PDA

View Full Version : Unable to activate the "multi-room"

daminoo
12-28-2012, 10:37 AM
Hello all,

I need your help please.
I'm the owner of both AW9000 and AW5000 wireless speakers (AW9000 in the main room, AW5000 in the bedroom).
I just need to activate the multi-room system in order to listen music on both at the same time ; using the downloaded application in my IPAD.
I see on the Philips web site that it's possible to use the multi-room whitout any optional bridge but they don't explain how to activate and use it.

If any one can help.

Very nice.

Regards.

Tias
12-28-2012, 11:16 AM
Hi !

Have a look at the description of the Multi-Room feature here (http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/cpindex.pl?ctn=AW5000/10&dct=FAQ&faqview=1&list=aa12_list_partial.html&mid=Link_FAQs&refnr=0095951&scy=GB&slg=ENG&view=aa12_view_partial.html) where it clearly claims "However the music between the wireless Hi-Fi speakers is not played at the same time."

Cheers !

daminoo
12-29-2012, 04:20 AM
Thanks a lot for your answer but before following this procedure, I just want to know how to connect both of the systems. So I gave a call to the helpdesk in France and they told me that the functionnality is about to be activated thanks to a new firmware in the future. No more information and this time.

Philips - Remko
01-02-2013, 07:08 AM
Dear daminoo,

The design is following the FAQ as described by user Tias. Also it can’t support “playing the music synchronously” by a firmware upgrade.

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team