PDA

View Full Version : Napster update for Streamium and AWxxxx

Philips - Remko
12-27-2012, 09:27 AM
Dear Streamium and Wireless HiFi Users,

While our aim is to restore the Napster service on your devices as soon as possible and with the best possible user experience, this is proving to be a bigger challenge than anticipated.

We are working earnestly towards resolving this and will provide you a further update on progress in January.

We appreciate your understanding and our sincere apologies on the inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

jphenrick
12-27-2012, 09:54 PM
hi this has been missing for 9 months now an unacceptable length of time for customers

are Philips going to offer refunds?

sonos for example had an update available back in April

can we at least have the firmware released before 2013 to fix the reported bugs????

thanks

Jh

While our aim is to restore the Napster service on your devices as soon as possible and with the best possible user experience, this is proving to be a bigger challenge than anticipated.

We are working earnestly towards resolving this and will provide you a further update on progress in January.

We appreciate your understanding and our sincere apologies on the inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

Snuser
12-30-2012, 10:45 AM
Dear Philips,

i am so frustrated that i finally took the pain to register to your forum (which took me at least 5 Minutes !!!!).

Do you really think that anybody here believes that an update is provided within the next month(s)?

You play this game too long! Since the last nine months you informed us about sw-updates like this f "the update will be provided in the next two months" … "ups, sorry, we need two more months" … "sorry again" … and so on!

I think it would be time to make this kind of customer relationship public in other Forums.

Best Regards,
a disappointed customer!

ps: i even tried to call the hotline but they just told me: "it is not philips fault if i pay for the napster account and want to use it".

jphenrick
01-07-2013, 08:11 PM
can we PLEASE have a new fixed date for the firmware release -to resolve

a) reported software bugs some i was assured would be fixed last year

b) re-enablement of napster

its 9 months now and still no changes

have philips abandoned the streamium range??

thanks

chrisdude
01-07-2013, 09:08 PM
can we PLEASE have a new fixed date for the firmware release -to resolve

a) reported software bugs some i was assured would be fixed last year

b) re-enablement of napster

its 9 months now and still no changes

have philips abandoned the streamium range??

thanks

Last year I had an online chat with Philips support Holland, and they indeed told me that Streamium was not continued and no new released would come. Some members from the forum laughed it away, but it seems like it now, a couple of months later.

Also got information from an insider of Philips that some of their equipment is not designed/developed by them self and are purchased from a not-related third party. They just put a Philips sticker on it and their box around it... So might be (I'm not sure) that this is the case for (some) Streamium devices also. This could delay/obstruct any support and development also.... (Of course it's does not make it more acceptable :))

To be clear: only Philips can confirm the reliability of the above, I only share the information I have (which is quite reliable to me though :) )

Roran
01-17-2013, 08:08 PM
Dear Philips,

I wanted to share my ever increasing frustration with regards to the ever delayed Napster fix for my NP2900.

I happened to join Napster last year really by chance, after I realized my NP2900 included such a software enabling me to play streamed music. This actually gave a second life to my NP2900, wich I was hardly using anymore, and I was actually considering purchasing a docking station for my smartphone on which I would use such a streaming music service.

I was very happy for a few months, until a large power blackout in the city where I live forced me to reset my device, which is when I lost the Napster functionality (it seemed I only experienced that problem very late compared to other users, as I must have been on the older version of the firmware until then).

This is when I started looking at this forum, seeing the frustration of the other users who had already been undergoing that problem for months. And now, after I read about all these consecutive promised release dates being missed, I start feeling much frustration myself as Philips appear to poorly communicate and not to show so much empathy towards its customers. Messages with a bit more details as to why it is so much of a difficulty to release the fix would surely help and decrease the frustration, instead of acting as if every single piece of info had to be kept a secret...

I sincerely hope a solution is coming very very soon, as I have not been very impressed with the software/firmware competence of Philips... a pity as the sound quality of the product is very good in my view. But this apparent incompetence (?) with software/firmware developments may well have me buy a different brand the next time.

Regards

Roran

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

jphenrick
01-20-2013, 08:12 PM
Philips

its now been another 4 weeks and no Update for the many frustrated users

i spent over £1500 on streamium kit and there have been NO bug fixes for 13 months and no napster for 9 months now!

what is happening?

can we have refunds or have this matter escalated to the Philips CEO?

why has the streamium range now been discontinued??????

can we have answers by return please

a firm and FIXED date for a fimware release including bug fixes that i have reported numerous times

models that are waiting are np2900/n03300/np3700/np3000 mci900 and mci8080

looking forward to a prompt response or a way to escalate this matter further please

JH

jphenrick
01-24-2013, 09:28 PM
Philips

please update asap

thanks

JH

jphenrick
01-24-2013, 09:29 PM
Philips

its now been another 4 weeks and no Update for the many frustrated users

i spent over £1500 on streamium kit and there have been NO bug fixes for 13 months and no napster for 9 months now!

what is happening?

can we have refunds or have this matter escalated to the Philips CEO?

why has the streamium range now been discontinued??????

can we have answers by return please

a firm and FIXED date for a firmware release including bug fixes that i have reported numerous times

models that are waiting are np2900/n03300/np3700/np3000 mci900 and mci8080

looking forward to a prompt response or a way to escalate this matter further please

