Np3900 + np2900
I own two different devices 1 NP2900 and 1 new NP3900. Both of them are registered in club Philips to be availaible in streamium management.
I got few remarks/Questions to do :
1) With the device comes ten radios registered in something called preselections, This are absolutely not the kind of radio i am listening to but they all are accessible with a shortcut key 1 to 9.
How can i change these radios by mine ? I really do not want philips to decide wich radio i have to listen to :mad:
2) Going in streamium management has duplicate all my favorites from the np2900 to the NP3900 and everytime i change the order or add a favorite the two devices are changing together !!!
Although each time i want to change something the web site ask me on wich device i want the change !!!
I don't think i will be able to buy a third one for the children because they do not listen to our radios and i do not want to listen to theirs !!!!
3) The quality of sound is as good as on the Np2900 wich makes theses devices smart looking and good sound so love the quality .... but the management (with the back office website) is so poor that sometimes it makes you want to change :(
You can change the "PRESETS" yourself. When you play the station you like, just keep the corresponding number key held and pressed down till you get a message "Stored as PRESET x".
In that way you can define all the 10 Presets yourself.
For the Club Philips thing --> indeed it always changes for all your devices (which I do like).
For my kids I do a simple trick --> just create another account / their own account.
I'm sorry to hear you're not a fan of the preset stations, obviously we can't tailor for everyone's tastes with these but you certainly can change them using the method outlined by Blechtrottel;
Regarding Club Philips the Streamium Management service will synchronise the stations added for all of your Streamium devices, this is to provide a multi-room experience that is simple to install and maintain which many consumers enjoy.
- Play the radio station you wish to save as a preset
- Press & hold the number on the remote you wish to assign as the preset for that station
- Your player will prompt you when it has stored the station as a preset at which point you can release the button
I will be sure to feedback your concerns with this functionality to see if there may be a way to give a second option to manage devices individually but cannot confirm anything at present.
In the meantime I recommend using a new Club Philips account for your children if you are planning to buy a third unit for them, this would enable you to set up their unit without any impact on your own listening.
although I am using a NP3500/12 I can't get it to work: I can't store a radio station on a number button of my remote control. I do what it says in the manual and here in this forum: listen to the radio station and then press and hold the number button. All I get is a steady beep sound.
What am I doing wrong?