USB-recording: My TV formatted HDD is not recognised in Windows. How to re-format?
Once an external HDD (hard disk drive) has been formatted by the TV, it is not recognised in MS Windows anymore.
Below an explanation on how to re-format it for use in MS Windows.
!!!BE AWARE THAT ALL DATA ON THE HDD WILL BE ERASED!!!
1. Click on "Start",
2. Right click on "My Computer",
3. Click on "Manage",
4. In the resulting window, click on "Disk Management" (in left hand pane).
You now will see something similar to this:
5. You will see the unformatted disc (disc without Volume name).
In the upper screen part, you'll see all connected drives, while in the lower screen part you'll see a graphical view.
6. In this graphical view, right click on the drive you like to format:
7. Select "Delete Partition" (or "Delete Volume" depending on your MS Windows version).
8. After deletion, right click again on the drive, and select "New Partition" (or "New Volume").
Follow the screen pop-upís to create a new volume.
!!!!!!BE SURE THAT YOU SELECT THE RIGHT DISK, otherwise the HDD of your PC will be erased!!!!!!