PDA

View Full Version : Experience Thread - FW 150.82 - for 6/7/8/9000 Series - 2012

Philips - Benedickte
12-13-2012, 01:55 PM
Hi,

The new FW is now live.
For detailed technical feedback, please use this thread (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?9534-Technical-feedback-for-FW-150-81-for-Series-6-7-8-9-2012).

IMPORTANT: After upgrading your TV, it is necessary to perform a "cold start". This means that, after the TV is running again (after the update), shut down the TV, wait 1 minute (till all components are shut down), and unplug the TV from the mains (pull power cord) for 2 minutes before starting again.

Changelog:
[QF1EU-0.150.82.0 (Date published: 2012-12-19)
· Improvement about the Headweb app for the Nordics ONLY.

QF1EU-0.150.81.0 (Date published: 2012-12-13)
· Improvement about some USB sticks that are not recognized.
· Improvement on UI speed/HBBTV and TXT.
· Improvement on opening animation in setup menu.
· Improvement on clocklevel for different countries.
· Improvement for YouTube not playing smoothly.
· Improvement for easy link.
· Adaptation in ambilight for the Lounge Light mode.
· Solution for "New device found..." issue ,popup screen will not appear multiple times in the dialog box.
· Crash in web browser on “Bild.de”.
· Solution for Ambilight starts by itself in the morning.
· Improvement for quick start-up automatic mode not working well.
· Improvement for set totally blocked after receiving RC5 command (with “ZON” RC’s).
· Improvement for set stuck in standby.(HDMI devices)
· Improvement for set starts by itself randomly.
· Improvement for cracking noise/ Sound drops.( HDMI devices)

Best regards,
Benedickte

Toengel
12-13-2012, 07:32 PM
Hi,

Firmware is now online!

Toengel@Alex

sejmon
12-13-2012, 09:07 PM
A positive first impression ... more feedbacks tomorrow.

mrb1972
12-13-2012, 09:27 PM
Negative for me - Dynamic Backlight flicker is still present - Same settings and same scenes on 133.5 dont produce flicker

niki999
12-13-2012, 09:30 PM
First thing I noticed is that menus are now slower on my pdl6907 then it used to be.

Shaegen
12-13-2012, 09:55 PM
Negative for me - Dynamic Backlight flicker is still present - Same settings and same scenes on 133.5 dont produce flicker

Unfortunately I have to second that. More irritating than the HDNM-bug and makes the dynamic backlight completely unusable. Will post in the technical thread after a couple of days of additional testing.

majorusa
12-13-2012, 11:47 PM
The first findings:
- network player can change audio language now
- the i+ button now displays channel broadcast info after returning from HDMI
- faster boot section
- 2D image correct when selecting from 3D - before was SBS
- they worked on the picture settings but cannot say at this moment what is changed. I checked the HDNM and looks a bit better. My impression.
- new device discovery bug looks to be solved but further testing needed.

This is what I could find positive.
On the negative:
- Recording TVR HD plays back as a black screen
- Nasul TV station though active is not detected "channel not present" error message.

I will test more later in the morning. Now I have to go to sleep.

crocowood
12-14-2012, 05:59 AM
Positive
- faster Channel change
- faster menu browser
- Dolby Digital sound bug on HDMI sources solved

Negative
- dynamic back light flickers

crocowood
12-14-2012, 06:19 AM
Positive
- faster Channel change
- faster menu browser
- Dolby Digital sound bug on HDMI sources solved

Negative
- dynamic back light flickers
- not abble yet to recover network connection for TV Guide

Will test my previous Ambilight problem when PVR Will be enabled again.....

impossible to get TV Guide working properly whatever network connection (wire or wireless).
Any trick to fix that ?

mrb1972
12-14-2012, 09:32 AM
Negative for me - Dynamic Backlight flicker is still present - Same settings and same scenes on 133.5 don't produce flicker

I did think the image looked good on the latest firmware - but could be my imagination ;) - however I have to stick to 133.5 due to the backlight flicker -

LbL!
12-14-2012, 10:12 AM
Hi!

WHERE did you find that new software ??
I've checked philips.ro and philips.co.uk and philips.se, but they all only have the old .14 firmware = 000.150.048.014, 2012-11-16 .

And what does the T, K, and H stand for at the end of the series model number, like 47pfl6067T/12 or 47pfl6067K/12 ?

My guess is that T stands for Terrestrial, which one receives via antenna, but then the K should be a C, if that stands for Cable ... :-)

And my T model can receive via Antenna as well as Cable, so that can't be it.

Are the firmware the same for these Three Letters?

Toengel
12-14-2012, 10:27 AM
Hi,

just download - the ZIP contains the new version!

Toengel@Alex (Toengel@Alex)

crocowood
12-14-2012, 10:50 AM
TV guide problem finally solved.. linked to my network, nothing related to the firmware update ! ;)

Will now test the Ambilight auto start issue when recording !

LbL!
12-14-2012, 11:57 AM
Hi,

just download - the ZIP contains the new version!

Ok, Thanx!

But very stupid of Philips not to update the info about WHAT version it is one picks up!

Still misspelled Swedish: Say's "Avtängnings-timer" instead of "AvStängnings-timer" in 'Allmänna Inställningar' (Common Settings ?!). An 's' missing.

And every time the TV is turned on, it tells me i have connected a CAM, but I already know that, and don't need to be informed about it every time ...

And there we also have the next misspelling; it say's it has done a "Autentiering" of the CAM, but the correct spelling is "Autentisering", check it out here: http://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autentisering

/LbL!

(Seems the new Internet Explorer 10 for Win7 isn't really working here in this Editor, Advanced or not, one can't hit Enter to get a new line, for one... I had to change to Opera now.)

majorusa
12-14-2012, 12:24 PM
You're picky!

Toengel
12-14-2012, 12:32 PM
Hi,

@LbL!
Please use the template (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?9534-Technical-feedback-for-FW-150-81-for-6-7-8-9000-Series-2012) for reporting bugs...

Toengel@Alex

Majoney
12-14-2012, 12:43 PM
After update To 150.48.13 on 46pfl8007k/12, on a sat receiver in Spain (Canal plus) when TV switches to an HD channel with Dolby Digital sound makes a noise
Solved with FW 150.81
Thanks!

drunk munky
12-14-2012, 12:51 PM
After update To 150.48.13 on 46pfl8007k/12, on a sat receiver in Spain (Canal plus) when TV switches to an HD channel with Dolby Digital sound makes a noise
Solved with FW 150.81
Thanks!

I agree, thank you Philips, a lot better with some improvements most will be happy.

Manuj
12-14-2012, 04:52 PM
Would anyone else test the 5-pixel-right image shift while in game mode ?
This is explained in this thread (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?9523-6007-Issue-with-Game-Computer-mode&p=47406&viewfull=1#post47406) by Ajimi.

Could you also report your result in the above thread, or 150.81 firmware thread, including your TV model ?

Thanks

acidduck
12-14-2012, 05:57 PM
First thing I noticed is that menus are now slower on my pdl6907 then it used to be.

I second that :mad:

jkchris
12-14-2012, 06:29 PM
Hallo I'm form Poland .
I have a request to You .
Can anyone give me a link to soft for 55pfl6007k 150.48.13 .
I have new soft 150.81 instaled but i want back to 150.48.13 .
Please i You have give me a link to download 150.48.13 .
Best regards
JKCHRIS

leukocyt
12-14-2012, 08:04 PM
Menu seem slower. The Dolby Digital noise issue is still present. Backlight flicker still present. So far can't see any improvement over 150.48.

Shaegen
12-14-2012, 08:39 PM
This is explained in this thread (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?9523-6007-Issue-with-Game-Computer-mode&p=47406&viewfull=1#post47406) by Ajimi.

Still the case with 150.81 - another one for the technical thread.

AndTAR
12-15-2012, 12:57 AM
It is very good to see that care is being taken. Menu animations having been sped up is immediately noticeable, for instance - thanks for that.

I do still encounter some issues, though;

- The ~10 sec. freeze period at startup, after picture and sound starts being displayed, where there's no response to input at all, is still there. Seems sluggish compared to many other HDTV's, which respond practically immediately (Swithing on and immediately muting/adjusting volume, like when it's late at night, becomes impossible.)

- WiFi still does not seem to work, on my network where every other device, including a Philips 9000 tv from 2010, works fine.

(Note that I am a light user. I do not use the more advanced features, such as image processing or Smart TV, so I cannot speak for those parts.)

stefanox
12-15-2012, 03:18 PM
hi all

can somebody olso test the keyboard function in de youtube app.
on my side, the keyboard fucntion dont work in the youtube app

stef

Toengel
12-16-2012, 10:30 AM
Hi,

as far as I know, the YouTube Leanback does not have USB-HID support. It's due to that the Leanback should look and work the same way on all kind of devices...

Toengel@Alex

Shaegen
12-16-2012, 04:58 PM

I can confirm this is still the case with 150.81. Do anyone have any history on this behaviour, been there since the start?

james87
12-17-2012, 09:28 AM
still does not improve the default image for HDNM. this is a tv and do not improve the quality of contrast in dark scenes. besides suffering flicker

leukocyt
12-17-2012, 12:17 PM
Can anyone confirm that the Dolby Digital optical out noise issue is resolved? People are reporting that is it but I got the noise on 150.81 literally after 10 seconds after switching a channel which had a DD soundtrack.

