PDA

View Full Version : Error when updating Firmware



ADPavlak
12-26-2012, 04:51 PM
Hello,

I have 2 windows 7 x64 laptops from different manufactures that will not update the firmware on a Ariaz SA4ARA16KF/37 SF1A1228001157. I believe that it is running Version 1.04 firmware and the Songbird software I am running is Version 2.6.1 Build 6.1.2265 Rev 885 Firmware SA4ARA.

I have 2 of these devices, both are new out of the box and they come up with an error when trying to update the firmware. I have tried resetting the device to factory defaults with no luck and updating on 2 different machines. I am at a loss. I have updated firmware before on many devices, never with this much trouble.

Is there any help for this situation, or am I just stuck?

Please advise.
Thanks,
ADPavlak

ADPavlak
12-27-2012, 04:18 PM
I have decided to return these items and pursue other options. You may ignore this request for assistance.

danniellin
12-30-2012, 12:38 PM
Hello,

I have 2 windows 7 x64 laptops from different manufactures that will not update the firmware on a Ariaz SA4ARA16KF/37 SF1A1228001157. I believe that it is running Version 1.04 firmware and the Songbird software I am running is Version 2.6.1 Build 6.1.2265 Rev 885 Firmware SA4ARA.

I have 2 of these devices, both are new out of the box and they come up with an error when trying to update the firmware. I have tried resetting the device to factory defaults with no luck and updating on 2 different machines. I am at a loss. I have updated firmware before on many devices, never with this much trouble.

Is there any help for this situation, or am I just stuck?

Please advise.
Thanks,
ADPavlak

I have this issue too.
The environment is pretty the same, except the firmware is 1.08.
Please remain on solving this.

Daniel

danniellin
12-31-2012, 03:06 PM
I have tried 4 different PCs with the latest version of PSB.
All of them didn't let me update the firmware.
Below is the message from the error console.

Error: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80040111 (NS_ERROR_NOT_AVAILABLE) [sbIDeviceProperties.hidden]" nsresult: "0x80040111 (NS_ERROR_NOT_AVAILABLE)" location: "JS frame :: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Philips/Philips%20Songbird/extensions/msc@songbirdnest.com/platform/WINNT_x86-msvc/components/sbMSCServicePaneService.js :: sbMSC_SPS__updateDevNode :: line 1183" data: no]
Source File: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Philips/Philips%20Songbird/extensions/msc@songbirdnest.com/platform/WINNT_x86-msvc/components/sbMSCServicePaneService.js
Line: 1183
Anyway someone can look into this?

danniellin
01-03-2013, 05:33 PM
I have this issue too.
The environment is pretty the same, except the firmware is 1.08.
Please remain on solving this.

Daniel

Any luck that someone is checking this?

danniellin
01-06-2013, 04:19 PM
Any luck that someone is checking this?

Looks like that this is a ghost town.
Support is no longer care about this forum.

Oscar
01-11-2013, 08:41 AM
Hi there,

Did you try this tool already http://philips-diagtool.sbe-online.com/#;content=view_identification;arg=;lang=EN;country =US

Bye

Philips - Katerina
08-27-2015, 12:46 PM
Hello participants of the thread and forum members in general!

Hopefully your issue was dealt with and you are no longer facing it. Since the thread has been silent for some time now, I will proceed by closing it. If you still have the same question about the same issue or any similar issues arise feel free to start a new thread or contact one of us moderators to open this thread again.

Kind regards
Philips Katerina