PDA

View Full Version : Setting up DCB852

countryman
12-28-2012, 12:43 PM
I am trying to set my new DCB852 up so that the numbered buttons on the remote can be used to access preset channels but not making much headway. In other words, I want to set up Preset 3 in DAB to be BBC Radio3, also Preset 3 in FM to be BBC Radio 3 (FM). Then if I have selected DAB, then when I press button 3 on my remote, then I will tune to Radio3.

To be honest, I don't think that the setting up instructions regarding this are that clear.

Second question...I really am struggling to hear any difference in tonality between the four DCS settings.

TIA

countryman
01-11-2013, 11:40 AM
I am trying to set my new DCB852 up so that the numbered buttons on the remote can be used to access preset channels but not making much headway. In other words, I want to set up Preset 3 in DAB to be BBC Radio3, also Preset 3 in FM to be BBC Radio 3 (FM). Then if I have selected DAB, then when I press button 3 on my remote, then I will tune to Radio3.

To be honest, I don't think that the setting up instructions regarding this are that clear.

Second question...I really am struggling to hear any difference in tonality between the four DCS settings.

TIA

No-one any ideas at all?

countryman
02-11-2013, 08:41 PM
Answer...it cannot be done. Which seems to me to be pretty dumb.

The first one had top be sent back as on DAB it sounded like burbling mud after a while.

Now the second one has developed a fault. Playing a CD, there is a noticeable silent pause between tracks. Particularly noticeable on something contiguous like 'Dark Side of the Moon'.

Unimpressed with this product.

Philips - Katerina
08-26-2015, 12:37 PM
Hello participants of the thread and forum members in general!

Hopefully your issue was dealt with and you are no longer facing it. Since the thread has been silent for some time now, I will proceed by closing it. If you still have the same question about the same issue or any similar issues arise feel free to start a new thread or contact one of us moderators to open this thread again.

Kind regards
Philips Katerina