I'm just wondering if my TV is perhaps faulty.

sejmon
12-17-2012, 02:31 PM
how long cable do you use?

leukocyt
12-17-2012, 02:37 PM
Both HDMI and optical have 1,5m. Not sure if that matters considering both are digital connections.

sejmon
12-17-2012, 03:09 PM
5m
1.5m
depending on:

i hear with 5m cable a slight noise when changing channel

DadGommit
12-17-2012, 03:17 PM
I found out with 150.81 I can switch on the TV with the '1'-key on the remote as well again, though it still resumes the channel it was set to before it was switched off. I would like to be able to switch on the TV with any number key and so that the TV starts displaying the channel wich number was pressed (no matter which channel the TV was on before when I switched it off). It's a luxury, I know, but it used to work that way on any remote controlled TV that I have operated in my life and I can't think of a good reason why this one should be different.

46PFL8007

leukocyt
12-17-2012, 03:36 PM
5m
1.5m
depending on:

i hear with 5m cable a slight noise when changing channel

I'll try a different cable, but if it was the cable's fault I would either have no sound at all or the noise would be constant. This is not the case.

sejmon
12-17-2012, 03:53 PM
I'm not saying that is cable fault by you, but it is also possible.;)

Simper
12-17-2012, 06:34 PM
Thank you Philips for first normal firmware. All bugs (for me) finally fixed!:rolleyes:

Less than a year after release...

pizzacats
12-17-2012, 08:44 PM
That's nice to see some progress on the new FW. (no noise when changing channels, multi audio mkv file supported...)

But that's a pity to see that nothing has been done on 3D mkv file. You cannot see the movie in 2D.
In 2D a 3D side by side mkv file will be played with 2 pictures side by side whereas with FW 133.xxx the movie was played with only one picture full screen.
Philips please do something, at least recognise this problem.
I already mention that bug on previous FW, and no one from philips did acknowledge it.
Please do.

pepescratch
12-17-2012, 11:07 PM
That's nice to see some progress on the new FW. (no noise when changing channels, multi audio mkv file supported...)

But that's a pity to see that nothing has been done on 3D mkv file. You cannot see the movie in 2D.
In 2D a 3D side by side mkv file will be played with 2 pictures side by side whereas with FW 133.xxx the movie was played with only one picture full screen.
Philips please do something, at least recognise this problem.
I already mention that bug on previous FW, and no one from philips did acknowledge it.
Please do.

Yes you can!!!!
Go to 3D ajustements when you are watching a film in 3D (less, more,...) and select off. I always I've always been able to see 3D movies in full screen 2D with all firmware.
Sorry for my english :(

hippie67
12-18-2012, 11:37 AM
hi all

can somebody olso test the keyboard function in de youtube app.
on my side, the keyboard fucntion dont work in the youtube app

stef

Hi,

as far as I know, the YouTube Leanback does not have USB-HID support. It's due to that the Leanback should look and work the same way on all kind of devices...

Toengel@Alex

Hi guys,

I do not know which TV models you have, but for the ones with the RF remote control with built-in QWERTY keyboard (just flip over), you can use that keyboard in the YTLB search without problems....

Peace!

Philips - Benedickte
12-18-2012, 02:30 PM
Both HDMI and optical have 1,5m. Not sure if that matters considering both are digital connections.

Hi Leukocyt.

I can see you have mentiones DD noise. Could you please explain the followign a bit more?
- What does you mean with Dolby Digital noise? Are that cracking/plops when switching chapters in a movie? when and what kind of noise is this?
- Can you pelase inform us about your setup? Do you mean Optical Out from TV to Home Theatre System (or similar) or are you talking about a peripheral device connected to your TV via HDMI acting like a source?

Thank you.
Best regards,
Benedickte

leukocyt
12-18-2012, 03:27 PM
Hi Leukocyt.

I can see you have mentiones DD noise. Could you please explain the followign a bit more?
- What does you mean with Dolby Digital noise? Are that cracking/plops when switching chapters in a movie? when and what kind of noise is this?
- Can you pelase inform us about your setup? Do you mean Optical Out from TV to Home Theatre System (or similar) or are you talking about a peripheral device connected to your TV via HDMI acting like a source?

Thank you.
Best regards,
Benedickte

Of course, no problem.

I have a STB connected to the TV with a HDMI cable and the TV is connected to an amplifier via an optical cable. If the STB outputs a DD soundtrack it plays ok for a short while, then it switches to a cracking noise.

I've tested the cables, the amplifier and the STB and all work fine.

Philips - Benedickte
12-18-2012, 03:59 PM
Of course, no problem.

I have a STB connected to the TV with a HDMI cable and the TV is connected to an amplifier via an optical cable. If the STB outputs a DD soundtrack it plays ok for a short while, then it switches to a cracking noise.

I've tested the cables, the amplifier and the STB and all work fine.

Thank you for this quick reply :)

Could you please do the following when you're experiences the cracking noise: press the Options button on the RC and select Status. Then feedback on the Audio settings you see.
Do you also hear that noise via the TV speakers (after you disconnects the optical out)?

Best regards,
Benedickte

leukocyt
12-18-2012, 06:25 PM

Could you please do the following when you're experiences the cracking noise: press the Options button on the RC and select Status. Then feedback on the Audio settings you see.
Do you also hear that noise via the TV speakers (after you disconnects the optical out)?

Best regards,
Benedickte

When the noise starts the status info says "digital stereo" and the noise also can be heard from the TV speakers (after removing the optical cable).

LbL!
12-18-2012, 07:50 PM
I found out with 150.81 I can switch on the TV with the '1'-key on the remote as well again, though it still resumes the channel it was set to before it was switched off.

46PFL8007

Switch ON does NOT work with ANY number key on my 47pfl6067T12.

I would also like to have that functionality that has been on any Tv I've ever had.

pizzacats
12-18-2012, 09:00 PM
Yes you can!!!!
Go to 3D ajustements when you are watching a film in 3D (less, more,...) and select off. I always I've always been able to see 3D movies in full screen 2D with all firmware.
Sorry for my english :(

That's it pepescratch.
Thank you.
That's a pity that philips did not even pay attention to advise.

christsys
12-19-2012, 09:39 AM
Crackling issue is still present.
I'm bored.

james87
12-19-2012, 09:44 AM
when going to improve image flickering in very dark scenes?. has little contrast and can not differentiate the images. and image artifacts with HDNM. I think this is much more important than the other updates. There is an official statement? greetings and thanks

ganimedes
12-19-2012, 09:58 AM
Hello, please correct me if I'm wrong. I have question about new FW. After TV is updated I should first switch it off with remote controler for 1 min and then switch it off from power for 2 min ?

_Stephan
12-19-2012, 10:22 AM
Will fill out the feedback template later. But at first appearance I don't experience quicker menu's on the 6007, SmartTV seems to be slown down a bit.

The HDMI (new device!) issue has been resolved at that's finally one improvement on my top-3 of annoyances with this television. I'm hoping that the HD Natural Motion bug will be next. Maybe my hope is futile... But one can't live without hope, can he?

Philips - Benedickte
12-19-2012, 10:51 AM
Crackling issue is still present.
I'm bored.

Hi Christsys and others experiencing this.

Could you please give me the same information i asked for in this post (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?9535-Experience-Thread-FW-150-81-for-6-7-8-9000-Series-2012&p=47881&viewfull=1#post47881)?

Thank you.

Best regards,
Benedickte

christsys
12-19-2012, 11:15 AM

Best regards,
Benedickte

I have only tv speakers.
I haven't optical device connected but only one HDMI device (Sat Receiver).
I hear this issue when switch from (Stereo digitale - SD 576p50) to (Dolby digital - HD 1080i50)

leukocyt
12-19-2012, 11:41 AM
I have only tv speakers.
I haven't optical device connected but only one HDMI device (Sat Receiver).
I hear this issue when switch from (Stereo digitale - SD 576p50) to (Dolby digital - HD 1080i50)

Yeah, it the noise appears when there is a switch from stereo to DD. When there's only DD there seems to be no problem. I have an xbox360 connected to the TV via an HDMI cable. The 360 outputs sound as DD at all times and I've never heard the noise while playing.

christsys
12-19-2012, 11:45 AM
Yeah, it the noise appears when there is a switch from stereo to DD. When there's only DD there seems to be no problem. I have an xbox360 connected to the TV via an HDMI cable. The 360 outputs sound as DD at all times and I've never heard the noise while playing.

Exact same issue with Sky sat receiver

Philips - Benedickte
12-19-2012, 03:32 PM
Hi all.

Updated the first post with change log:

QF1EU-0.150.82.0 (Date published: 2012-12-19)
·Improvement about the Headweb app for the Nordics ONLY.

Best regards,
Benedickte

LbL!
12-20-2012, 02:16 PM
QF1EU-0.150.82.0 (Date published: 2012-12-19)
·Improvement about the Headweb app for the Nordics ONLY.

Hi!

And WHY isn't the Version-number UPdated Automatically on the different countries Philips websites?

On Swedish Philips it still says .81, and the size of both the ZIP-file AND of the Autorun.upg is EXACTLY the same as they were for .81, but it really AM .82 that is inside that ZIP.

This really ain't no good at all, since HOW shall people be able to KNOW if and when a new version is up, unless Philips UPDATES the version-info at their web sites ?!

Toengel
12-20-2012, 02:23 PM
Hi,

just a quote from a different firmware thread:

Remarks
- Due to our global IT structure, there might be a delay in the uploading/synchronising of new SW releases (and their release notes). Please, have a little patience if you cannot immediately see the new files on our web pages and try 1 or 2 days later.

Toengel@Alex

javink
12-22-2012, 10:52 PM
Although this firmware seems more stable I still have an issue with smart tv. It does not always log on and when I try manually it can not find the server. I need to switch off tv completely to resolve it .
The random new devices and ambilight flukes seem to have gone.

aise
12-23-2012, 10:41 AM
when TV is off it'll turn itself on at night after every 2h. ambilight and screen is off but my 2 HDD's turn on... wth is it? where can i turn it off?

dj.m
12-23-2012, 07:32 PM
Exact same issue with Sky sat receiver

Hi,

i've the same crackling issue with my ADSL box (FreeBox V5) since few firmware (currently i have the 81).

