Standby Software Upgrade Manual
As I believe that the updated Standby Software addresses a critical bug in the interoperability of Philips 2k11 TV's with other devices that use the HDMI-CEC protocol (TV turns off and on by itself when EasyLink is enabled) I made a small manual to help you update the standalone Standby Software on your TV painfully.
1. Take an USB stick and empty it. Make sure the USB stick is formatted as FAT32
2. On the root of the USB stick create a folder called "upgrades" (without the quotes "). Put the Standby software file inside the "upgrades" folder.
Be aware that there are 2 Standby Software files available for the 2011 TV's:
Press 123654 on the remote control. You'll enter the Consumer Service Module (CSM). With the arrow keys on your remote, scroll down to page 2, under "2.1 Current main Software" you'll see if your TV makes use of either the Q5551 or Q5553 software, so make sure you use the right software file!
3. Stick the USB stick on your TV
4. Press "Home" on your remote control and go to "Settings"
5. Now go to "Software Settings"
6. Choose "Local upgrades"
7. You will see the Standby software file, select is and press "OK" on the remote control.
8. After confirming that you want to upgrade your software, the upgrade process will start.
9. When the TV is finished with installing the update, the TV restarts automatically. NOW WAIT until the reboot is finished. Then shutdown, wait 2 minutes, pull power cord, wait 2 minutes, restart.. Now you're done.
To check that you have the right version of the Standby Software press "123654" on your remote to enter the CSM. Scroll to page 2 and at 2.2 you'll see current Standby Software version of your TV.