PDA

View Full Version : SD card

dockerdon
01-22-2011, 09:56 AM
Hi all. What kind of an SD card do I need to put in my 40pfl7605h/12 tv? Can it also be an SDHC card?

Toengel
01-22-2011, 10:02 AM
Hi,

I have an SDHC in my BD-Player. SD is only part of the video store functionality (if video store is available).

Toengel@Alex

Alicia
01-22-2011, 11:27 AM
Hi all. What kind of an SD card do I need to put in my 40pfl7605h/12 tv? Can it also be an SDHC card?

I got my SD card for free from Philips after registering @ Club Philips.

Toengel
01-22-2011, 11:36 AM
Hi,

me too - but only for my BDP, not my TV...

Toengel@Alex

dockerdon
01-22-2011, 05:45 PM
Well I didn't get that card when I registeerd last saturday at philips club. Anyway, can I use an SDHC card because I didn't saw an answer in the posts.

Toengel
01-22-2011, 06:00 PM
Well I didn't get that card when I registeerd last saturday at philips club. Anyway, can I use an SDHC card because I didn't saw an answer in the posts.

Hi,

it takes some time to send you the card... Nevertheless, yes SDHC is working...

You could also read the online help inside your TV... somewhere it is also written...

Toengel@Alex

dockerdon
01-22-2011, 06:10 PM
thx buddy.

Nettle
01-23-2011, 11:11 AM
How many days should we wait for the SD card?

I've set my registration at the Philips club before Christmas and I still not received anything.

:-(

Lake292
01-23-2011, 01:27 PM
Do they send SD card in every country? I registered my TV but didnt see anywhere any message about getting free SD card. Im from Slovakia.

Toengel
01-23-2011, 02:37 PM
Hi,

yeah - I think that this is a rumor... which became true... At least in Germany... :)

Toengel@Alex

Philips
01-23-2011, 09:02 PM
The free SD-cards are offered in a campaign with the Video stores and Philips. We invite everybody (with a video-store compatible TV and access to the store), to try the video store.
We have released Film2Home in the Nordics (Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland), Videoland in the Netherlands and for the “vlaams/dutch” speaking Belgians, VideoFutur in France and we will launch Videoload in Germany in February (Finally!).
If you are not in these countries, you cannot (yet) make use of a video store, and so you cannot (yet) make use of the free SD-card campaign.
Receipt of an SD-card only requires a full Club Philips registration. Of cause you need to have a TV that is compatible with the video store and in which you can insert a SD-card. The card is of the 4GB-SDHC standard, for video playback.

Note: The user manual of the TV recommend an SD-card of 8GB, but for the video-stores 4GB is enough.

Club Philips registration can be done on the Club Philips website directly, or via the TV.

Regretfully, we see a lot incomplete registrations on the Club Philips website. If details are missing, we cannot send anything, so please take care!

Attention: The “Clear Net TV memory” option in your TV erases the Club Philips registration. When re-entering Net TV after a “Clear Net TV memory” was performed, the TV will again ask to perform registration. Please do, preferred via entering your e-mail on the TV, and later click the link in the received e-mail address.

In case you did not receive your SD-card, despite full Club Philips registration, and despite having a TV or Blue-ray player with Video store access, please escalate via the Philips helpdesk. You should receive the SD-card in about 2 weeks after registration.

Nettle
01-23-2011, 09:06 PM
Thanks for the clarification.

regards

Lake292
01-23-2011, 09:41 PM
Yep thanks for info... makes sense :)

Toengel
01-24-2011, 07:36 AM
Attention: The “Clear Net TV memory” option in your TV erases the Club Philips registration. When re-entering Net TV after a “Clear Net TV memory” was performed, the TV will again ask to perform registration. Please do, preferred via entering your e-mail on the TV, and later click the link in the received e-mail address.

Hi,

does it mean, that my whole profile is gone? Or only the link between my TV and my profile?

Toengel@Alex

pistoiaa
01-26-2011, 04:37 PM
If you are not in these countries, you cannot (yet) make use of a video store, and so you cannot (yet) make use of the free SD-card campaign.
Receipt of an SD-card only requires a full Club Philips registration.
In case you did not receive your SD-card, despite full Club Philips registration, and despite having a TV or Blue-ray player with Video store access, please escalate via the Philips helpdesk. You should receive the SD-card in about 2 weeks after registration.

Just to be sure I have understood well:
I fully registered myself and my TV at Club Philips, I have a TV compatible with Video store access,
BUT,
I live in Italy where a videostore is not (yet) available,
SO
I cannot (yet) receive the free SD card.

Is it correct?

dockerdon
01-26-2011, 05:17 PM
Well I still have about a week to go then.

Nettle
01-27-2011, 06:24 AM
Just to be sure I have understood well:
I fully registered myself and my TV at Club Philips, I have a TV compatible with Video store access,
BUT,
I live in Italy where a videostore is not (yet) available,
SO
I cannot (yet) receive the free SD card.

Is it correct?

Right! :-(

regards

sokolum
01-31-2011, 12:05 AM
4GB is not enough for 1080p content. U need atleast 16 GB.