The FreeBox is connected to a HDMI port of the TV and for testing i've connected the FreeBox RCA digital audio to my hi-fi amplifier.

When changing channels (TV or Radio) i can hear sometimes some cracks on the TV speaker but never on the amplifier speakers

The source status is stereo digital.

This issue was not present in previous old firmware

Pexxx
12-24-2012, 03:03 PM
Easylink: channel switching using the number keys works well, but by using channel up/down it doesnt work in combination with a Samsung SMT-C7140A stb.

SlimmeTV
12-24-2012, 04:52 PM
Firmware 150.082 introduced very annoying crackling HDMi sound problems. I re-checked, but they got definately introduced AFTER installing version 150.082. I downgraded to version 150.048.14 and have no HDMI crackling sound problems anymore. Please improve the firmware, we pay A LOT for your TV equipment :)

I use a Dune HD Smart D1 and a Mede8er 1000X3D as sources. Both are influenced by this firmware revision. Seems like HDMI handshaking goes all wrong. In worst cases the crackling does not stop until I unplug power.

No problems at all when connecting these players to a 32PFL9603D.

So it really seems to be the new firmware revision which makes thing bad for me.

_Stephan
12-29-2012, 09:30 AM
when TV is off it'll turn itself on at night after every 2h. ambilight and screen is off but my 2 HDD's turn on... wth is it? where can i turn it off?

Hi, I've had some issues with my TV switching on as well. Going through the manual and settings I had changed the 'quick start' in the menu-settings. I have my TV and manual in Dutch, but under chapter 3 in the TV manual (switching on TV chapter) you'll find something called quick start.

I thought it would create a faster boot-up for your TV, but what it does, it 'analyses' your behaviour and will turn on your TV automatically. Not sure on what basis, but it was freaking anoying! So quick start off, and you problems will be solved I guess!

_Stephan
12-29-2012, 09:39 AM
I am happy to see that the HDMI 'New device' issue has been resolved!
Hopefully the HDNM bug will get a fix at some point.

For now that makes way to look at some more detailed issue I experience, maybe nitty gritty, but it would improve user experience. My two issues with this (and all FW versions) are:
1. When I switch on the TV, it refers back to the source I was watching before the source during switch off. So if I watched BluRay, then watched TV, switch off. When I turn on I expect to go to the TV source, but I get the BluRay instead.
This behaviour is quite anoying as you will have to go through the 'device not found' message first, it takes time and patience...
2. TV Guide using the internet. The TV guide itself works fine using the internet (I have analogue cable for which the TV guide is not supported...). However when I hit the 'INFO' button I don't get information on the current program on screen. It says there is no info. I hope this info can be linked to the same source the TV guide gets it's information from.
3. This needs further testing, but as described in the 3D section of this forum, I have a 300miliseconds gap between sound and image when watching 3D BluRays on my LG device. Not sure if I'm unique?

aise
12-29-2012, 12:18 PM
Hi, I've had some issues with my TV switching on as well. Going through the manual and settings I had changed the 'quick start' in the menu-settings. I have my TV and manual in Dutch, but under chapter 3 in the TV manual (switching on TV chapter) you'll find something called quick start.

I thought it would create a faster boot-up for your TV, but what it does, it 'analyses' your behaviour and will turn on your TV automatically. Not sure on what basis, but it was freaking anoying! So quick start off, and you problems will be solved I guess!

it's off. it has always been off on my set. it is doing it more than once a night. 3-4+ times maybe, it's just stupid. Philips can you please answer what the hell is my tv doing at nights????

victorm
12-30-2012, 03:36 PM
40PFL8007T + ASUS router RT-N65U + external HDD + MiniDLNA 1.0.25
TV can't play mkv with message "File not available", but other containers such as avi is played normally.
Media players on my PC can play same mkv files via DLNA normally, but TV can't

atrias
12-30-2012, 08:51 PM
try this for the "file not available" issue
switch off the tv
stop the minidlna service
delete the files.db (/var/cache/minidlna/files.db on fedora, don't know about others)
start the minidlna service again (files.db will be recreated)
switch on the TV and try again

SoWErA
12-31-2012, 12:27 AM
TV can't play mkv with message "File not available", but other containers such as avi is played normally.

If you are sharing your files on a Windows 7 computer make sure you permit your tv access! under network and sharing center > change advanced sharing settings > choose media streaming options > make sure your tv is listed as allowed!

If that's not your problem but you are using Windows 7 then you might wanna try to install Universal media server which is a program that can among other hardcode your subs into whatever you wanna watch that you share! from a sub folder or from the folder of the movie/tv episode...

atrias
12-31-2012, 12:59 AM
minidlna that victorm mentions is for linux only

drunk munky
12-31-2012, 02:34 PM
minidlna that victorm mentions is for linux only

Serviio for Mac or windows, works well

yut
01-02-2013, 11:30 AM
As I see, Minidlna works bad with mkv for Philips TV. One can use mediatomb or/and xupnpd.

AndTAR
01-02-2013, 01:54 PM
Something really weird has started happening with this FW.

When I switch the TV on and start watching dvb-c channels, the Motion Interpolation system activates by itself.

The setting still says "off", however it's very obviously on; changing to on and then back off, solves it for about 10 min. Then, it will turn itself on again, still reading "off" in settings.

aise
01-03-2013, 08:39 AM

When I switch the TV on and start watching dvb-c channels, the Motion Interpolation system activates by itself.

The setting still says "off", however it's very obviously on; changing to on and then back off, solves it for about 10 min. Then, it will turn itself on again, still reading "off" in settings.

only way around this is to activate Clear LCD then it won't activate the motion system.

with the latest firmware i still experience the "not responding remote", god damn! getting tired of these damn glitches, also i have no answer of what is my tv doing at nights (switching on/off by itself several times a night).

stefanox
01-03-2013, 11:46 AM
Hi

I have the 46PFL9707, and olso have the problem with "Not responding" from the remote, after 10 sec, the remote work again.
Olso the message "Channel not installed" still there, solution for that is, to go to a channel that is indeed not installed, then switch back to a installed channel, then the message go away.

sejmon
01-03-2013, 04:24 PM
tv is 42pfl6097/k12

150.81 fw

PNM does not work on hdmi connected with pc with movie 1080p 3D SBS.
PC is set to output signal 1080p 24Hz.
I need to shutdown tv with remote control and then with a switch on the back side.Wait for a 10s,
switch on again and then work.

Syncmahv
01-04-2013, 10:03 AM
I have Philips 46PFL7007K/12 with this latest software and i got still the same problem.

The TV Picture isnt scaling correctly in game or computer mode. Actually the picture moves about 20 pixels to the right under the tv's edge, and on the left side there is 20 pixels of black emptiness. When game or computer mode is off the picture is in correct positions. But i cannot play battlefield 3 in off mode because delay is to big.
How can i correct this problem, i have had this with every firmware. Under "Format and Edges" Picture format is unscaled and Screen edges are untouchable. The picture shift option doesnt do something either.

AndTAR
01-04-2013, 06:25 PM
only way around this is to activate Clear LCD then it won't activate the motion system.
Tried this, but it didn't work. Keeps toggling.

In my opinion, the real issue with these firmware issues is the impact on resale value. It'll sure be difficult (in Denmark, anyway) to sell a used television with these kinds of behaviors, when it's time to replace it at some point in the future.

It's really a shame, because the screen panel seems great and the menus are pretty (and even acceptably fast now). But these bugs just keep appearing. I've also has the unresponsive remote issue now.

Is it just the increased amount of software functions, compared to the 2011 models, which has caused this surge of visible bugs?

acidduck
01-05-2013, 08:12 AM
Tried this, but it didn't work. Keeps toggling.

Reporting the same problem. Is this beeing looked on, Philips?

leukocyt
01-05-2013, 09:36 AM
I have to say that the amount of bugs and problems with the firmware is astonishing so long after the TV's release.

Not only there are problems with core functionality, but new bugs are being introduced with each software update.

I'll wait for one more update, but if the major problems won't be solved I will ask for my money back.

Let's be honest. In 2 or 3 months Philips will begin working on firmware for 2013 products and we'll be left with sets that are not fully functional.

SlimmeTV
01-05-2013, 10:58 AM
Agree with most of us here, the firmware of this series really is NOT GOOD. I had to downgrade to the former FW revision 150.048 (because version 150.082 causes very loud audio HDMI crackling sounds inbetween skipping audio files and movie chapters). As a customer you should expect products to be deliverd with near perfect firmware, and if that firmaware gets updated that the product retains its quality and only functionality is added or minor bugs are fixed. In this case the major bugs were already there, and they tend to get worse. Example: I now have to click 4 times each time I turn on the TV, before I even can watch something: First message: it wants the new firmware installed (which I cannot do, as descibed why, and which checking cannot be turned off) and then it finds all the "new" devices.....

Hope the new FW revision gets there very soon, and that it resolves:
- the audio cracking (should be possible because in 150.048 it works fine)
- the ability to not automatically search for new firmware
- Finding new device (but that already seems solved in 150.082)

I do not want to be a frustrated customer with only complaints, but I do want to make clear that at this moment in time I am at least unhappy. So please help us with firmware that works for all of us, or make your products 60% cheaper and go to the low-end marketplace.

aise
01-05-2013, 01:07 PM
Reporting the same problem. Is this beeing looked on, Philips?

i have all the other processing functions off. only Clear LCD on and this way it is not forcing the motion system on. stupid i know but at least there is a way around (i have 8007).

fab_06
01-05-2013, 09:30 PM
Hello,

I have a 46pfl9707S/12 (with last firmware) and i am really disappointing . I never see a software running on TV with so much bugs it is incredible at this price !

