Technical feedback for FW 150.85 - for 6/7/8/9000 Series - 2012
The new FW is now live. This thread is for technical feedback only. For other discussions please post in the discussion thread.
Note: All posts need to be approved in this thread, meaning it will not be visable before this is done. No need to repost if not come live.
Important: After upgrading your TV, it is necessary to perform a "cold start". This means that, after the TV is running again (after the update), shut down the TV, wait 1 minute (till all components are shut down), and unplug the TV from the mains (pull power cord) for 2 minutes before starting again.
· Solution to connect to the Smart TV portal in Spain and the UK.
· Solution for the 60PFL9607S/12 regarding strong color flickering in picture with 3D max clarity and 2 player gaming mode.
· Solution for incorrect TXT characters for czech and slovak programms for DVBT and DVBC reception.
· Solution for External VGA can be selected, but video is not shown.
· Solution for Maxdome regarding movies stops streaming after a pause for a short time (3min+).
· Perfect Natural Motion performance optimizations.
Please use the following template in this thread.
Off topic posts regarding the firmware will be moved to the discussion thread (linked over).
TV Model: ? (please fill in)
Previous Firmware: ? (please fill in)
Improvement but still important issues to solve
TV Model: 42PFL6007H
Previous Firmware: 150.83
+ Crackling sound solved when starting a movie or audio in XBMC (using because playing movies with philip television from NAS not always works and needs DLNA server)
+ Dynamic Backlight seems to work better
+ Ambilight Lounge Mode works although enabling it could be easier
- Multichannel audio output on SPDIF stops several times a minute for a short period (+/- 500 ms) while setting audio format to stereo doesn't do this and it only seems to happen on MPEG4 (1080i) channels or MPEG4 network movies, not on HDMI input. So each time I want to watch a movie I have to switch over in a menu far far away... :(
- Annoying messages about to long hdmi cable and about cam module while it works without a problem
- Slow overall response while zapping between channels, in menu's en certainly in apps
- Info button on channel does only provide current and next program but I can't scroll further to the programs after that
- Needs an USB harddisk for program recording while it's connected to a network with a NAS in it which has enough free space
I hate to say this but userinterface of Samsung is much faster and more user friendly, advice to play with it once.. But still I'm happy having a Philips trusting that above problems are solved, Samsung is to aggressive and also user interface is very intense and I like it to be calm.