PDA

View Full Version : HDMI ARC connection 42PFL7406H/12 and HTS9241/12

rogerh
12-30-2012, 12:10 PM
hi,
I tried to connect my new Philips Home Cinema HTS9241/12 to my 42PFL7406H/12 TV. I have used the HDMI ARC connector of my TV and both the TV as Home Cinema have the latest software versions. When connecting I double checked the HDMI settings of both the TV and HTS Home cinema.
However when I want to use the HTS Home Cinema the TV says it can't find the external amplifier and keeps using the TV speakers. When I force the HTS Home Cinema to find a HDMI device is says he can't find one althoug the TV is connected and powered. Strangly enough when I play a DVD in my Home Cinema the image is working OK but the sounds is comming from the TV Speakers.

Muehle
01-12-2013, 11:42 AM
What a HDMI-cable are you using?
I had a similar problem with an older HDMI-cable. Ive bought a High-Speed with Ethernet-cable and now it works fine.

rogerh
01-13-2013, 04:43 PM
hi, I use also a high speed cable. I restarted the both the TV and HTS (brought the 230V down) and restarted both. After that the HTS was visible at the TV menu settings and I was able to complete the installation. Since the (2-3 weeks ago) everthing works fine.