Sometimes the TV doesn't start, i need to unplug/plug the power cable and press many time the power button !! how a main functionality like POWER ON/OFF can be bugged ?? it is really complicated to program this feature from philips ...
same for power off functionality, the tv shutdown randomly...

Sometimes the remote is not working also ....
the video player embedded is really bad , support few codec and the OSD is really ugly.

And this TV is a really a DUAL CORE !!!!! the smart tv part ui and applications are really slow, how it is possible when the application are just HTML pages and javascript ( HTML CE spec)

Finally the most stupid in this story it is me to have believed that Philips was capable of building simple Tvs or "premium tv" (on packaging it is written "preisgekrönte qualität" but the Quality Assurance team can be fired , it can be really cost reduction improvement in view of the results)

Ciao

maxcarpone
01-06-2013, 12:49 AM
Hey!

I recently bought a 37PFL6007H/12 and I already own a 32PFL6606H/12 so I can compare things between both series.

I encounter some problems with that TV : mostly DivX problems.

The files work great with my 2011 model but not with the last model. Some Avi files have a cracking sound issue, it happens when there are multiple layers of sound. For example : characters speaking in loud environment : nightclub, etc.
And I discovered tonight a strange video stuttering/flicking : however, the sound was ok.
I have exactly the same problems using USB Stick or DLNA Server... So it looks like it's related to the DivX decoder :s I hope it can be solved by updating the firmware.

Those files work great with the 2011 model! It's so frustrating!!! It makes me want to find an older model!

I already tried to reflash with the same firmware but I got the same problem! I really hope you Philips guys can solve the problem.

Regards.

Max

gokmenmani
01-07-2013, 09:36 AM
Hello

I've bought a device from "55 PFL6007 /K Led tv" series.
I ve recognised that its FW has serious problems and its speed its quiet slow. Comparing to its similars, this is the least functional one.
Eventhough I use the latest version of FW, I can exactly say that it is 10 times slower than LG , samsung,sony,panasonic.
I do not think you will be able to solve the poblem by updating or repearing. So, I request that you should create a new FW.

thepauk
01-07-2013, 01:45 PM
I have a 42pfl6877h. Since my update from 133.4 to 150.81 I have problems with disappearing channels.
I use dvb-c and my cable company is rekam in the netherlands.
When i reinstall all the channels, they are okay for a few days, but then some disappear.
The main channels are 1 - 10. When they are gone i still can find them at 501-510.

I had to reinstall all the channels for 4 times now, so i hope there is a solution!

Toengel
01-07-2013, 01:48 PM
Hi,

install firmware 150.82 and make a complete TV factory reset... and deactivate "automatic channel detection".

maxcarpone
01-07-2013, 02:00 PM

I wanted to add something very similar. I turned off all the features like Clear Screen, Natural Motion, etc... But each time I switch the TV on, I'm pretty sure those features are "On" even if it's written "Off"!
It doesn't happen every 10 mn like the other customer but it happens every time I switch the TV "On" and as the other guy says, it's pretty obvious (I watched License to Kill the other day and I noticed the big difference between both settings) even if the TV says the opposite.

thepauk
01-07-2013, 02:05 PM
Hi,

install firmware 150.82 and make a complete TV factory reset... and deactivate "automatic channel detection".

Okay, I will do that. To be sure, what is the procedure to do a "complete" TV factory reset?

And is this a workaround, because i never had this problem before?

thepauk
01-07-2013, 02:16 PM
Okay i will do that! To be sure, what is the procedure for a "complete" TV factory reset?
And is this a workaround? Because i didn't have this problem with the last firmware!!

martytv
01-07-2013, 04:23 PM
Hello there and happy new year to everybody

I would like to report a few problems, already mentionned for the most part.

1) On some occasions the picture goes black all of a sudden, seems like the TV crashes, then reboots
This happened once or twice when I was not doing anything except watch the TV. This crash happened 4 times in about 10 days.

2) The backlight flicker is really annoying. What is annoying is that the backlight intensity change should happen right after the vertical blank (VBL), not while the screen is being rendered.

3) Is this me or natural motion is veeeeeery slightly less good with this firmware? This probably is my imagination though.

4) As mentionned in another forum section, MKVs do not seem to be playable when the video track is not the first track. A really minor problem.

5) It is impossible for me to get the MyRemote app working (iOS 6.x). Not sure this is linked to the firmware of the TV, but it might be (eg. DLNA server of TV). SimplyShare doesn't work and I can't watch TV on the iPhone.

On a side note I am desperately trying to see if somebody sees a very, very slight vertical band (a darker band) in the middle of the screen. Can be seen on a medium-dark background (still picture reveals it). Not on bright white, but can be seen on gray.

I have a 42pfl6xx7 btw.

gokmenmani
01-07-2013, 09:22 PM
Eventhough I use the latest version of FW, I can exactly say that it is 10 times slower than LG , samsung,sony,panasonic.
I do not think you will be able to solve the poblem by updating or repearing. So, I request that you should create a new FW.

does not cause.
so hard.
Is it impossible?

metedoruk
01-08-2013, 12:51 AM
very bad fw . very slow fw.

gokmenmani
01-08-2013, 10:07 AM
The effect & images you use are good quality. This high quality and the effects make the software slower.
Please make a light version.

I have a 55pfl6xx7 btw.

marcveen
01-08-2013, 10:09 AM
Sometimes when I select Smart TV it freezes on the opening page. Exit button doesn't respond. When I push the TV button screen turns black with only the small TV preview screen playing. The only way to exit is to restart the TV.
This problem started after update to fw 150.082.

gokmenmani
01-08-2013, 10:17 AM
Sometimes when I select Smart TV it freezes on the opening page. Exit button doesn't respond. When I push the TV button screen turns black with only the small TV preview screen playing. The only way to exit is to restart the TV.
This problem started after update to fw 150.082.

The only problem with this?
Do not you use another tv?
fw too slow.
Smart TV is very slow.

christsys
01-08-2013, 12:39 PM
The effect & images you use are good quality. This high quality and the effects make the software slower.
Please make a light version.

I have a 55pfl6xx7 btw.

I have seen the same thing and high quality of settings in HDNM cause slow playing picture.
I have a 42PFL6907H

gokmenmani
01-08-2013, 07:37 PM
I have seen the same thing and high quality of settings in HDNM cause slow playing picture.
I have a 42PFL6907H

I'm talking about the speed of the menu and smart tv menu.

pepescratch
01-09-2013, 12:06 AM
I have a 42" 6057 and with the 150.82 the speed of the menus is much better (menu hasnt transition effect or solution and now is very fast). Wonder that after upgrading some people have problems and others do not.

The biggest problem of all is natural motion. :mad:

peter_1975
01-09-2013, 07:45 AM
when going to improve image flickering in very dark scenes?. has little contrast and can not differentiate the images. and image artifacts with HDNM. I think this is much more important than the other updates. There is an official statement? greetings and thanks

:( Dear Philips!

As james87 just mentioned above i still have the SAME problem with image flickering. (FW: 150.82) But not only in very dark scenes, it keeps wrong also in bright/white scenes meanwhile all of image corrector set to OFF (like dynamic backlight, clear lcd, hd matural motion, dynamic contrast, etc...)

Toengel
01-09-2013, 07:56 AM
Hi,

in the German forum, some users reported that the Philips service said, that they are working on it...

Toengel@Alex

gokmenmani
01-09-2013, 08:27 AM
software is very slow.
The software speed ranking;
LG> Samsung> Sony> panasonic> TV Etc.> New FW PHILIPS> PHILIPS FW OLD

el911wood
01-09-2013, 08:35 AM
hello,
with the .82 firmware there is a problem with the ambilight controlling.
the 2d mode shows a complete different (imho a failed) behavior as the 3d mode.

i'm using a 55pfl8007 and i think philips has a big big problem with software quality processes.

regards

Quicksilver86
01-09-2013, 11:28 AM
Hey guys,
I´m from Germany. So please be sorry of my not so good writen english.
I have sign up in your Forum to show you the Ambilight misstake.

I have made a little Video and uploadet it on youtube.
In the first 13 secounds of it you can see the TV (42PFL6097 FW.150.82) in 2D Mode. The last 13 secounds are on the same Movieposition in 3D Mode. Here you can see a big difference of the Ambilight dimming and colorsynchronicity between 2D and 3D.

I have also made some Pictures which I have uploadet in the german Forum.

You can see the Movie and the Pictures in the first post on Page 104!

http://www.supportforum.philips.com/de/showthread.php?3909-Erfahrungsthread-FW-150-81-82-für-die-Serien-6-7-8-9-2012/page104

I hope you can see and understand the failure.

peter_1975
01-09-2013, 02:19 PM
Hi,

in the German forum, some users reported that the Philips service said, that they are working on it...

Toengel@Alex

I'm very disappointed with my latest and i think the LAST philips tv. Waiting for it!
Thanks in advance!

leukocyt
01-09-2013, 06:45 PM
I've noticed backlight flickering as well. With all image enhancers disabled.

This is great. The latest firmware not only didn't fix any major problems, but it introduced new ones. I think I'll downgrade to a much earlier version.

peter_1975
01-10-2013, 07:40 AM
I do not think so downgrading to a much earlier FW will solve our one of the main problem, but let it be :confused:

Yesterday evening i tried all off settings again, booth of 2D & 3D, while image/scene flickering still alive. I tried to convert 2D onto 3D, meanwhile 3D depth set to zero, but nothing.

BTW anybody from the philips developer read this forum? Cause i can make and send a test HD video what i'm talking about...

Manuj
01-10-2013, 08:08 AM
I do not think so downgrading to a much earlier FW will solve our one of the main problem, but let it be :confused:

Yesterday evening i tried all off settings again, booth of 2D & 3D, while image/scene flickering still alive. I tried to convert 2D onto 3D, meanwhile 3D depth set to zero, but nothing.

