PDA

View Full Version : Please help ! I tried everything !

Zdrav
12-20-2012, 09:04 PM
Hello everyone, I have read online and tried everything before turning to you for help but I could not make this work. My problem is actually quite simple, and I never thought it would be so hard to stream movies from my laptop to my TV. I tried 2 programs to try and stream movies directly through my laptop without having to use hdmi cable or usb. The programs I tried are twonky and XBMC. I am able to see my computer on the tv, therefore they are connected through my router. The TV is connecte directly with a cable, and my laptop is wireless. I share my files on the computer, but I can't see them on the TV. Nothing works, I'm going crazy for 3 days now. The TV btw is PHILIPS 46PFL5507K. PLEASE help me, I am sure it's not that hard but what am I missing? All advice is greatly appreciated whether its from an employee or a user. Thank you very much for taking the time to read this, and I hope you can help!

Happy Holidays to all !

Niels
12-21-2012, 07:17 PM
Hi Zdrav,

The easiest way to stream movies on your TV without cables is as follows.
In the HOME menu choose "OPEN PC" and it will enable you to access media on your network (NAS, network harddisks, laptops), but the files need to be on drives that are shared.
Did you try different locations on your laptop or did you try with other computers or disks on the network?

Niels

Zdrav
12-21-2012, 07:23 PM
I dont have open pc in the home button options like you suggested. I got it to work with a software named twonky however some movies dont show up and others dont have audio. Maybe i need codecs or maybe my tv doesnt play these types of videos i dont know...

Niels
12-21-2012, 10:05 PM
I'm sorry. The open PC option is present in a 2010 model TV. I expect something similar will be present in 2012 TVs. There are other Twonky users in this forum and I know that some of them also have problems with lost network connections or automatic rebooting TVs.

Niels