Hi, Sorry for my bad english. I come from hk
I have read the 5.1 model "hts8562/98". Wanner ask some questions before buy it.
But cant find the specific section in the forum~
1) This model is HDMI decode dts.hd?
Because i have other electronic items such as Playstation3, old dvd player.
I wanner connect them as followings:
PS3 -> HDMI-> HTS8562->HDMI-> TV
Is it able to output dts.hd if the disc support?
2) is it support play movies or photos from USB Harddisk?
3) is it support RMVB format?
4) My wifi router need check of mac address.
is it able to check the mac address of the "hts8562"?
Thanks a lot~
though i m not techical enough to answer all your questions there, i can answer no. 2 and 3.
2) yes, it support movies or photos from usb hard disk. only if it's with codec scope: http://www.supportforum.philips.com/...ht=codec+table
but no worries, I'm from Hong Kong as well. so far I don't have problems reading movies from my USB hard disc by my blu-ray players (usually share same platform with Home Cinema Sound models). Guess we will have the same source (common HongKies source)
3) to my knowledge, /98 is the only version that can play RMVB.
It supports Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD so that should be ok.
For the other one I assume you mean you have Mac filtering or am I worng. Just take the MAC adress from the device and add it into the list of your router and all works well..
Thanks a lot, kwinnie and Pacman.
Becoz this model is few mentioned by hong kong people.
Although i tried it at show room, still worry about it ^^~
it will be delivery and setup on wednesday.
Hope everything go fine :P
Thx a lot ^0^
Glad to hear that ! hope you are having fun with your player then!