BTW anybody from the philips developer read this forum? Cause i can make and send a test HD video what i'm talking about...

You should post that test video for Philips and also us to test.
And you can be sure that Benedickte is reading and relaying all that she can to developers. The more information, the better.

Another topic (minor), concerning the image shift when in Game mode.
Could anyone owning a 8007 make the test ? (maybe a 9xxx as well).
Meaning setting on/off the gaming mode, and noting if the image shift happens or not.
Any image will do if you are very close to the panel and taking attention. However Ajimi posted here an image (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?9523-6007-Issue-with-Game-Computer-mode&p=47650&viewfull=1#post47650) to make it easier to notice.

peter_1975
01-10-2013, 02:13 PM
You should post that test video for Philips and also us to test.
And you can be sure that Benedickte is reading and relaying all that she can to developers. The more information, the better.

I'll take it ASAP, and thanks all my friends :)

horst263
01-10-2013, 10:32 PM
Hello,

Is there any improvement in input lag when connected to a PS3 or Xbox360 with the new firmware. Or is it still above 50 ms, even in game modus?

james87
01-11-2013, 12:24 PM
I'm starting to tire problems with this TV. (Image flicker, judder in 3d, delay mode with the ps3 game in fast motion appear blur and many others) do not understand how they can take so long to fix. as happens already have our money go to serve the user?

peter_1975
01-11-2013, 02:05 PM
I'm starting to tire problems with this TV. (Image flicker, judder in 3d, delay mode with the ps3 game in fast motion appear blur and many others) do not understand how they can take so long to fix. as happens already have our money go to serve the user?

I'm starting to sell the tv, and forgetting philips...forever as well :mad:

eu8cc
01-12-2013, 11:17 AM
TV 47PFL6007K/12 ZH1N1238009994. On the version 000,150,082,000 appeared clickssound when playback starts from the HDMI video (Dune HD 101). During video playback, no clicks. On the version 000150081000 problem was not.

danteion
01-12-2013, 12:25 PM
hi to everyone im very interested in philips 8007 but from what can i read it has some motion problems
this problems are still on with the last fw? i see people over here are realy upset with philips
please the moderator of this forum can tell me if thus motiom issues will be solved or not cause paying 2000€
is to much for some motion issues that will never been solve
Do you recomand philips for the ambilight? because after i try it my tv sucks jajaja(samsung c7000)
one more thing this motion problems set on low are anoying as well or just on max ?
thanks and wait a repley from you guys sorry for my bad english

peter_1975
01-12-2013, 05:15 PM
Hey Guys, just check the german philips forum, omg what a disscuss going over there ;) This is a soft speak here...

If philips could help us and finally solve the tv's major bugs, i could imagine to talk about the following:
-the ambilight is awesome (booth of version 2 or 3side);
-picture quality in my opinion better than samsung;

Htep
01-12-2013, 06:11 PM
Please Benedickte, let us know if you are taking in consideration all our expectations (which are normal expectations as write on our TV specifications).

Can you feel the growing dissatisfaction of users (who plan to sell their TV)

Htep
01-12-2013, 06:34 PM
Please Benedickte, let us know if you are taking in consideration all our expectations (which are normal expectations as write on our TV specifications).

Can you feel the growing dissatisfaction of users (who plan to sell their TV)

gokmenmani
01-12-2013, 07:57 PM
150.82 Philips 6000 series TV is very slow.
T want to break when using the TV.
Smart TV is human cancer.
lg, samsung, sony have done. Why can not philips.
This is the infamous software (fw) who is responsible.
Which company wrote.
Tp can not vision. They do quality work outside.

aise
01-13-2013, 04:17 PM
can anyone tell if 2011 year models UI is faster than 2012 or not? seems if you add cores to CPU you'll lose processing power:p

Jma
01-14-2013, 07:18 AM
can i get help here?

my Philips 23" does not want to change from HD to AV nor TV.....

Help Pleasssssssse!

Philips - Benedickte
01-14-2013, 09:42 AM
Hi all.

For the ones with pixel shift in PC/Game mode, please follow these steps:

1. Set TV in PC mode.
2. Go into menu > "Settings" > "Picture settings". Now find "Picture shift" and Press "OK"
3. Now you should see 4 arrows (left, right, up and down), move the screen so it fits ( so against left).

If it's still missing pixels on left hand side while right hand side is good please use "Screen edge".

Please report back the result.

Best regards,
Benedickte

mrb1972
01-14-2013, 03:17 PM
Does anymore get the occasional judder/stutter watching channels that have news tickers/peoples faces etc - sky/bbc news? This only happens when HDNM is off and Clear LCD on, if I set HDNM to min its super smooth.

I have tried it with freeview and my Sky HD box and its the same , the picture output via these is 1080i/50

I have tried some blu rays and they seem ok although I havent got anything with a news ticker on it..

** update after more testing **
HDNM = off, Clear Lcd off, Judder/Stutter
HDNM = off, Clear Lcd On, Judder/Stutter
Game Mode = Fine, No Stutter

Thanks

chrisham
01-14-2013, 03:43 PM
Does anymore get the occasional judder/stutter watching channels that have news tickers/peoples faces etc - sky/bbc news? This only happens when HDNM is off and Clear LCD on, if I set HDNM to min its super smooth.
[...]

Yes, that's exactly what HDNM was invented to solve. Without HDNM, if the framerate of the source material does not exactly match the framerate of the display, you get uneven motion when the TV 'catches up' to the material.
HDNM tries to estimate intermediate pictures, to smooth over the skips. What you are seeing is HDNM actually doing what it is supposed to do.

At the same time, you will most likely also see the downside of HDNM: since the intermediate pictures are only estimated, certain types of source material can trigger artifacts in display (e.g. 'halos' and 'blockiness' around edges) - after all, a machine is trying to guess what the intermediate picture might have looked like. This sometimes fails, and the failure creates the artifacts.

If you look around this forum, you will find a lot of threads and posts by people who react particularly sensitive to these artifacts and complain. You will also find people who complain about judder. The sad part is that you cannot avoid both.

The SW tries to strike a compromise between the two problems. That's why you can select between different levels of HDNM - this is so that hopefully, almost everybody can find a level that agrees with them. A lot of posts and threads on this forum are testament to the fact that you can not please all people at all times ...

mrb1972
01-14-2013, 04:22 PM
Yes, that's exactly what HDNM was invented to solve. Without HDNM, if the framerate of the source material does not exactly match the framerate of the display, you get uneven motion when the TV 'catches up' to the material.
HDNM tries to estimate intermediate pictures, to smooth over the skips. What you are seeing is HDNM actually doing what it is supposed to do.

At the same time, you will most likely also see the downside of HDNM: since the intermediate pictures are only estimated, certain types of source material can trigger artifacts in display (e.g. 'halos' and 'blockiness' around edges) - after all, a machine is trying to guess what the intermediate picture might have looked like. This sometimes fails, and the failure creates the artifacts.

If you look around this forum, you will find a lot of threads and posts by people who react particularly sensitive to these artifacts and complain. You will also find people who complain about judder. The sad part is that you cannot avoid both.

The SW tries to strike a compromise between the two problems. That's why you can select between different levels of HDNM - this is so that hopefully, almost everybody can find a level that agrees with them. A lot of posts and threads on this forum are testament to the fact that you can not please all people at all times ...

Thanks for the reply, I am aware what HDMN is doing but I don't think that's the problem so I going to take HDMN out the equation.

Im using the news ticker as an example but it happens on other channels too - its just easy to see on a news ticker - it's smooth 90% of the time but every few mins it will judder for a few seconds then return to normal.

This happens with HDNM = off, Clear LCD on or off, but not in game mode which does not make sense unless game mode is turning off some extra processing!

Also if I switch my sky box to 720p it seems ok which is why I am wondering if its the way the TV handles 1080i 50 ? Very Odd

Skalman
01-14-2013, 05:29 PM
Hi all.

1. Set TV in PC mode.
2. Go into menu > "Settings" > "Picture settings". Now find "Picture shift" and Press "OK"
3. Now you should see 4 arrows (left, right, up and down), move the screen so it fits ( so against left).

If it's still missing pixels on left hand side while right hand side is good please use "Screen edge".

Best regards,
Benedickte

No difference, the 5 pixel shift is still there.

/Skalman

L1Zeeman
01-14-2013, 06:38 PM

I have tried it with freeview and my Sky HD box and its the same , the picture output via these is 1080i/50

I have tried some blu rays and they seem ok although I havent got anything with a news ticker on it..

** update after more testing **
HDNM = off, Clear Lcd off, Judder/Stutter
HDNM = off, Clear Lcd On, Judder/Stutter
Game Mode = Fine, No Stutter

Thanks

I can confirm this problem on my 32PFL6007.
The picture judders and stutters on and off.
At times tickertapes are unreadable due to "double" picture, as if you're watching 3D without glasses

L1Zeeman
01-14-2013, 06:46 PM

I believe this is a different kind of judder, it seems the picture processing gets into some kind of oscillation mode and a "double picture" is displayed.
HDNM can only partly conceal it, you can still notice a transient behaviour when the juddering starts/stops.
Also movements are displayed in a very unnatural way, with multiple images as if a stroboscope is used.

Syncmahv
01-14-2013, 06:52 PM
Hi all.

1. Set TV in PC mode.

Best regards,
Benedickte

I do not know how many posts i have posted that "Picture Shift" setting doesnt help on this issue !!!!

Looks to me like we are all talking to a wall !

kagerok
01-14-2013, 07:40 PM
hi everyone

I recently buy the 42PFL6007H . I really like the TV, but i got a major problem, really annoying since i can't use 3D at all.

