PDA

View Full Version : No internet radio SLA5520

PhilW
12-16-2012, 12:31 PM
Hello,

thing I have an SLA5520 and it was working fine but now when I go to internet radio ijust get ---------------empty------------.
On the forum every seems ok but it does not work for me.
UPNP is OK on my router, my Phillips Streamium account is slow but it works.

Any ideas of what I can do, please?

Thanks
Phil

Claes
12-16-2012, 06:10 PM
Hello. I have same problem as you have. What shall i do? Have you speak with Phillips? i dont now how to do it.Pleas, whrite if you know something.
Thanks
Claes.

PhilW
12-17-2012, 12:08 PM
Hi Claes
I am hoping some nice Phillips person will come and help us. Perhaps is a port forwarding problem.
I would try and set the ports manually but I don't know what they are.
And I don"t know when the SLA5520 broadcasts the UPNP request as I found my router UPNP table full. I cleared it but it still does not work!
Phil

lucas1970
12-17-2012, 12:14 PM
But if all worked perfectly before and suddenly stopped have doubts its ports. Had some issues yesterday with my sons NP2900 that lost internet radio and did not come back...

Will try again tonight to see the story but did you try already again?

PhilW
12-17-2012, 12:45 PM
Yes I thought it could not be ports either. But if Philips say its all ok their end you have to believe them don't you? Interesting one of yours is not working either!
I will wait a bit and see what happens. Might reboot router but downloading now.

Phil

Claes
12-17-2012, 07:12 PM
Hi Claes
I am hoping some nice Phillips person will come and help us. Perhaps is a port forwarding problem.
I would try and set the ports manually but I don't know what they are.
And I don"t know when the SLA5520 broadcasts the UPNP request as I found my router UPNP table full. I cleared it but it still does not work!
Phil

Hi. Thank you for your answer. I still think that Philips have some trouble with their server. And they work with it(Ihope).
We have to wait and see.
Regards
Claes.

asirera
12-20-2012, 01:29 PM
Greetings all,
I too have a SLA5520 and effectively stopped working internet radio.
Today I contacted Philips and do not know what can happen, think it's a problem of your portal Streamium.
To you and I work?

regards

PhilW
12-21-2012, 03:32 AM
I have two SLA5520's and both have stopped working in Internet Radio with the same eror. I have contacted Philips too so lets wait and see!

Here's Hoping,
Phil

Daffodil Dai
12-21-2012, 08:23 AM
Good morning all.

Just to let you know that I have the same problem with my Stremium WAC7500. The Internet Server cannot be connected is the message I've been getting ofr over 15 days now.

When I contacted Philips Support Desk (via Chat) after a week they told me that "they were aware of the problem ... and it was 'Down' for maintenance and to try again on the following Monday. Which I did but it still didn't work.

I was then away for a week but felt confident by the time I got back it would be working - but it wasn't. So I went back to the Philips Help Desk for another chat session. They told me the same thing that "it was still down for maintenance." I queried how maintenance could last that long ... 12 days maintenance seems a bit excessive to me .... but all I got was some sort of platitude comment like "we apologise for the inconvenience". When I asked how much longer it would take....... they couldn't tell me.

Make of that as you will ... but I get the feeling that they just don't care how many people it inconveniences or just how frustrating it is.

We live in a rural area of West Wales (UK) where we cannot get an FM signal - so we are reliant on Internet Radio ... hence the reason for purchasing this piece of equipment. Frankly I am fed up with Philips rather cavalier attitiude.

Hope that it gets sorted soon ... but somehow I don't think we'll be listening to the internet radio over Christmas or the New Year somehow.

Best wishes
Diana

Hello,

thing I have an SLA5520 and it was working fine but now when I go to internet radio ijust get ---------------empty------------.
On the forum every seems ok but it does not work for me.
UPNP is OK on my router, my Phillips Streamium account is slow but it works.

Any ideas of what I can do, please?

Thanks
Phil

lucas1970
12-21-2012, 08:52 AM
Same problem for me on my devices......something is going wrong at back end it looks

dickfreddy
12-22-2012, 01:29 PM
i've got the same problem, an empty list in Radio Internet since many days.

Daffodil Dai
12-22-2012, 07:20 PM
A quick update for you all

- I had another Chat session with Duncan from The Philips Support Desk. He gave me exactly the same answer that I had over 3 weeks ago .... "it should be up on Monday"

Yeah right.

I am fed up with all this nonsense about "maintenance" ..... they've obviously got a problem and they refuse to say what.

