Film: Titanic 3D blu-ray
EAN: Unknown - Love film rental
This seems a common problem from reading on other forums. When the player is connected to the internet the disc spools, then shows "unknown disc error". If I get this error then I unplug the player from the internet and "upgrade" the firmware to the exact same version that I am already running, I can watch the film if disconnected to the internet. As soon as I connect the ethernet lead again the problem re-appears. Titanic is not the only film that has this issue, and from a cursory google search it appears that I am not the only customer who has experinced this fault (although it does appear that I am the only one to find a workaround). If I never connect the player to the internet then the problem never comes back, it is only after I connect via ethernet. It seems to me that there is a firmware issue going on that probably needs addressing.
My disc problem is well known and there are many devices, which had problems with the disc.
Player model: BDP 5200/12
DISC EAN: 4030521731028 (German)
Movie: Total Recall (2012) Extended Directors Cut
I have the already known issues with the sound dropouts. It starts after about 12 minutes and repeats very often in this movie. Sometimes the sound breaks for a full minute and then runs asynchronous. I got a replacement from SONY, but this second disk has the same issues.
A workaround helped me the first time: When I changed the sound output from BITSTREAM to PCM the sound works properly. But it gets downsampled so bad. I don't want to use this workaround anymore.
This disk has the "Cinema" version and the "Extended Cut" on it.
I also changed the HDMI cables but it didn't help.
Hope you can fix the issue with a SW update.
I'm having issues with the following disc.
- Side by side
- EAN* reference number of the disc: 6768528396
- Model Number of your device: BDP5500/98
- SW version installed on your device: 3.71
- Exact problem faced: around 7 min 40 sec into the movie, the sound is on and off. This only happens to the audio track #1 (5.1 surround) but it's working fine for the track #2 (stereo). The issue is specific to the Philips player as I tested the disc with my PlayStation 3 and everything was fine.
- Movie: Taxi Driver (35-th Anniversary Edition Blu-ray)
- EAN: 5050629001938
- Player model: BDP3300 and BDP3280
- SW version: BDP3300: 2.61; BDP3280: 2.47
The problem is observed on both BDP3300 and BDP3280:
If you go to the Special Features menu and select any of the 3 audio commentary tracks, the menu freezes, rendering the remote useless. This happens in both Top Menu and Popup menu.
I tested the same disc in other players and this problem is present only in BDP3300 and BDP3280.
Movie: Star Wars The Clone Wars Season Five
Player model: BDP3406/F7
SW version: BDP3406 2.41
Both discs will not load at all. Regular loading screen of the disc spinning for a couple seconds then it disappears and the screen stays black.
Finally it is 2014, happy new year everybody.!
This topic now runs for more than one year and still no update for my HTS homecinema system.
this year i will try other ways of convincing Philips, to listen to their customers and treat them as such.
hundreds of Blurays have been mentioned in this topic (Philips asked us to use this topic), but no real action from Philips.
Lets find out if twitter and facebook are the media that Philips will listen to.this topic seemt rather useless
i am disappointed and reading all 155 messages, i have not found one positive reaction
so sad, Samsung and Sony makes things better, now we wait for Philips!
sad, very sad
mine has stoppped playing bds too
seems its easier to thow it out ((
Another title which doesn't work properly on a philips BDP:
- Exact title of the disc: Lord of the Rings, The Motion Picture Trilogy
- EAN reference number: 8716777931585 (BD93158)
- Model Number of your device: BDP3100/12
- SW version installed on your device: 1.43
- Exact problem faced: First menu on disc, language selection, freezes. Only possible command is to scroll through both language options (NL and FR). Not possible to continue trough the menus this way. Result is a non-playable disc.
I found a possible cause and a workaround for this issue : apparently, if the player outputs Dolby Digital sound, then all subsequent 5.1 PCM tracks is outputted with sound only on left and right speakers. All the discs that I have that are affected by this bug have Dolby Digital sound in the menu and / or as the default sound track for the movie.
Originally Posted by fafling
That's probably why "Arthur et les minimoys" has no issue : the menu has PCM sound, not Dolby Digital.
Now here's the workaround, which works for all discs where the film can be resumed after restarting the player :
- select the 5.1 PCM track in the menu, then start the movie (or switch to the 5.1 PCM track during the movie with the audio button or the pop-up menu). Now there should be some sound only on left and right speakers.
- put the player on stand-by.
- wait a few seconds, then switch the player back on.
The movie should resume automatically with the 5.1 PCM track being now outputted with sound on the 5 speakers.
Model : BDP5180/12
SW version : 1.62
Title : The sixth sense / Il sesto senso
EAN : 8717418144265
Same problem as usual with the PCM 5.1 soundtrack (no sound on rear or center speakers), but this time there's no workaround : the film can't be resumed after restarting the player, and before you reach the menu, some screens have a Dolby Digital soundtrack which trigger the bug.