3D is completely buggy with the computer and game mode ( not the normal mode but i don't want it because it's not good for input lag ) .Tested with PS3, xbox 360 and PC. picture look out of sync when there's some move and i can't watch the screen more than 30sec before it hurt my eyes. Looks like the HDNM and CLEAR LCD is still enable even if the computer and game mode is activate.
well... i also get the 5 pixel shift bug too and the solution from Benedickte only work on normal mode ( not game or computer ).

VladN
01-14-2013, 08:59 PM
I have got a Philips 42PFL6007K. The firmware version was 0.108.8.0 and I updated it to 0.155.82.0. By doing this, I did not notice any change in the menus charging speed, but at least the TV set stopped blocking its performance. However, all the menus appear on a terrible black background (while before it was transparent). Moreover, when the volume is being increased, it reacts with a big delay, and if the change is by one or two steps of the volume pointer, this change does not have time appear on the screen at all. Furthermore, the volume pointed is positioned on a terrible black band which hides almost one third of the screen. The same black band appears with the channel logo when a programme is being chosen. However, the worst fact is that the picture quality deteriorated drastically. The resolution is poor (no details can be seen), the images are blurred, the picture is too dark, no matter I tried various settings.

Of what I have read in the forums, I came to the conclusion that the company Phillips managers are not really interested in the customers’ complaints and they would hardly change anything… Therefore, the only thing I as a customer could do is to regret for ever making the mistake to buy a product with Phillips trade-mark.

mrb1972
01-14-2013, 09:09 PM
I believe this is a different kind of judder, it seems the picture processing gets into some kind of oscillation mode and a "double picture" is displayed.
HDNM can only partly conceal it, you can still notice a transient behaviour when the juddering starts/stops.
Also movements are displayed in a very unnatural way, with multiple images as if a stroboscope is used.

Yep that sounds like mine, are you also watching in 1080i or are you seeing it on all source?

gokmenmani
01-16-2013, 10:27 AM
Wnen I use the software for 5 minutes, the program gets locked and is hold. By resetting, it turns to work out. It continuously happens.

PHILIPS TPVISION 150.82 fw

slow fw. bad fw.

problem 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AMTa1Hx5mY

problem 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nq5imGNVnYw

Posted iphone media after the channel crossing crash. freezing.
There's more

stefanox
01-17-2013, 10:28 AM
Hi,

its a well know problem, i have a 9707/12 and mine tv have that problem too.
take a 7 a 8 sec, then the connection is back

problem 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AMTa1Hx5mY

problem 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nq5imGNVnYw

Posted iphone media after the channel crossing crash. freezing.
There's more

Jeff_r
01-17-2013, 10:55 AM
Hi,

its a well know problem, i have a 9707/12 and mine tv have that problem too.
take a 7 a 8 sec, then the connection is back

Hi, i have the same problem with my 8007K/12

gokmenmani
01-18-2013, 11:55 AM
panel is beautiful.
The menu is very very slow.
The menu is very very bad.
The menu is very wrong.
Smart TV is very slow. Bad.
In short: Philips is good. Tpvision company is bad.

Toengel
01-18-2013, 01:12 PM
Hi,

your kind of posts = spam...

Toengel@alex

chrisham
01-18-2013, 01:48 PM
Hi,

your kind of posts = spam...

Toengel@alex

Yes, and additionally, probably a secondary account (metedoruk == gokmenmani?)

Htep
01-18-2013, 03:23 PM
@Toengel

You say on your blog that a new firmware is ready to be released... How do you know that?
If you are in contact with the TP R&D, maybe you can be our sponsor for all the issues we share here.

Toengel
01-18-2013, 03:25 PM
Hi,

someone in the German forum said, that 150.83 contains only a fix for east european users... seems like 150.82, which fixed a nordic issue...

Toengel@Alex

ni_hao
01-18-2013, 06:28 PM
46pfl7007k/12 with 150.82. HDMI cracking sound as written already by other users. Can not select subtitle languages when watching DVD through network (not selectable); tested with .mkv files and .vob files.

Wally©
01-18-2013, 10:26 PM
I can only confirm what has been said...over and over again...

It's a gr8 TV but the software sucks !!! BIG TIME !!!

Time for the programmers to get their act together and fix all of the bugs...

Forget about beauty...work on reliability and stability...

Komaan jongens !!! Jullie kunnen beter !!!

FYI...46pfl/8007 and I have no problem with HDMI sound from my set-top decoder (Telenet-Digibox) Might be a cable thing...

Htep
01-19-2013, 12:16 PM
I send a mail to the philips customer care in France to ask the refurb of my TV, too much bug, too much time to correct firmware, firwmare sometimes worst after upgrade.

If I have no positive answer, I will sell my TV and will no longer recommand to buy a philips (to my collegue, my family, ma friends).

01-19-2013, 12:22 PM
And the same from me..."gr8 TV but the software sucks"

I have tested to go back to older firmware and of course many things got worse. But surprisingly the smart TV part did work really well. Quick, stabil and remembering last selection when going in or out of it. Much better than with new firmware. Even more surprisingly was to see that the new firmware behaved differently when going back. It seems that every time i re-installed new firmware parts of the system got better or worse. Philips really did a terrible job with this... shame on you!

My point being that if you got a problem with this crappy new firmware, try to go back and forth between old and new and maybe it gets solved... or not...

Using local update by USB seems more reliably than wi-fi.

My list of shitty thing in latest firmware:

* SLOW
* To many different menu types spread on to many buttons (less is more, Philips) For example, how smart is it to have tree different way of getting to "picture style" by tree different menus in tree different designs and find them line up in different order but NOT having a quick button on the remote. And that it takes a million steps to get to "settings". The whole menu system is a disaster!
* Crashes when you do more than one thing at a time. (pushing to many buttons :-)...)
* Freezes on smart tv
* No consistent in how to use "exit" or "backstep". Sometimes exit is required, sometimes backstep and sometimes press the same button twice. No way of knowing what to do. In some menus using back-button to step back will wrongfully close the menu and forcing you to start all over...
* some menus that suppose to be animated both opening and close only animated when open. (Better if Philips skipped animation completely)
* Big ugly blackout that covers 1/3 of the screen when adjusting volume or changing channel. Which by the way takes 3 sec. A despicable abomination! Shame on you Philips. This really looking ridiculous on 55 inch.

List can go on for miles but hopefully there will be an update that put an end to complainers like me.
It is after all a damn good TV :-)

Sorry for bad english

james87
01-20-2013, 11:03 PM
PROBLEM!! when the tv game 6007h to call of duty black ops 2 with the ps3 in 3d image Multiplayer runs as if the HDNM on. and therefore we have a big input lag

kagerok
01-21-2013, 07:39 AM
Hi James87 !

I got the same problem, i post several time on the forum to show the problem but it seems philips support don't want to show it !!!
It's a serious issue, impossible to play ps3 or xbox 360 in 3d, because of that. It give so bad 3D, impossible to stay more than 30 sec before you get sick.
I try game mode, computer mode, it's the same problem. It will only work on normal mode after you desactivate hdnm and clear ldc and then put the movie picture style. But you will get the highest input lag, so unplayable :(.

leukocyt
01-22-2013, 07:18 AM
Just want to add another problem.
The TV resets all setting to factory defaults under certain conditions.
Happened two times already, seemingly for no apparent reason.

pkv
01-22-2013, 07:38 AM
Hi

I have an 47PFL6907T. Two issues with Wifi
- When TV drops wifi connection while watching TV it will block the screen with a message.
- TV forgets my WIFI network setup/password

Best regards

Philips - Benedickte
01-22-2013, 10:23 AM
Hi James87 and Kagerok.

Could ou please provide me wit hthe following information regarding what you are experiencing:

1. Dual gaming or 3D?
2. If 3D gaming – is it actual 3D ?
- or force 2D -> 3D conversion?
3. If 2D – is there any time lag?
4. Model number of your set?
5. Connection and external devices used when you are experiencing this?
6. Title of Games you are using?
7. What is the input time lag experience? (how long/short)
8. Specific steps on how to reproduce the problem if available.

Best regards,
Benedickte

kagerok
01-22-2013, 06:30 PM
Hi James87 and Kagerok.

Could ou please provide me wit hthe following information regarding what you are experiencing:

1. Dual gaming or 3D?
2. If 3D gaming – is it actual 3D ?
- or force 2D -> 3D conversion?
3. If 2D – is there any time lag?
4. Model number of your set?
5. Connection and external devices used when you are experiencing this?
6. Title of Games you are using?
7. What is the input time lag experience? (how long/short)
8. Specific steps on how to reproduce the problem if available.

Best regards,
Benedickte

Hi Benedickte

OK ! I spend a lot of time trying to get rig of the bug, and every information i got is there :

1 - I only tested normal 3D, no dual gaming.

2 - When i start a game, the TV is automatically switch to 3D ( which is normal ) No forcing 2D=>3D. I even change the way 3D turn on, and manually do it, side by side, overlay etc... bug is still there :(

3 - In 2D mode, when i set computer or game mode, lag is correct and game is playable ( could be slightly better but you know :rolleyes: )

4 - My model number is 42PFL6007H

5 - I use mutiple HDMI cable 1.4 high speed quality ( very expensive one ), not the same cable for each support but definitly good one. Bug is active with XBOX 360, PS3, PC, Blu-Ray.

6 - Every games is doing the same bug, and every support i tested so far like : XBOX 360; PS3, Blu-RAY ; PC with Nvidia 3D TVplay and also TRIDEF 3D. So even a 3D movie on blu-ray or movie on the PC give the same bug. I can't tell you all my game i tested so far, it's going to be a very long list.

7 - Input lag in 3D is bad but not worse than normal mode. Maybe around 80 ms.

