PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Ambilight

bogani
12-26-2012, 04:15 PM
I own a 32PFL6007T and in order to get the Lounge Ambilight working I have to pull the powercord. Otherwise it will not start when pressing the Ambilight-button. After the cord has been pulled the Ambilight works when th TV is on, and the Lounge function aswell. But when the TV has been shut off for a whole night the problem comes back.

Any idea??

poyans
12-26-2012, 06:12 PM
I own a 32PFL6007T and in order to get the Lounge Ambilight working I have to pull the powercord. Otherwise it will not start when pressing the Ambilight-button. After the cord has been pulled the Ambilight works when th TV is on, and the Lounge function aswell. But when the TV has been shut off for a whole night the problem comes back.

Any idea??

I have the same problem with my 55PFL8007. After turning the TV off it is often impossible to turn on Lounge Ambilight unless I pull out the powerplug first . Even though I am very happy with the picture quality of the TV, I must say that I have never owned such a buggy device. Considering the price of the product it is amazing how a product can have so many quirks, but I hope that they are adressed eventually.

Philips Support, any solutions?

burnhoven
12-26-2012, 07:54 PM
Install the latest firmware please...version 0.150.82.0

poyans
12-26-2012, 08:01 PM
I have it already installed (QF1EU-0.150.82.0), but the the problem remains.

Cookie
12-26-2012, 09:27 PM
See post from some time ago from Philips-JuAn:

Maybe already mentioned earlier or in other posts, but Ambillight Lounge mode requires a dedicated approach to make it work:
- The TV has to be really in standby before the function will work, this means after putting the set in standby waiting for at least one minute.
- The AL Lounge mode will start only after 15 ~ 20 seconds after the AL button is pressed.
- The changing of mode can be done (since 150.48.xx) by pushing the same AL button once. Pressing it for 5 seconds gets you out of Lounge mode.

On my 8007 model, this works like a charm.

Ow, and by the way, after the SW upgrade, did you execute a cold start with the TV (unplug mains cord for 1 or 2 minutes)?

Grt.,
Cookie

poyans
12-26-2012, 09:45 PM
Have not tried the cold start. Will try! Thank you for the advice. I hope it works.

bogani
12-28-2012, 07:04 AM
Tried the cold start and sure, first time I pressed the AMBILIGHT button it worked, but after a whole night in standby the problem remains.

Might try to downgrade the TV to the original FW to see if that works.