There MUST be someone from Philips who reads these messages - so come on Philips have the decency to give an official statement please. It's all so frustrating for your paying customers.

I will give Duncan credit though .. he has promised to email me when it's back up and running. I will believe it when I see it .... but let's be charitable .... after all it is Christmas.

Best wishes and good luck to us all ... let's hope it's back in time for Christmas.

D

pjm
12-24-2012, 10:29 AM
I have the same problem (no internet radio stations) on my SLA5520 for some weeks now.
This is really an annoying situation and Philips service is not acting in a client friendly way as you
all experience.
To speed up the repair process I suggest to send an email to the ceo Frans van Houten,
he should be aware of the lousy performance of his support department.
Email address (probably): frans.vanhoten@philips.com

Pacman
12-27-2012, 07:21 AM
Hi All,

Maybe you guys can give your MAC Address and registration IDīs so that can be checked by Philips.

Rgds

pjm
12-28-2012, 01:16 PM
Hi All,

Maybe you guys can give your MAC Address and registration IDīs so that can be checked by Philips.

Rgds

To my opinion Philips does not really understand what service support and client focus means.
This situation now lasts for more than 3 weeks, and no response from Philips about the cause and
the corrective actions.
Please spread your annoyance via facebook, twitter and other media.

coconutjoe01
01-02-2013, 09:50 AM
hi another waste time on chat with a philips help this one was called carrie if you get her its a waste of 20 mins she recons no one else has complained and the fault must be with my out of waranty sla5520 so why was i told before christmas by duncan that philips wer having tec problems and would be sorted within a week
i said other custmers on the forum having same problem and at the same time so my unit can not be faulty so much for customer loyalty any body else on hear get any good advice from them or how to get it on thanks

coconutjoe01
01-02-2013, 09:52 AM
how did you get on i am fed up with philips now it can not be a faulty unit as others have same problem when i was on chat with duncan he said the prob was a tec problem at philips and they wer working on it

coconutjoe01
01-02-2013, 10:00 AM
hi daffodil anothe chat with carrie no help at all said it must be my unit at fault as no one else complained i said have a look on the chat forum she said to return the unit if its still on waranty but they know its not they just can not be bothered i chated with duncan that said the fault was at philips end and would be back on soon but still nothing have you managed to get any luck with yours

pjm
01-02-2013, 05:27 PM
Still no internet radio connection with my sla5520.
I used to work with philips, at the PROFESSIONAL HEALTHCARE division.
If our support and service was as lousy as the support experienced with these streamium devices
we were all out of business now.
This is a disaster, philips please get some of your employees to use their brains,
and COMMUNICATE what is the root cause and the corrective actions to be taken.
Or should we use facebook, twitter etc to spread your service level (ZERO) before we get a sensible response.

pjm
01-02-2013, 05:50 PM
I just chatted with the service support but the issue is too technical for them
So it is a waiste of time to follow that procedure, as others in this forum already experienced
I got a phone number to call : 0900 2021177
So please use this maybe someone at last has an expert knowledge

Daffodil Dai
01-03-2013, 10:09 AM
I have [B]AT LAST/B] had a reply (to my original Topic) from The Philips Moderator Team who tell me that there is a problem at their end with the Internet Radio Server (I have a WACS7500 machine)

They cannot give me any further information or tell me when it will be up and running again .... but at least they have admitted that there IS a problem at their end!

I have suggested that they start up a TECHNICAL NOTICEBOARD where they post any KNOWN PROBLEMS on a daily basis and they can then also post any FIXES at the same place ... it would save all this time and effort trying to seek an answer ..... especially when it's their problem?

I suggest that anybody who has this problem - writes a note to Philips Moderation Team/Support to the same effect and see if we can use people power to get them to provide a better and more efficient service to their existing customers. What do you think?

Over to you ............!

Happy New Year
DD

hi daffodil anothe chat with carrie no help at all said it must be my unit at fault as no one else complained i said have a look on the chat forum she said to return the unit if its still on waranty but they know its not they just can not be bothered i chated with duncan that said the fault was at philips end and would be back on soon but still nothing have you managed to get any luck with yours

Daffodil Dai
01-03-2013, 10:20 AM
I have never been very lucky with contacting the Philips Support Team .... Customer Service just doesn't seem to come top of their priorities. I am suffering from the lack of Internet Radio at the moment (since December 7th 2012) and have been struggling to get an answer from Philips as to what the problem is.