8 - About the bug, 3D depth is good, but movement is horrible and seems like out of sync.. giving quick headache. I can get rig of the bug, and reproduce it by doing this :
- Start 3D ( manualy or automatically ) bug is ON .
- turning off Game or PC mode then the TV goes black for a few second ( the time to switch off those setting ) bug still there.
- now in normal mode with very high input lag, i turn off HDNM, CLEAR LCD, ( bug still there ) then i choose movie picture style, bug disapear.
- 3D is good now, movement are good but there still is some strange little stutter, and of course input lag is verryyy bad. game are unplayable, sound from movie is not sync.
- now if i turn on HDNM, here we go again ! The messy 3D is back.

now extra information

9 - If i launch MKV 3D movie on USB port directly from the TV, it's perfect. No out of sync, no sound shift, everything is perfect.

10 - I managed to use 3D on the PC with the line interlaced method ( bypassing normal 3D with a modified EDID )
3D is working perfectly, because there is no need to switch 3D on the TV it's like it still working in 2D, just put the glass and go :cool:. The only probleme is there's some small ghosting effect, and i suspect the 5pix shift bug to be the reason. And because there is no need to activate 3D on the TV, i can't access to the 3D depth setting.

So that's it, i really think that the HDNM is causing all this trouble. that's pretty obvious, but maybe it's something else... dunno.
Sorry for my bad english i hope you understand me.

best regards,

james87
01-22-2013, 07:48 PM
Hi Benedickte

OK ! I spend a lot of time trying to get rig of the bug, and every information i got is there :

1 - I only tested normal 3D, no dual gaming.

2 - When i start a game, the TV is automatically switch to 3D ( which is normal ) No forcing 2D=>3D. I even change the way 3D turn on, and manually do it, side by side, overlay etc... bug is still there :(

3 - In 2D mode, when i set computer or game mode, lag is correct and game is playable ( could be slightly better but you know :rolleyes: )

4 - My model number is 42PFL6007H

5 - I use mutiple HDMI cable 1.4 high speed quality ( very expensive one ), not the same cable for each support but definitly good one. Bug is active with XBOX 360, PS3, PC, Blu-Ray.

6 - Every games is doing the same bug, and every support i tested so far like : XBOX 360; PS3, Blu-RAY ; PC with Nvidia 3D TVplay and also TRIDEF 3D. So even a 3D movie on blu-ray or movie on the PC give the same bug. I can't tell you all my game i tested so far, it's going to be a very long list.

7 - Input lag in 3D is bad but not worse than normal mode. Maybe around 80 ms.

8 - About the bug, 3D depth is good, but movement is horrible and seems like out of sync.. giving quick headache. I can get rig of the bug, and reproduce it by doing this :
- Start 3D ( manualy or automatically ) bug is ON .
- turning off Game or PC mode then the TV goes black for a few second ( the time to switch off those setting ) bug still there.
- now in normal mode with very high input lag, i turn off HDNM, CLEAR LCD, ( bug still there ) then i choose movie picture style, bug disapear.
- 3D is good now, movement are good but there still is some strange little stutter, and of course input lag is verryyy bad. game are unplayable, sound from movie is not sync.
- now if i turn on HDNM, here we go again ! The messy 3D is back.

now extra information

9 - If i launch MKV 3D movie on USB port directly from the TV, it's perfect. No out of sync, no sound shift, everything is perfect.

10 - I managed to use 3D on the PC with the line interlaced method ( bypassing normal 3D with a modified EDID )
3D is working perfectly, because there is no need to switch 3D on the TV it's like it still working in 2D, just put the glass and go :cool:. The only probleme is there's some small ghosting effect, and i suspect the 5pix shift bug to be the reason. And because there is no need to activate 3D on the TV, i can't access to the 3D depth setting.

So that's it, i really think that the HDNM is causing all this trouble. that's pretty obvious, but maybe it's something else... dunno.
Sorry for my bad english i hope you understand me.

best regards,

is exactly what the partner says kagerok! I'll post as soon as possible the recorded video so you can see. it's a shame to have this problem because I think it is very good!! a greeting

james87
01-22-2013, 10:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kuu4dTQonI

Here it is. well maybe not notice much for the bad recording. but it certainly has much input lag

Quicksilver86
01-24-2013, 07:48 AM
Hey there,

I have a Tip for you If you have Problems with PNM and jerking Pictures.
I tested yesterday the Option Game/Computer in the Game Mode.
PNM and Clear LCD is deactivated in this Option (it works only with external devices)

I locked to normal TV via my Vantage HD1100 and then to the Bluray The Hunger Games on my Toshia KDX3100.
I haven`t seen some picture-problems with artefaktes, soaps and jerkings.

Please try this and tell me if you see the differences.

Greetings
Quicksilver86

leukocyt
01-24-2013, 07:53 AM
Decided to take the TV back to the store and get my money back. The new firmware makes it almost unusable in certain cases.
The HDNM is broken.
The backlight dimming feature is broken.
The menus are slow (and broken at times as well as there are instances when the icons are completely messed up).
The tv loses connection to hdmi devices.
There's a crackling noise when the tv outputs dolby digital sound.
The settings reset to defaults for no apparent reason.
And that's on top of a large number of smaller irritating problems.

I have to say that this TV is a huge disappointment, especially considering the price.

peter_1975
01-24-2013, 07:49 PM
hundreds of this tv user wait the chance to solve lots of problems with the unit.

dear philips, can you (I'm sorry), so again: could you able definietly make a brilliant fw for us or not? We paid a lot's of money, you are now able to use our money, but we can't use tv as well... It's now seems to be a joke.

01-24-2013, 08:51 PM
I have struck an agreement with my TV store: If Philips don't provide me a working firmware with in reasonable time they will take the TV back, and return it to Philips with an angry note :) . They are one of the major internet stores in Sweden. -Bad bushiness for you, Philips!:mad:

Nomford
01-25-2013, 11:11 AM
I guess FW need to be redone completely.
Auto-Update should be turned OFF, in current state... I don't want to see it every 5 minutes.
Menu is slow because of problems with animation. On static menus it is quite fast, but when menu animation starts it goes sloooooow. Just find a source of this problem and fix it. If you cant fix animations, then make a menu without them. Easy fix, lol. ;)

stefanox
01-25-2013, 05:55 PM
same side here, reach the point after 2 years philips, that i return mine 46PFL9707 back to the shop, and make a switch to another brand (samsung)

It crazy how philips works the last 2 a 3 years..
I spend olmost 4000 euro on a tv and soundbar, that not work well,
That i shame to let it see and hear to others, because all the things that are wrong
So philips, good luck, you loose a another good long custumor!

JeroenSt
01-26-2013, 08:15 AM
I found issues on a 42pfl6007h, software version QF1EU-0.150.82.0:

1. When switching from scart to HDMI (1) the sound is still coming from scart, not from HDMI (1) when no audio is send by HDMI device.

2. Much apps don't exit by using the back button, they stay running for example, uitzending gemist (by pressing red button) and videoland apps do this.

3. User interface is a little slow in my opinion, it's not responding very fast and doesn't smoothly scroll

4. The blue bar which is shown then waiting and going from left to right and back for a while has a blue glow, but this blue glow is cut off by the box (it's not nicely fading out, but cut off at 25% density or somewhat)

5. Ambilight can't stay on in stand-by mode, when pressing the ambilight button the ambilight setting is changed (of, dynamic, static) while screen is off.

6. When playing from a DLNA source audio is sometimes not supported

7. Audio stops for 500 ms a few times a minute and continues when using multi channel audio output over spdif

8. Zapping from channel to channel is slow.

9. When in a menu on the bottom pressing the down button again doesn't go to the top of the list, and when on the top of the list pressing the up button again doesn't go to the botom of the list.

10. Dynamic background lightning flickers sometimes.

11. TV goes automatically on without doing anything

12. TV goes to software update screen without doing anything

I would like some support here so please respond Philips!

letsmakethingsbetter
01-26-2013, 05:47 PM
Dear Philips-Support,

I really appreciate your fixing of some of the bugs with firmware 150.82 - but many other really nasty issues remain, like

no sound via HDMI from my DVD-player (works fine with other brand TVs!)
TV always reports device as plugged into HDMI1 even if connected to HDMI2, HDMI3 or HDMI4
crackling noise when switching channels
slooooow zapping when using external receiver connected via HDMI (no problem via SCART with same device)
massive artefatcs when HDNM is turned on
overall slowness of system, e.g. badly juddering sound volume indicator.

Could you please give us a hint as when to expect the next fw update? The last one was released over a month ago.

Thank you!

Regards,
letsmakethingsbetter
(37PFL6007K/12)

Philips - Benedickte
01-28-2013, 12:15 PM
Hi JeroenSt.

Here is some answeres for what you are experiencing:

5. Ambilight can't stay on in stand-by mode, when pressing the ambilight button the ambilight setting is changed (of, dynamic, static) while screen is off.

Please see the following link (http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/cpindex.pl?ctn=47PFL6007T/12&dct=FAQ&faqview=1&list=aa12_list_partial.html&mid=Link_FAQs&refnr=0094586&scy=GB&slg=ENG&view=aa12_view_partial.html) regarding this.

6. When playing from a DLNA source audio is sometimes not supported

Please check the supported audio codecs for the different extensions files, found in the User manual under Multimedia.

7. Audio stops for 500 ms a few times a minute and continues when using multi channel audio output over spdif

Have you tried any other audio output? If so, which ones and what is the result of this?

9. When in a menu on the bottom pressing the down button again doesn't go to the top of the list, and when on the top of the list pressing the up button again doesn't go to the botom of the list.

This is normal behavior.

11. TV goes automatically on without doing anything

Do you have “Quick start” “ON”? If so, please turn this “OFF”.

12. TV goes to software update screen without doing anything

What do you mean by “goes to software update screen”? Any message coming up? If so what and what do you press?

Some of the other you are experincing is already reported to development. Please wait for further SW updates.

