40PFL8605H - DLNA Related Issues To Be Solved!
after around 5 months testing, I've found DLNA feature (one of my preferred), very limited due to the following different issues (ordered by severity):
1. Limited, very limited codec support! Specifically not in terms of number of codecs but for profile settings forced to specific values [LIMIT].
2. In case of multiple audio track containers only the first is usable. Audio tracks switching is not allowed [UNACCEPTABLE LIMIT].
3. "File can not be read or found" message when AAC tracks are included in a multitrack container or, more generically, sometimes in case of multitrack container. Perhaps, may be solved with point 2 [BUG].
4. Subtitles if included in the container are not considered, thus subtitles switching is not allowed [UNACCEPTABLE LIMIT].
5. Directory browsing limited to around 100 files. If browsing long directories, unexplainably browsing will stop after around 90-100 files [UNACCEPTABLE LIMIT].
6. File names are truncated. I don't understand why considering the scrolling [LIMIT].
7. Cover art, if included, are not managed [LIMIT].
8. Resume playback not allowed. I understand that there is not an hard disk but saving at least the latest event would be enough for the flash. [LIMIT]
Also, there are two issues related to DLNA that are related to Twonky Server usage and, may be a Twonky problem:
a. Current DLNA functionalities such as Fast Forward or Rewind are unusable with Twonky
b. Photos are not full screen but thumbnails with Twonky