7000 Series 3D MustHave WishList (for Firmware Update)
I hope all 7000 Series 3D LED TV owners will subscribe to my thread here and send this wishlist to Philips.
I want these features to be brought to life for the 7000 series in the next firmware update.
1. It was claimed that the 7000 series can convert 2D to 3D. In reality it can NOT convert 2D to 3D:
2. It was claimed that the 42PFL7676H/12 has a USB Recording function which it does not have. Or at least I thought it could record TV shows on a USB memory stick:
(see second page, bottom right-corner)
Other features which were not claimed by Philips but would be perfect to have them:
3. Why in the world it can not play 3D content from a USB memory stick? It is also a must have.
4. The subtitles are too small, left aligned (which should be center aligned like everywhere) and surrounded by black underground. They also can't display Latin-2 characters (Romanian characters). So the subtitles would be great to:
-be able to change the characters from Western, Latin-1 to Latin-2
-remove the black background surrounding the text
-center alignment instead of left alignment
-change the size from small, medium to big
-even move them within the movie, upper or lower
5. Jump Forward and Backward. While it does have a fast forward ability and dedicated buttons, it would be great that the arrows surrounding the OK button to JUMP super-fast from minute 1 to 10, 30, 1 hour, etc
6. DTS audio support for MKV files maybe through an App for the SmartTVs if not directly in the firmware update.
7. .avi videos are limited at a maximum resolution of only 720x576. Please make the maximum resolution for avi videos 1920x1080.
8. In the TV Channel List (from FIND button on remote control), in Options there is no "Delete" function to delete a TV channel.
Anyone who wants these features or any more features, please adhere to this thread.
PHILIPS, Let's Make Things Better! :) (yes the old slogan but a perfect slogan)