PDA

View Full Version : Problem: Standby light blinks red lights when starting up

DoubleJ
12-16-2012, 03:57 PM
Sorry if this is in the wrong section or forum. I did my best to find the right section for this thread. If this threads gets moved, please notify me as I'm not really familiar with these forums.

So I use my Philips 32PFL5605H/12 TV for Xbox360 Gaming. So when I started-up my TV and my Xbox360, I saw some flashes of my Xbox screen, but then it blinked off again. The screen blinks once per around 5 seconds to on/off. Also the standby lights blinks red constantly.

I did some research and found a Dutch Manual for my TV (I'm Dutch) that says:
Het stand-bylampje op de televisie knippert
rood:
Haal het netsnoer uit het stopcontact. Wacht totdat de TV is afgekoeld voordat u
het netsnoer aansluit. Als het lampje hierna nog knippert, neemt u contact op met
Philips Consumer Care.

Which basically means that I have to plug-out my power cable and then wait till my TV has cooled down and then try it again. If this keeps happening, I have to contact Philips Consumer Care.

So I haven't turned on my TV today at all, so it can't be too hot. Also, the TV is just cool.
Because it's Sunday, I can't call Philips themselves, but I'd really like to get this solved.

Thanks in advance.

Philips - Benedickte
12-17-2012, 09:49 AM
Sorry if this is in the wrong section or forum. I did my best to find the right section for this thread. If this threads gets moved, please notify me as I'm not really familiar with these forums.

So I use my Philips 32PFL5605H/12 TV for Xbox360 Gaming. So when I started-up my TV and my Xbox360, I saw some flashes of my Xbox screen, but then it blinked off again. The screen blinks once per around 5 seconds to on/off. Also the standby lights blinks red constantly.

I did some research and found a Dutch Manual for my TV (I'm Dutch) that says:
Het stand-bylampje op de televisie knippert
rood:
Haal het netsnoer uit het stopcontact. Wacht totdat de TV is afgekoeld voordat u
het netsnoer aansluit. Als het lampje hierna nog knippert, neemt u contact op met
Philips Consumer Care.

Which basically means that I have to plug-out my power cable and then wait till my TV has cooled down and then try it again. If this keeps happening, I have to contact Philips Consumer Care.

So I haven't turned on my TV today at all, so it can't be too hot. Also, the TV is just cool.
Because it's Sunday, I can't call Philips themselves, but I'd really like to get this solved.

Thanks in advance.

Hi DoubleJ.

Welcome to these forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing some difficulties with your TV, please contact consumer care to get further assistance.

Best regards,
Benedickte