountry=gb).

Best,

Rafe

Switched the TV on yesterday and was greeted by a huge flash from the top of the set. I don't know if it's worthwhile trying to find a TV repair man to have a go a fixing it.
The set is 6yrs old and cost over a 1000 so I'm not holding out much hope of finding anyone to fix it, though it must be good for spares.
Anyone got any advice?

Happy Christmas to all my readers.

Old Gripe
12-12-2012, 03:16 PM
Hi Rafe, Thanks for the reply, though I must say that you make a bit of an understatement with; 'a bit of a possible problem'. The TV is dead.
I was hoping that someone could offer me a pointer as to why a TV set would send a flash, equivalent to lightning, by just pressing the switch to turn the TV on.
Unfortunately, I'm not in the position to pay money for a diagnosis that will tell me that it's uneconomical to repair the TV.
Cheers,
Old Gripe