40PFL6606H/12 - Wishlist and insights
Seems that I am first to write here, sweet.
OK, insights first:
- Very satisfied with the quality of picture and sound (with DVB-T box connected to SCART)
- Software responsiveness if awful - just browsing the Home menu seems very slowish, and trying to change the volume immediately on start-up shows the volume bar with several seconds in lag. This might also be a hardware (processor speed) problem, which would be even worse. I have compared the software responsiveness (and design) with several other TV sets, and this one is the worst on both points.
- Network connectivity works just fine, I have been able to stream several movies through LAN with no problems.
- No subtitle support OF ANY KIND for streaming movies is just plain nonsense, and it makes the option to stream video through the network a big pain. At least .SRT support should be implemented as soon as possible, as 20EU dvd players have this since 2 years ago. WE NEED SUBTITLE SUPPORT!
- When picture is set to a high contrast, the TV set has a bad buzzing noise in the background, clear at 4-5m distance. I am still not prepared to take a brand new TV set to the service, but I might have to do it eventually. Standard picture keeps the buzzing sound low and not that irritating.
- NetTV works OK, the TuneIn radio app is very good. But again, browsing through applications is very sluggish. Back and reorder of My Presets would be a great feature.
Wishlist, according to insights:
- At least .SRT support should be implemented as soon as possible. WE NEED SUBTITLE SUPPORT!
- Better all-around performance of the software. This is a higher-end 40" TV where I live, and it should perform like one on all important points (design - features - picture/sound quality - software).
- Better all-around performance of the applications in NetTV.
- To have a public development roadmap for the software - to vote for new features suggested by the development team, and to know if and when can we expect some feature to be implemented, like subtitle support.
I completely support the decision to have an insights and wishlist forum - it is a step in the right direction.