PDA

View Full Version : sound from tv

hallgarth
12-25-2012, 05:10 PM
sound is excellent when playing dvd but how do i get the tv to come through speakers please
baffled

NormRebs
12-25-2012, 10:43 PM
I'm having the same problem

Toengel
12-26-2012, 11:41 AM
Hi,

guys... think a little bit... how should we know, what TVs you have and which connections are available?

Toengel@Alex

Oscar
12-28-2012, 07:11 AM
:) Good one

stefan10
12-29-2012, 08:31 PM
I have the same issue...

The tv its a Samsung D550 and the home cinema is a PHILIPS HTS3538/12.
I have connected thru HDMI to get the video from HC to Tv and its working great. The problems appears when I want to have sound from tv channels (cable tv) which I want to get with an optic cable.
So after inserting as described in DVD manual (HDMI for video and otic cable for audio) still not working, ive changed in the tv menu to external speakers and it gets mute, also i set the dvd to AUX as input source...nothing.

I have upgraded the HC to the latest release where i have HDMI ARC...still no sound from tv. The optic cable is working fine just not in the HC.

martintait
12-31-2012, 12:48 PM
im having same problems cant get tv sound through speakers i have a samsung 50" plasma 2 months old tv HDMI cable to sound system. when going in set up i go to video setup but cant get on tv system first available selection is tv display. how do i get sound from tv through speakers please help ?????!!!!!!!

Hi,

guys... think a little bit... how should we know, what TVs you have and which connections are available?

Toengel@Alex

dicguy
01-05-2013, 04:39 PM
I have the same issue...

The tv its a Samsung D550 and the home cinema is a PHILIPS HTS3538/12.
I have connected thru HDMI to get the video from HC to Tv and its working great. The problems appears when I want to have sound from tv channels (cable tv) which I want to get with an optic cable.
So after inserting as described in DVD manual (HDMI for video and otic cable for audio) still not working, ive changed in the tv menu to external speakers and it gets mute, also i set the dvd to AUX as input source...nothing.

I have upgraded the HC to the latest release where i have HDMI ARC...still no sound from tv. The optic cable is working fine just not in the HC.

So glad I found your post, I am having exactly the same problem. I want to have the TV audio come through the surround sound speakers. I have done all of the above and still have silence through the Philips. Samsung TV is perfect, Philips is perfect but cannot get them to work together. I have tried all sorts of cables etc, upgraded the HDMI leads to no avail. I am sure it must be one stupid thing that I am not doing right. Frustrated , Eastbourne, Susses.

Toengel
01-05-2013, 04:50 PM
Hi,

Philips TVs can output audio in the 3 following ways:
- digital out: HDMI-ARC port
- digital out: SPDIF port
- analogue out: headphone connector

Toengel@Alex

dicguy
01-05-2013, 04:54 PM
Sorry my friend i should have said that my TV is aSamsung 6 series, smart TV

Toengel
01-05-2013, 04:56 PM
Hi,

then you need to find out, how Samsung outputs audio to external devices...

Toengel@Alex

T37931
02-01-2013, 04:53 AM
Has anyone found a fix for this? I have a Phillips 42" flat panel. Trying to run the audio through my Panasonic surround sound. I've followed all the instructions, tried different cables. Nothing works.

joopie1985
06-29-2013, 04:30 PM
Hi
i have the philips 40pfl6636H/12 tv and the HTS3538.
when i play a dvd everything sounds great.
but when i watch tv and want to send sound from my tv to hc (via hdmi-arc) is isnt working.
I have in both devices the latest firmware and all settings are stand oke.
Does anyone have a solution for this problem.
Maybe PHILIPS!!!!!

Toengel
06-29-2013, 04:34 PM
Hi,

- disable HDMI-ARC and HDMI-CEC (Easylink)
- shutdown both, pull power cord
- restart both
- activate HDMI-ARC and HDMI-CEC (Easylink)
- restart both

Toengel@Alex

joopie1985
06-29-2013, 04:42 PM
oke I am going to try it now
thnks

joopie1985
06-29-2013, 08:56 PM
I've tried it a few times but without success