PDA

View Full Version : What feature you want to see on your Blu-ray player? Share your 201x wish list here …

Philips - Remko
12-19-2012, 08:36 AM
Dear users,

We would like to hear what features you want to see on our Blu Ray players for 2Kxx

What is it what you always wanted to have and see on your player? Share your wishes here in this topic…

sileem
01-22-2013, 02:40 PM
My biggest wish is new firmware for 9600 to fix lip sync issue.

Toengel
01-22-2013, 02:44 PM
Hi,

@Remko

Alphabetically sorted USB/DLNA browser view :-)

Toengel@Alex

new_customer
02-12-2013, 02:33 PM
Character Set option for all files...(ie mp4)..... This was a wish now for several months... Is it realy that hard to add this feature...It's been done before(mkv files)....

Dennisl
03-06-2013, 08:51 PM
To be able to have the ability to load any file from an external USB HDD, no matter how high the resolution without having to use the DVD to load the movie.

Freddo
03-10-2013, 03:53 PM
I want really good file support. A built-in file player that can play ogm video files, MKV files with ogg audio and FLAC audio, and most importantly can display ASS subtitles (only few players are able to do this). The ability to play ISO files would be greatly appreciated too (some day in the future when 8TB drives exist, I intend to backup all my DVDs and blu-ray discs).

Simply put, I want a HMP3000 (http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?slg=en&scy=pl&ctn=HMP3000/12) with a blu-ray drive :)

Oh, and alphabetically sorted file list order is a must. And since blu-ray players are relatively large, they should have a place for an internal 3.5 drive I think.

hellochishing
03-17-2013, 12:17 PM
Hi,

@Remko

Alphabetically sorted USB/DLNA browser view :-)

Toengel@Alex

Yes, agree. I ripped my CD in flac and store them on a USB flash and play them on bdp9700, apparently files are sorted by file size, which is stupid as there is no way to play in track order of CD album. Could you read the track number tag in flac file and sort them ? If not, please sort file by file name, so I could rename by file with a numeral character as prefix.

In addition, streaming of flac over dlna is not support in bdp9700, which is a waste of the nice 192/24 dac and dlna feature of bdp9700 as flac is the only lose-less format support by the player.

Another issue need to fix is SACD play back will be stopped via the stereo analogue output if I turn off my TV (My TV is connect to the main HDMI output of bdp9700) It is work around by disabling the surround channel of the 7.1 analogue output and use only the L and R channel to output to my stereo amplifier. Which is not a good solution for me, as I couldn't connect the 7.1 output to my AV AMP, which is without HDMI port to receive HD movie sound channel