PDA

View Full Version : Internet radio stops streaming

evandort
12-29-2012, 08:35 AM
Hi,

I'm using my AW2000 with a wired LAN connection. Very often Internet radio runs for many hours without any problems. However, sometimes the radio stops playing repeatedly after 10 to 15 minutes. The LED turns green (stand-by). After switching it on again, it plays for the next 10-15 minutes and then stops again. What could be the solution to this problem?

FYI: I'm living in Switzerland, listening to Dutch "radio 2", enjoying the top2000.

I really like the product. I can enjoy all Dutch radio stations abroad, and also all of my CDs which I put on a UPnP mediatomb mediaserver.

One suggestion: volume control on the smartphone app should really be improved. I would prefer a simple "volume up" and "volume down" button rather than (or in addition to) the slider.

Thanx.

Pacman
12-31-2012, 12:45 PM
Hi there, silly question but is your device up to date?

Other issue can be that you loose network connection due to much traffic. Do you have many devices connected?

evandort
01-01-2013, 10:28 AM
Happy New Year!

Yes, the device is running with the latest software version. I replaced my previous internet radio by the AW2000, re-using the same ethernet-cable. The previous internet radio never stopped playing, so there's not too much traffic on my LAN.

I think I found a work-around to the problem:

Normally I turn on the device by pushing one of the 5 preset-buttons. Also after the device automatically stops playing after 10 minutes, I usually turn it on again by pushing one of the preset-buttons.

However, if I enter the AirStudio App on my iPad after the internet-radio station stops playing, the radio starts playing again without having done anything in the app. But it stops playing again after about 10 minutes.

But if I explicitly select a radio-station in the App, then it starts playing and never stops.

I hope this information helps to find the real solution to this problem.

Thanx

Philips - Remko
01-03-2013, 05:38 AM
Hi evandort,

We can reproduce the problem that you mention and are currently looking into it. Thank you very much for your feedback.

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

Philips - Remko
01-14-2013, 09:15 AM
Hi evandort,

I have send you a personal message. Please check your inbox.

Kind regards,