GuinnessTrinker
02-07-2011, 11:37 AM
The free SD-cards are offered in a campaign with the Video stores and Philips. We invite everybody (with a video-store compatible TV and access to the store), to try the video store.
We have released ... and we will launch Videoload in Germany in February (Finally!).
[..]

I (fully) registered my TV 32PFL7605H mid of January, but did not receive a sdcard yet.
I live in germany.
February 2011 has started.

What went wrong?

Toengel
02-07-2011, 11:40 AM
Hi,

the Videoload service did not start yet - so wait...

Toengel@Alex

dockerdon
02-07-2011, 03:46 PM
I got me the SD card last saturday.

Xtreme
02-14-2011, 10:51 PM
They shipped me a no brand 4GB SDHC card and it's a CLASS 2 one.
http://i.imgur.com/gqc9o.gif
This is enough for SD and HD video streaming buffer.
"Class 2, 2 MB/s, slowest for SDHC cards" -from wikipedia

dockerdon
02-14-2011, 11:33 PM
I got me another one..lol

tst
03-19-2011, 11:37 PM
I bought an SD card today, 8 GB SDHC 133x speed (manuf. Lexar). I got a error message
"Formatting failed. Turn off write protection on the SD memory card and try again.
Naturally, the write protection are turn off, this I checked on my PC.
Some others who have experienced the same thing, and have gotten some tips how to get further?

model: 42PFL7695H/12
firmware: 000.140.032.000

rijoli
04-22-2011, 09:59 PM
Hi,

We have bought a philips TV in februari and registered it the same day.

But the SD card nor theXYcard never arrived.

I have send numerous mails to philips and Videoland but somehow it is not possible to arrange this service properly.

It is end april today! I am not amused.

Nettle
05-04-2011, 09:15 PM
Sorry for the question: I've purchased an 8 GB SDHC card.

I've saved some jpg files in it.

I've inserted the SD card on the left side of the TV and I'm not able to display the photos on the screen.

The Card is not displayed/recognized in the Home menu of the TV.
Which could be the reason? Where I'm wrong?

Thanks a lot for the feedback. regards

Toengel
05-04-2011, 09:20 PM
Hi,

the SD card slot is only useable for videostores... and in the 2011 Blu-ray player as BD live memory...

Toengel@Alex

Nettle
05-04-2011, 09:42 PM
Hi,

the SD card slot is only useable for videostores
Toengel@Alex

Hi Toengel,

really!?!?! I was not aware of this detail.

regards

Toengel
05-05-2011, 07:21 AM
Hi,

yeah - it is used as memory to store the encrypted data of the video stores. And on the new 2011 BD player Philips cuts down the internal memory and use the SD card memory for the BD live feature...

Toengel@Alex

Nettle
05-05-2011, 08:38 AM
It's a disappointment: even the little Panasonic LCD TV of my grandmother has got the possibility to insert the SD card and watch photos/videos stored in it.

Why not for the expensive Philips Led TV? It's a shame.

Toengel
05-05-2011, 10:27 AM
Hi,

however, you could plug in a USB-Cardreader on your USB port...

Toengel@Alex

Nettle
09-19-2011, 01:21 PM
We have released Film2Home in the Nordics (Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland), Videoland in the Netherlands and for the “vlaams/dutch” speaking Belgians, VideoFutur in France and we will launch Videoload in Germany in February (Finally!).

Dear Mod,

this another shameful missing feature in the rest of Europe: in Italy (but not only) the competitors are already placing agreements to extend the Video Stores offer in their TV models.

We're asking for it since months and months.

I'm glad to be informed that in the Netherlands and/or Sweden for example (nothing against these countries) the latest "cinema kolossal" is put as available.

Furthermore the SD card is usable only with the Video Store Service. WHY????

Even the cheapest Panasonic and Samsung Led TV gives the possibility to watch the photos from a SD card (with a cool/friendly GUI and a musical background).

Is it so difficult to give this SD card feature available?

This is only a sw driver implementation that could be useful to consider our TV at least acceptable!!!

This makes us doubly frustrated!!! :mad:

So please:

a) SD card available NOT only for Video Store but for the normal use

b) give us the possibility to have the Video Store feature asap! The choice is huge and we've already provided dozens of examples across Europe !!!

regards

Nettle
09-19-2011, 01:23 PM
Hi,

however, you could plug in a USB-Cardreader on your USB port...

Toengel@Alex

This is feasible but meaning less: the SD card is there and not activated!

amazzi
02-14-2012, 07:27 AM
Receipt of an SD-card only requires a full Club Philips registration. Of cause you need to have a TV that is compatible with the video store and in which you can insert a SD-card. The card is of the 4GB-SDHC standard, for video playback.

Note: The user manual of the TV recommend an SD-card of 8GB, but for the video-stores 4GB is enough.

Club Philips registration can be done on the Club Philips website directly, or via the TV.

Regretfully, we see a lot incomplete registrations on the Club Philips website. If details are missing, we cannot send anything, so please take care!

Is there any service available in Italy?

Nettle
02-14-2012, 10:36 AM
Ciao Amazzi,

yes.

For the 2011 TV models (only for those models :mad:) you can have AceTrax:

http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?3202-New-on-Net-TV-Acetrax!&highlight=acetrax

Regards