PDA

View Full Version : 42PFL6007H/12 Skype SOund not sent to HTS

sejtam
12-25-2012, 05:08 PM
I bought a 42PFL6007H/12 TV and a Philips Home theatre system.

I realized to day that the Skype sound coming from the other side can only be heard through tha (rather puny) TV speakers, but not through the HTS.

I tried the Optical cable connection from the TV to the HTS (which works for everything else afaics) and w/o that (HDMI ARC)

Is this a system issue or do I need to tweak some setting?

Toengel
12-25-2012, 06:50 PM
Hi,

I think, this is a feature (Skype sound only from TV speakers).

Toengel@Alex

sejtam
12-26-2012, 12:34 PM
Hi,

Toengel@Alex

How can that be a feature? With a roomful of folks, trying to skype makes the other side almost unhearable even at volume 60. My HTS is able to provide more power, so why can't use that for sound with skype?

sejtam
12-27-2012, 04:34 AM
Hi,

Toengel@Alex

Why would that be a feature?
At least the option shlould be there (as should one to send the skype sound to headphones, to eliminate audio feedback loops.

Philips admin
05-21-2013, 08:28 AM
Why would that be a feature?
At least the option shlould be there (as should one to send the skype sound to headphones, to eliminate audio feedback loops.

Seems to be a Skype requirement!

Regards,
JuAn

sejtam
05-21-2013, 08:37 AM
Seems to be a Skype requirement!

Regards,
JuAn

Care to share what makes you say that?

It's a stupid restriction. My Philips TV runs skype, you sold me an external USB webcam to use it with, but I cannot talk freely because I cannot hear the sound via my (also Philips) HTS. The TV speakers are much too puny. Even at full volume I barely hear what the other side says.