PDA

View Full Version : 46PFL5507T freezes

Petektp
12-18-2012, 11:02 AM
Hello,

PFL5507T has following issue of freezing: Use one of the HDMI inputs, switch off the device in the HDMI input, switch off PFL5507T, switch on PFL5507T, try to go to view TV pushing "TV" button from the remote control = PFL5507T freezes and only way to recover is to take the power cord off the wall.

This issue is commented e.g. at gigantti.fi and I have experienced and complained about this to Philips. Resolution was changed mother board but the same issue still exists.

When is this going to get fixed or is it permanent issue?

Toengel
12-18-2012, 11:06 AM
Hi,

I'm sure you installed firmwrae 93.0 already?

Toengel@Alex (Toengel@Alex)

Petektp
12-18-2012, 11:22 AM
Yes 93.0 installed

Philips - Benedickte
12-19-2012, 11:14 AM
Yes 93.0 installed

Hi Petektp.

A new SW (96.0) will be available during this evening or tomorrow. Please download and install this using USB.

Please report back in the technical feedback positives and negatives :)

Thank you.

Best regards,
Benedickte

mitrado
12-19-2012, 11:51 AM
A new SW (96.0) will be available during this evening or tomorrow. Please download and install this using USB.

I hope this solves the problem I'm facing. I've bought the TV (46PFL5527H/12) on 5 December 2012 and I've added 2 devices: PS3 with HDMI (automatically added) and (manually added) a PC with VGA input.

12 days have passed... and 2 times the Computer link went missing from he home screen- Adding it again was impossible as the VGA input is now missing (makes sense, since I have added it earlier, so it can't be used twice, even after the icon disappeared.)

The only way to add the device again is to re-install the TV, which is quite boring, frankly.
There should be an option to remove it and install it again, without having to reconfigure the whole TV.

Aside from that, I've encountered this freeze issue just once.

PS: I'll be sure to try the new software update today. It's nice to see Philips is working on this.

Philips - Benedickte
12-19-2012, 12:25 PM
I hope this solves the problem I'm facing. I've bought the TV (46PFL5527H/12) on 5 December 2012 and I've added 2 devices: PS3 with HDMI (automatically added) and (manually added) a PC with VGA input.

12 days have passed... and 2 times the Computer link went missing from he home screen- Adding it again was impossible as the VGA input is now missing (makes sense, since I have added it earlier, so it can't be used twice, even after the icon disappeared.)

The only way to add the device again is to re-install the TV, which is quite boring, frankly.
There should be an option to remove it and install it again, without having to reconfigure the whole TV.

Aside from that, I've encountered this freeze issue just once.

PS: I'll be sure to try the new software update today. It's nice to see Philips is working on this.

Hi Mitrado.

Please see the PM i've sent you.

Best regards,
Benedickte

mitrado
12-19-2012, 03:12 PM
Please see the PM i've sent you.

Thanks for the answer... but I doubt that a technician would be able to fix it, if I called one as you suggested. I really believe this is a software bug, since I've noticed various other users complaining about a similar situation. I hope Philips software team can find and correct this glitch in a near future.

somersetpaul
12-20-2012, 03:45 PM
V96 appears to solve this problem on pfl4007.

Toengel
12-20-2012, 04:19 PM
Hi,

also don't forget to install the Standby-Firmware (version 99.x)...

Toengel@Alex

Petektp
12-20-2012, 05:42 PM
Hi Benedickte,

96.0 fixed the issue! - Thanks for superfast service.

Tilator
12-23-2012, 08:06 PM
Hi Benedickte,

96.0 fixed the issue! - Thanks for superfast service.

96.0 FW is recommended update (I did it and it fixes multiple bugs) but DO NOT update Standby Software.

It seems to make HD channels to flicker. Fortunately I was able to downgrade it back and now flickering seems to be away.

mitrado
01-02-2013, 03:52 PM
After applying the latest firmware, the freeze issue appears to have been solved. It didn't happen again.

Also, none of my connections in the Home Screen disappeared again. (This was the only real issue I was experiencing, since it would force me to re-install the TV and all the channels again.)