PDA

View Full Version : Technical feedback - FW v96.0 for 4xx7 and 5xx7 series - 2012 models

Philips - Benedickte
12-19-2012, 08:06 AM
Hi all.

The new FW is now in the progress to be uploaded to the support page.
This thread is for technical feedback only. For other discussions please post in the discussion thread.

(http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?9648-Experience-Thread-FW-v96-0-for-4xx7-and-5xx7-series-2012-models&p=47924#post47924)Note: All posts need to be approved in this thread, meaning it will not be visable before this is done. No need to repost if not come live.

IMPORTANT: After upgrading your TV, it is necessary to perform a "cold start". This means that, after the TV is running again (after the update), shut down the TV, wait 1 minute (till all components are shut down), and unplug the TV from the mains (pull power cord) for 2 minutes before starting again.

Changelog:
Q554E_0.96.0.0 (Date published: 2012-12-18)
You are highly recommended to update your TV with the standby software version 99.0.0.0. You may download the standby software here (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?9654-TV-blocks-reboots-does-not-respond-to-RC-cannot-change-channels-(SCC_96273)) or from the FAQ “What should I do when my TV turns on and off by itself and/or does not respond to the remote control?”

TV tunes to the wrong channel when you select the channel in EPG.
TV keeps turn off and on by itself after you perform the first time installation.
TV hangs after wake up from standby.
Unable to play video using BBC iPlayer.
Unable to play MP4 files.
TV turns off and on by itself when EasyLink is enabled.
Clock displays the wrong time. (Only applicable to country, Slovakia)
Channel Ned1 is not stored during analog channel installation. (Only applicable to country,Netherlands)

Please use the following template in this thread.
Off topic posts regarding the firmware will be moved to the discussion thread (linked over).
============================
TV Model:
Previous Firmware:

Positive:
+
+
+

Negative:
-
-
-

Best regards,
Benedickte

bogaty
12-24-2012, 09:23 AM
TV Model: 40PFL5507K/12
Previous Firmware:0.93

Positive:
+No freezes
+Now read all MP4 movies from usb
+

Negative:
-Still ghosting&blurring in fast games.
-Clear LCD does not working

vimel
12-31-2012, 01:02 PM
TV Model: 46PFL5537T/12
Previous Firmware: 0.92

Positive:
+Picture quality i sligthly better.
+
+

Negative:
-The picture quality is far from perfect.
-Fast moving faces in close ups looks like bad quality YouTube movies.
-Pixel plus settings seems not to have any affect.
-

tomasholy
01-21-2013, 07:50 PM
TV Model:40PFL5507/K
Previous Firmware:0.93

Positive:
Some bugs were repaired

Negative:
-IP-EPG(Czech) data are old on some channels http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?10155-IP-EPG-problem-with-view-and-date&p=49774&viewfull=1#post49774

geomantis13
02-10-2013, 09:32 PM
TV Model:32PFL4007H/12
Previous Firmware:0.93.0.0

Positive:
+Less interlacing problems with scrolling lines on sdtv.
+I think better dynamic backlight behavior (smaller steps).
+No over sharpening edges.

Negative:
-Motion stretching deforming on fast sudden or shake moving(like elastic-potter-gel-vsync off).
-More smearing on lines in games (HDMI PC-PS3).

Trnka2
03-19-2013, 03:40 PM
TV Model 47PFL4307H/12
Hello, I have a tv 47PFL4307H, when přtáčení movie MKV from HDD TV freezes. This is happening only in MKV format, else fine. Movies I have tried from the Flash drive and the same problem and from the other the other HDD. Therefore, it is not a lack of current tv has the latest update. The problem for the other users in the Czech Republic. By authorised service personnel told me that they know of the defect, but there's nothing they won't do what I PLEASE DO. Thank you for the reply.