JH

John_Clark
01-28-2013, 02:03 PM
Hello people,
Since 26 January 2012 it was clear that Napster was bought by Rahpsody.
Since about March 2012 there is a new software from Napster. Many manufacturers have responded immediately or within a short time thereafter. Philips not only who slept or done anything (policy?).
Meanwhile, we are stalled for nearly a year and put off.
Now it turns out well, that no new software shall be. Or if they do another comes, it will be the last for this series.
Philips has changed namely its portfolio (see Fidelio series), the MCI devices are hidden and many sellers have sold off for cheap.
I paid for the system still 1000 € the end of 2011 and that is probably still here some Sun She was purchased specially for streaming and Napster.
Philips goes another way, it is persevered and led quietly geschweigen. A problem of mismanagement, the Philips company. Decades Philips was an innovator in Europe, but this is a few years past. This company will be probably so in this way much longer, if they so continue with the company policy. The Asians are more innovative and have become much better. (See Samsung)
Then you have to make it public, where there is to it?, That there will be no software updates. Or why they come so late. Software can be paraphrased? Or was saved by anything? That it is not.!
Software can also share. There is enough technology nerds who will succeed to create this problem in the world.
I believe that these devices all have earned only the beta status. I too am disappointed with the Philips, this stalling tactics. Nearly a year
For my device I will probably not get a 200 € more if I would sell it now. Is available at all the trouble of these devices over the Internet. This is very disappointing, with the former major brand Philips.
I hope many fans here on the exercise a little bit pressure on Philips, for damages and bad policy.
Perhaps there will still a 2014 update of a resourceful technique ace does not have to work at Philips. Philips employees I do feel sorry, apparently you should probably not even allowed to be innovative and think of the art and we must have no idea.
Anyway, it now looks like this. Even here in the forum.
Thank you
Sorry for this english

Philips - Remko
01-28-2013, 03:41 PM
Hi jphenrick,

I have send you a personal message please check your inbox.

Kind regards,

chrisdude
01-28-2013, 04:48 PM
Hi jphenrick,

Kind regards,

Dear Remko, dear Philips,

Why the personal message?! There are more users (including myself) waiting for answers. I have posted my opinion on the Philips Sound facebook page and got a reply (PM)that new software would be released by the end of this month. So that means 3 more days left. But since I expect nothing will happen.....

BR,

bauschi007
01-28-2013, 04:51 PM
Hi jphenrick,

Kind regards,

@ Philipps: We are all a part of your customers please give all a correct statement !!!!!!!!: Mad:: Mad:: Mad:: Mad:: Mad:
If i don't become a correct Statement during the next 2 Weeks, i will inform all the technology blogs and the German trade press about your Catastrophic information policy.
It is that what you want ???

@ jphrenik, please tell us what Philipps has written to you.

thomasw.78
01-28-2013, 06:55 PM
Auch ich warte seit Ewigkeiten auf ein Update für diese Anlage und habe diese mir extra (!!!) wegen Napster gekauft. Ich finde es eine Unverschämtheit wie der Hersteller mit seinen Kunden umgeht!
Normalerweise heißt es, "der Kunde ist König" und hier??? Hier wird einfach der Kunde mit immer neuen abenteuerlichen Kommentaren hingehalten und für dumm verkauft. Ich selbst arbeite als Kundenbetreuer und kenne einige Stories, aber so etwas habe ich noch nicht erlebt. Mir scheint es so, als hätte sich Philips schon damit abgefunden und dass die Kunden, welche nun langsam anfangen zu poltern egal sind. Wie sieht es nun mit Schadensersatz aus?
Ich verstehe auch nicht, wie ganz plötzlich nun auf einmal die Linie aus dem Verkauf genommen wird, keine MCI8080 und keine MCI900 sind mehr zu sehen. Es wird beinahe schon so getan, als hätte es diese nie gegeben, dafür wird nun die tolle Linie Fidelio als Zugpferd eingesetzt. Sollen wir etwa nun alle wieder umsteigen und unsere (fast) neuen Anlagen verschrotten??? Ich weiß, die heutige Zeit ist schnelllebig, aber man muss ja nun nicht übertreiben!
Ich hoffe, dass sich noch mehr Leute finden und Ihren Unmut hier ausdrücken.

Der Kunde ist immernoch König - er kauft die Produkte, oder lässt es halt sein....

thomasw.78
01-28-2013, 06:55 PM
Even I am waiting for ages for an update for the MCI8080i and I have this extra (!) bought because Napster. I think it's a disgrace how the manufacturer with its customers deal!
Usually it is, "the customer is king" and here? Here, the customer simply is stalled with new adventurous comments and fooled. I work as an account executive and know some stories, but this is something I have never experienced. It seems to me, as if Philips has resigned and that the customers who are now slowly start to rumble matter. How does it look with damages for non-performance?
I do not understand how all of a sudden now suddenly the line is taken out of the sale, and no MCI8080 MCI900 are no longer seen. It is almost done as if it had never been there, but now is the great line Fidelio used as a draft horse. Are we all now about to switch back and scrap our (almost) new plants? I know that our times run fast, but I have decided not exaggerate now!
I hope that there are more people here and express your displeasure.

The customer is still king - he buys the products, or not ....

Roran
01-29-2013, 07:17 AM
Dear Remko, Philips,

Could you please give us - the COMMUNITY OF USERS - an update in January, as promised on 27.12.2012 "We [...] will provide you a further update on progress in January", rather than sending a private message to ONE USER ONLY while we are almost at the end of January and still no news on such update yet?

I fully appreciate the situation may not be comfortable for customer "facing" people like you at the moment - for having worked in customer service myself I also appreciate you might not be involved in the fix at all yourself - but please also carefully consider the level of frustration some users have reached. You should thus consider carefully the way you communicate not to add to it.

Regards

Laurent

Hi jphenrick,

Kind regards,

Philips - Remko
01-29-2013, 10:41 AM
Dear users,

We are still working on the upgrade but unfortunatly we cannot give any timeframe of when it will be released.

Sincere apologies on the inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

jphenrick
02-03-2013, 05:37 PM
Can Philips Release at least the latest firmware with teh reported bug fixes for the units while the napsetr part is still being resolved please?

can this question be asked of support please?

thanks

JH