PDA

View Full Version : Sorting music

JWLIB
12-31-2012, 02:34 PM
With airstudio, it is impossible to sort music by album/ disk number/ track number. So when i listen a classic album, i hear the last tracks before the first !!!! does someone know a solution ?
Best regards,
Jwlib

fromsomewhere
01-01-2013, 10:37 AM
Hi

Are you listening to tracks from your phone or PC?

JWLIB
01-01-2013, 01:43 PM
Hi

Are you listening to tracks from your phone or PC?

Hi,
I'm listening music from my Ipad, Samsung Galxy II and my PC.
For my Ipad and my Samsung Galaxy, i use air studio and for my PC i use Media Manager and Media Server. When i use Itunes, the sort of the tracks is correct, but not with airstudio or media manager.

Happy new Year !

JWLIB

fromsomewhere
01-02-2013, 04:19 AM
Hi,
I'm listening music from my Ipad, Samsung Galxy II and my PC.
For my Ipad and my Samsung Galaxy, i use air studio and for my PC i use Media Manager and Media Server. When i use Itunes, the sort of the tracks is correct, but not with airstudio or media manager.

Happy new Year !

JWLIB

Hi

Hope you are not clicking the "shuffle" button on the now playing screen. It can randomise the tracks in sharelist.

JWLIB
01-02-2013, 08:03 PM
Hi

Hope you are not clicking the "shuffle" button on the now playing screen. It can randomise the tracks in sharelist.

Hi,

No i'm not clicking the "shuffle" button. And each time i listen the album, airstudio take the same sort ( IT seems alphabetical).

JWLIB
01-02-2013, 09:18 PM
Hi,

No i'm not clicking the "shuffle" button. And each time i listen the album, airstudio take the same sort ( IT seems alphabetical).

Hi,

I understand now. It's completely crazy. When you have multiple CD in one album, Philips sort the tracks by the track number and the alphabeticaly. So you wil firs listen all the track Numer 01of all the cd, then all the track number 02 of all the cd etc..

JWLIB

Tias
01-03-2013, 03:22 AM
Hi !

The sorting of tracks are handled by the (UPnP) Server, not the renderer or controller application (like AirStudio or Media Manager). At least that's how UPnP is supposed (!) to work ;)

Cheers !

k1200rs
01-03-2013, 01:52 PM
It is indeed a server issue.
See the Twonky server topic here: http://community.twonky.com/twonky/topics/twonkymedia_dis_order_my_music_tracks

It raised many dissatisfactions. Twonky server is the kernel of the Philips Media manager server.
In the above topic, they explain how to change the sorting behavior (requires XML understanding). An alternative is to go for another server.

JWLIB
01-08-2013, 12:33 PM
Hi !

The sorting of tracks are handled by the (UPnP) Server, not the renderer or controller application (like AirStudio or Media Manager). At least that's how UPnP is supposed (!) to work ;)

Cheers !

Hi Tias,

I agree with you that the sorting of tracks is handled by UPnP Server. But in the Media Manager, it's possible to sort the tracks by number or title etc... but not by disc(cd) number. I think it's not very complicate to include this sort in the program. Same in Airstudio. There's no posibility to sort the tracks. I think that for 549 (Price of AW9000/10 sound system) we could have better software. I hope that Twonki will react.

JWLIB

Tias
01-08-2013, 03:56 PM
Hi !

I understand your issue. When it comes to multiple CD albums, I usually change the track numbers to 101, 102, 1nn for CD1 and then 201, 202, 2nn for CD 2 and so on... Then they show up in the correct order.
Unless you have hundreds of multi-CD albums, this will not take you many minutes with a good MP3 tag editing tool (personally, I prefer the free MP3Tag (http://www.mp3tag.de)).

Chere s!