If I use the Chat facility - they tell me that the Internet Radio Server is down for maintenance ... and yet today - I have had a response to my topic to say that there is a known problem and they cannot tell me when it will be fixed.

I have suggested that they start up a TECHNICAL NOTICEBOARD on this website where they post any KNOWN PROBLEMS for a product ... on a DAILY basis and they can then also post any FIXES at the same place ... it would save all this time and effort trying to seek an answer ..... especially when it's their problem?

Can I suggest that if you think this might be a good idea - perhaps you could write a note to the same effect to The Philips Moderation Team/Support and see if we can use people power to get them to provide a better and more efficient service to their existing customers. What do you think?

I understand that every supplier/manufacturer suffers from technical problems occasionally .... and I would imagine most Customers are pretty sympathetic to that ... however, what I find really hard to accept is their lethargy and total lack of action (& seemingly lack of care) about the frustration involved to Customers.

Proactive rather than Reactive should be Philips motto for 2013!!

Happy New Year PJM!
Regards
DD

Still no internet radio connection with my sla5520.
I used to work with philips, at the PROFESSIONAL HEALTHCARE division.
If our support and service was as lousy as the support experienced with these streamium devices
we were all out of business now.
This is a disaster, philips please get some of your employees to use their brains,
and COMMUNICATE what is the root cause and the corrective actions to be taken.
Or should we use facebook, twitter etc to spread your service level (ZERO) before we get a sensible response.

sboot
01-03-2013, 10:25 AM
I've had the same problem with my internet radio since about 15/12/2012 and all was working well before. I've tried a master reset of my SLA5520 and re-registered the product on My Philips to no avail.

Glad to see they are aware of the problem though. I bet the person who is meant to be fixing this problem (and has the admin password) has been on holiday over Christmas, or may have left the company and someone else is trying to pick up the pieces LOL. I really hope they fix it soon.

Daffodil Dai
01-03-2013, 10:32 AM
I think you're right SBOOT. Well let's hope that they didn't have too much to eat and drink over the Christmas Period and can fix the problem quickly!

I miss my Internet Radio and would like to have my daily music back!

Thanks for your comment.
Happy New Year!
DD

I've had the same problem with my internet radio since about 15/12/2012 and all was working well before. I've tried a master reset of my SLA5520 and re-registered the product on My Philips to no avail.

Glad to see they are aware of the problem though. I bet the person who is meant to be fixing this problem (and has the admin password) has been on holiday over Christmas, or may have left the company and someone else is trying to pick up the pieces LOL. I really hope they fix it soon.

Oscar
01-03-2013, 12:53 PM
Hi, check here http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?9424-WACS-7500-Internet-Radio-Server-down-8th-Dec-2012

pjm
01-03-2013, 03:00 PM
Thanks Oscar for this information, I wonder why it took so long
to communicate this.
Still it is very unprofessional not giving the plan and planning to solve this issue!

pjm
01-03-2013, 03:46 PM
I just send a message to the ceo of philips
to get attention for the streamium problem.
I expect he will take actions to solve the issue asap.
Keep your fingers crossed ...

coconutjoe01
01-03-2013, 03:58 PM
got a reply from philips at last to say the problem was at philips end and they are working on it hope it wont be to long or we will be back emailing you

sboot
01-04-2013, 11:34 AM
It seems to be up and working for me again today :)

pjm
01-04-2013, 12:10 PM
I got a response from philips ceo, they are going to tackle this problem now!

And after trying to connect my device is working, fantastic.
Thanks Frans!
Hopefully you install better procedures to prevent this to happen again.

Daffodil Dai
01-04-2013, 04:51 PM
And me too!!!

No email from Duncan though. Ah well .... can't have it all I suppose. But if the Philips Moderation Team read this - perhaps they will have a word with Duncan from Support ..... as he let me down.

Quite frankly I think Philips need to evaluate the way they deal with "technical issues" on behalf of the Customers. It seems that they just don't care about the frustration it causes us.

DD

It seems to be up and working for me again today :)

Daffodil Dai
01-04-2013, 04:53 PM
Well done PJM.

But why does it have to take contact with the CEO to get something done?

Come on Philips - pull your socks up. Customer Service should be paramount in your Business Model.

I got a response from philips ceo, they are going to tackle this problem now!

And after trying to connect my device is working, fantastic.
Thanks Frans!
Hopefully you install better procedures to prevent this to happen again.

Blechtrottel
01-05-2013, 07:34 AM
I've checked my uncle's unit yesterday late night.

Was working fine (in the morning he told me it wasn't showing anything).
Seems they have fixed the problem ...