PDA

View Full Version : Setting up DCB852

countryman
12-28-2012, 01:43 PM
I am trying to set my new DCB852 up so that the numbered buttons on the remote can be used to access preset channels but not making much headway. In other words, I want to set up Preset 3 in DAB to be BBC Radio3, also Preset 3 in FM to be BBC Radio 3 (FM). Then if I have selected DAB, then when I press button 3 on my remote, then I will tune to Radio3.

To be honest, I don't think that the setting up instructions regarding this are that clear.

Second question...I really am struggling to hear any difference in tonality between the four DCS settings.

TIA

countryman
01-11-2013, 12:40 PM
I am trying to set my new DCB852 up so that the numbered buttons on the remote can be used to access preset channels but not making much headway. In other words, I want to set up Preset 3 in DAB to be BBC Radio3, also Preset 3 in FM to be BBC Radio 3 (FM). Then if I have selected DAB, then when I press button 3 on my remote, then I will tune to Radio3.

To be honest, I don't think that the setting up instructions regarding this are that clear.

Second question...I really am struggling to hear any difference in tonality between the four DCS settings.

TIA

No-one any ideas at all?

countryman
02-11-2013, 09:41 PM
Answer...it cannot be done. Which seems to me to be pretty dumb.

The first one had top be sent back as on DAB it sounded like burbling mud after a while.

Now the second one has developed a fault. Playing a CD, there is a noticeable silent pause between tracks. Particularly noticeable on something contiguous like 'Dark Side of the Moon'.

Unimpressed with this product.