Technical feedback - FW v000.064.018.000 (64.18) - for 6/7/8/9xx8 series - 2013
The new FW is live. This thread is for technical feedback only. For other discussions please post in the related discussion thread. "Off topic" posts regarding the firmware will be moved to the discussion thread (linked over).
After upgrading your TV, it is necessary to perform a "cold start". This means that, after the TV is running again (after the update), shut down the TV, wait 1 minute (till all components are shut down), and unplug the TV from the mains (pull power cord) for 2 minutes before starting again.
- Solution about consistent behavior of the EXIT key.
- Homescreen adaptation for Germany. (Kabel/Antennen Fernsehen)
- Hebrew text disabled in Now en Next + 8 days EPG. (Mainly solved for Israel market)
- Improvement stability behavior when starting up from HDMI source.
- Live TXT subtitles from broadcast no longer shown during playback of a recording without
- BBC iPlayer, video and radio program is functioning again.
- Solution about sometimes no connection to Philips Smart TV portal during virgin installation.
Please use the following template in this thread.
TV Model: xxPFLxxxx (please fill in)
Previous Firmware: xx.xx (please fill in)
Ambilight controls mixed/reversed
TV Model: 55PFL7008k
Previous Firmware: 064.018
+ no comparison available (firm. preinstalled)
-Ambilight dynamic and brightness are mixed: when you adjust dynamic, part of the bar adjusts bightness and part adjust dynamic. The same with the brightness bar. You need to go back and forth several times to randomly find a suitable setting.
-As this set came with the latest firmware, cannot do a comparison to former, but menus are too slow.