Best regards,
Benedickte

Wally©
01-28-2013, 12:28 PM
Please wait for further SW updates.

We are all waiting for updates...

Giving us an ETA (estimated time of arrival) would be something...

We all feel like we're being left in the dark...

Philips - Benedickte
01-28-2013, 12:36 PM
We are all waiting for updates...

Giving us an ETA (estimated time of arrival) would be something...

We all feel like we're being left in the dark...

Hi.

At this point, I do not have any ETA. Still an ETA might be delayed.

I do want to assure you that we ( Philips moderators) are monitoring the forum daily and reporting what you are reporting.

BR,
Benedickte

emer
01-28-2013, 02:17 PM
47PFL6007K/12 - FW 150.082

1. HDNM that Philips's big defeat - picture looks like a "theater" + artifacts
2. All the time I turn OFF that HDNM - after turn off/on TV HDNM is ... ON !!
3. WiFi like the LOTTO - sometime is OK, sometime can't link to router (2m distance without walls)

There is so much to improve - WE WAIT for the corrected FW !

acidduck
01-28-2013, 02:35 PM

Dear Benedickte.

I do understand you don't want to give an ETA (I'm a software developer myself!) - but why don't you make a sticky topic of confirmed issues, and what currently is beeing worked on?

That would be of great help, for a lot of people. Thanks.

Hoppy
01-30-2013, 06:35 PM
I got the following problem since this weekend.
After i turn off the TV is turn itself back on again and my blu-ray turns on as well, probably because of the easylink option (wich is turned off), if I turn the TV off again my blu-ray also switches of.
Then the TV turns on randomly when it's off, for (I think) about 10 minutes then shuts down again. After removing the powercord I get 1 normal shut down where the TV doesn't start again or randomly starts up, but after the second shut down, the problems are back. So now I remove the powercord at night and when I'm not at home to prevent it from turning on. The quick start option is turned off.

metedoruk
01-31-2013, 08:07 PM
1-TV menu is very slow.
2-Remote controller feedbacks are so slow. The TV sound is slow when on/off.
3-Smart TV doesn't support Flash Player powered internet pages. Smart menü is very slow.
4-The TV menu sometimes gets locked and keys don't work. Volume up/down and channel forward/backward
keys sometimes get locked and don't work.
5-Password channels on CI+ module don't operate when TV is turned on after being turned off.
The card on CI+ module needs re-altaching after being detached.
6-Even when the motion mode is at minimum it deforms the logosin actions scenes.
7-Even when dinamic backlight setting is turned standart dense horizontal lines appear when daytime
light in films go in to night time lights and vice versa.

Quicksilver86
02-01-2013, 01:46 PM
Hi.

I do want to assure you that we ( Philips moderators) are monitoring the forum daily and reporting what you are reporting.

BR,
Benedickte

Hello Benedickte,

do you have any good news for us?

In the german forum we don`t get any answers of our questions.

Philips - Benedickte
02-01-2013, 01:52 PM
Hello Benedickte,

do you have any good news for us?

In the german forum we don`t get any answers of our questions.

Hi Quicksilver.

I don't have any more news that what the moderators on the German forum have. I can confirm, that what you are experiencing and have reported, we ( Both myself and german moderators) have passed on to the development.

Best regards,
Benedickte

EFIBET1
02-01-2013, 04:46 PM
Dear Philips-Support

same problems with my tv-sets (37pfl6606 & 55pfl7007)
i tought the new fw will solved it', but its not.

The hdnm makes the jitter around the moving objects

Could you please give us a hint as when to expect the next fw update? The last one was released over a month ago.

Thank you!

Regards,
EFI

mesutismail
02-02-2013, 11:44 AM
hello
When will the new software please?
I'm sorry for the bad language. google Translate
thanks

Keesje
02-02-2013, 05:06 PM
Sometimes my 46pfl8007k/12 starts up automaticaly after shut down. after +/- 1 minute (when on standby or shut down compleet whit the button on the back) I have to pull the power cord to shut down.
Also it loses some intsalled tv-chanels, i frequently have to install de chanels again.
All software updates are installed.
Is ther a solution?

marcveen
02-03-2013, 05:10 PM
40PFl7007
FW 150.082
Home network is not accessible (or recognized) after the TV is ON for more than half an hour. You have to restart the TV to gain access to the network.

marcveen
02-03-2013, 05:39 PM
40PFl7007
FW 150.082
We experience a total freeze in all programs seen via RTL-XL after a while.:mad:
A total restart is than required, but then again a total freeze of RTL-XL.
Also unable to fast forward in a RTL-XL program.
Does anybody else have this problem?

pmarcaul
02-04-2013, 12:23 AM
Model 55PFL8007 SW QF1EU-0.150.82.0
3 wks ago purchase, so not much reference to compare with.
+++
good quality picture, but still discovering some features.

- - -
*On TV Guide from Internet via application "Powered by GraceNote"
When navigatin in the TV guide list, the button "Regarder maintenant" (French) / meaning "Watch channel now" located on screen top right has no effect and does not allow to switch TV channel.
What a pity, not to say worth. Makes the TV guide usage very limited when basic zapping is not operational.

*On TV Guide from TNT channel signal
When navigating thru the TV guide programs list, it is possible to program a recording,
but the Remote Control OK or Play or any other key does not allow to switch channel neither.
It sounds so weird as this is a very basic feature (at least in SetTopBox type of devices-I am an ex employee of Philips, then Pace Set Top Box...)

*TV user manual (from official Philips site) states media MKV file & subtitle are supported but I still did not figure out how to read via USB stick a MKV file with embedded subtitle. (any possibility to make available for download some typical demonstration files for consumers, that wouldbe just great, as MKV format has so many combinations and may be only one got working by 2012 Philips TV ? at least I could identify what works)

georgor
02-04-2013, 02:49 PM
many people are having the same problem in the forum.

subtitles sometimes flickers.
Only Philips have this problem.

However deinterlaced filter and corrected.

TV broadcasting is a problem.
I think you have some problems sw tuner.

On a TV screen recordings are interlaced annoying because the lines are really disturbing to watch. Especially in scenes where there's movement from left to right (right to left) you see the interlacing, like in this example:
The text scrolls from right to left at the bottom and leaves you with plenty of sunshine mice teeth because this frame consists of 2 snapshots of time, as described above.

Subtitles problem sample:

actually deinterlaced on / off would be very good though.

Please try to fix it

martytv
02-04-2013, 07:40 PM
Sorry if this a bit off topic, but it is really sad in my opinion

Philips to transfer its video business to Funai
http://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2013/01/29/philips-to-transfer-its-video-business-to-funai/

Toengel
02-04-2013, 07:54 PM
Hi,

Funai = Audio, misc (2013), Video (DVD/BD) (2017)

But not TV. TV = TV Vision JointVenture (70% TPV, 30% Philips)

Toengel@Alex

peter_1975
02-04-2013, 08:02 PM
If our lines get to developpers here is my latest experience:

picture flicker
on the latest friday i tried all of picture preset (user, film, picture, vivid, energy safe) and flicker seems to be stopped when i chose it onto film. But in the evening i was needed to decrease the value of dynamic backlight cause of very high brighness.
So i really don't know what happend, but flicker stops.

Maybe i have a defect SSB? Or the internal power supply?:confused::confused:

pmarcaul
02-04-2013, 10:09 PM
many people are having the same problem in the forum.

subtitles sometimes flickers.
Only Philips have this problem.

However deinterlaced filter and corrected.

TV broadcasting is a problem.
I think you have some problems sw tuner.

On a TV screen recordings are interlaced annoying because the lines are really disturbing to watch. Especially in scenes where there's movement from left to right (right to left) you see the interlacing, like in this example:
The text scrolls from right to left at the bottom and leaves you with plenty of sunshine mice teeth because this frame consists of 2 snapshots of time, as described above.

Subtitles problem sample:

actually deinterlaced on / off would be very good though.

Please try to fix it

Thanks georgor for your quick suggestion.
About TV guide (55PFL8007), the issue DISAPPEARED on both modes TNT signal and Internet signal. Not sure how it got fixed, but from an earlier latest software update (done 2 weeks ago), I finally made a factory reset yesterday via the TV parameter menu (as I did read on this forum that , after a software update, factory reset is needed --> a little weird, if needed, why isn't it automated via the software update routine ? suggestion to Philips...). Trying tonight, TV guide channel zapping works as expected. GREAT news

About SUBTITLE encapsulated in MKV file, NOT DISPLAYING on TV screen, not so sure that you understood my initial post. My issue is not a picture or text flickering but no subtitle at all, zero subtitle from the MKV media file played from a USB memory STICK (but same file plays well with subtitle on a PC with VLC player !). I will try to download various MKV samples (Video, Audio, Subtitle) and try my chance, but if someone has already some MKV files with encapsulated Subtitles (not hard included on picture) and displaying OK on Phililps TV via USB , that will be easier to demonstrate .

emer
02-05-2013, 06:58 AM
000.150.083.000 is public

Chief - we wait for changelog and really proper step by step procedure to upgrade FW ...

hmmm ... new FW 150.083 is from ‎2013-‎01-‎14 ‏‎00:15 ??!!

peter_1975
02-05-2013, 08:25 AM
000.150.083.000 is public

hmmm ... new FW 150.083 is from ‎2013-‎01-‎14 ‏‎00:15 ??!!

150.083 is from 2013.02.04 but nothing else further improvement information. (booth of german/europe sites unfortunately)
Who will be the first victim :cool:

Seems to be nothing did with picture quality. Distressing me:(

emer
02-05-2013, 08:37 AM
is from ‎2013-‎01-‎14 ‏‎00:15 - look for properties of file "autorun.upg"

Toengel
02-05-2013, 08:39 AM
HI,

compiled on 2013-01-14, released on 2013-02-05.

Toengel@Alex