PDA

View Full Version : PiP and dynamic background light

bta
01-23-2011, 06:08 PM
Hi,

at my 40PFL7605H/12 with FW 140.27 I have observed, that the hole screen goes darker and brighter when the the small PiP at the NetTV home becomes darker and brighter. For me it seems, that the dynamic backlight reacts if the small PiP will be displayed at the full screen. This can especially be observed, when some commercials run in the PiP since there is alwayes a black screen between two commercials. My assumption is that the dynamic backlight is evaluated before the picture is scaled down and displayed as PiP on the NetTV home. In a sowftware kind of spech the functions are called in the wrong order and/or with wrong arguments.

regards
bta

bta
03-12-2011, 04:36 PM
Hi Everybody,

Problem at 140.32 still present.

The Problem is also present at IP-EPG.

The dynamic backlight (or contrast) reacts on the hole screen although only the small pip can be ssen. That mean that the hole screen becomes darker or brighter when the tv broadcast in the small pip window becomes darker or brighter. But this is an error because the most part of the scrren is used bei NetTV or IP-EPG.

regards bta

Philips
03-18-2011, 11:50 AM
Hi BTA,

You are right, the dynamic backlight is still responding to the video in the PIP, but it is affection the whole Net TV page.

Solution: Switch off Dynamic Backlight.

Thank you for pointing this out.
We are looking for ways to have this improved.

Toengel
03-18-2011, 12:04 PM
Hi,

nice finding BTA!

Also fine, that Philips could reproduce it and will looking for a solution!

Toengel@Alex