Spotify is now available on NP 3500. SW is now live.
1. Listen to over 15 million songs on your device. This software update brings you the music service from Spotify. With Spotify, you now have access to unlimited music and make it easy to discover music on NP3500*.
After your NP3500 has been upgraded to the latest software, click “OK” on the remote control when you see an “OSS message” shown on the device to restart and begin enjoying Spotify. If you are already a Spotify Premium account user, simply go to Online Music Service in the menu item, select Spotify and enter your Spotify Premium account information. Once logged in, you can enjoy millions of tracks at any time you like.
Spotify music service is currently available in Austria, Belgium, Finland, France, Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UK, & US. If you are not yet a registered Spotify Premium account user and would like to learn about Premium account registration information, please visit http://www.spotify.com to find out more information.
* Please note that this device supports only up to 70 playlists and total 2500 tracks in all playlists. Please visit our support website at www.philips.com/support more information.
* Please note that starting with this software version, we have disabled Chinese language support & Ogg Vorbis decoder support on this device. If you had selected Chinese as the language before the upgrade, then the language will be set to English after upgrade
Software Version Verification Procedure
1. In active mode, press the SETTINGS button on the remote control.
2. Press to select Information, press OK.
3. Press to highlight Software version: and the display will scroll to indicate the current software version your device is having.
How do I update the software on my device?
Make sure that your device has established a valid Internet connection with your router.
1. In active mode, press the SETTINGS button on your device remote control.
2. Press to select Check for software upgrades, press OK.
3. It will then check with the server whether there is newer software available. If there is a newer one, the screen would show:
New software is available for your product. Do you wish to install the software (see manual for conditions)?
4. Click Yes to start downloading the new software via the Internet.
5. After finish downloading the new software, the device will automatically start upgrading to the new one.
6. After the upgrade has finished, device will restart and you can then enjoy the device again.
Software update History
• Version v5.20: First Firmware Release.
• Version v5.37S: Second Firmware Release.