Hi everybody, I posted my Problems with my 46pfl9706k2 earlier in this tread. Now after almost a year of updating my TV without making anything better, I hope again that the new standby Software will do it`s Job to make my 46pfl9706 and hts8562 combination work as it should when using the easy link Option.
Could somebody please upload the 2 files to a different hoster as I am not able to download them from 4shared without registering an account.
Thank`s in advance
--- URLs deleted ---
This should work out of the box, both files as discriped by bluevoice
I have the update now for serveral days and it works miracles for me. No more reset and problems with hdmi devices!
great to hear!
First of all: This Stdby SW update is ONLY necessary when you have symptoms like:
- TV reboots when EasyLink is enabled, or
- TV reboots when switching between HTS (connected on HDMI) and other inputs, or
- Loss of HTS icons in the user menu.
If you don't face these issues, do NOT upgrade this Stdby SW!.
The reason we have removed your links to the Stdby SW upgrade files is the following: the Stdby SW upgrading involves some risk: if there is ANY interruption during the upgrade, your TV will be dead and needs a Service intervention!! You will also loose warranty in case you performed the upgrade without involving the helpdesk. Only when done like described here, your upgrade is under warranty.
To prevent all these problems, we have set it up like this:
Customers that have these issues should call their local helpdesk. They will decide how the upgrade will be made available to you. There are some options:
1. Via an URL where the file can be downloaded, after which it can be upgraded using an USB stick (as perfectly explained by Bluevoice here), or
2. Via an IP-push (only possible when youre TV is IP-connected, and - for now - only available in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Netherlands, Belgium and Luxemburg).
The helpdesk will advise in this.
thanks for the good explanation. I updated my blog accordingly! Thanks!
Well i still got icons lost btw of the hts. One time i got one othertime all hts icons. Is Philips going to solve this?
you can solve that by first starting the HTS - then wait, the TV will start automatically and all Icons will be present.
I have 3 remarks about your post:
1) I wish you were more responsive about this issue here in the forum, than it wouldn't have taken me 1 year effort to bring it into the attention and have it finally solved!
2) This update does not solve the loss of Easylink-activity icons at all. In fact Philips failed to solve this problem and decided to remove all Easylink-activity icons in the 2012 TV models and keep just the device icon to be able to quickly switch to an external device. I know that communication between different departments of Philips isn't a strong point, so you're misinformed (The TV will show all Easylink-activity icons only when it is the second device to start up and only when the TV speakers in the Easylink menu are set to Easylink and not Easylink Autostart. The latter option will remove the Easylink-activity icons and replace them with the device icon only).
3) I understand the approach of contacting the helpdesk before updating because of the risk described in your post but I don't agree with one point. The helpdesk is a paid number here in the Netherlands (€ 0,10/min) and I think no one should pay any more money for solving software bugs by Philips. In fact it is us, the users that should be paid for helping Philips make its products better.
In general, it is a shame that Philips (or TPV nowadays) makes new TV products every year and lets us, customers with software full of bugs. That totally pisses me off. At this moment there are bugs in the 2011 TV's software that are acknowledged by Philips but won't ever be addressed because Philips moved to the 2012 TV's and their software, that is, again, as you would guess, full of bugs. It doesn't seem TPV is interested in making great products (long term) but only on making more money (short term). Philips is not Microsoft and if nothing changes Philips will fail and loose all of its customers. During last year I was visited 8 times by different Philips certified technicians and they all told me they disagree with Philips's policy of releasing products full of bugs on the market and trying to solve the bugs later, only if they succeed. I'm only writing this because I am a Philips fan, my father used to work for Philips and I still care about the brand, but I'm also very disappointed!
Please JuAn, I'd invite you to comment on the 2011 bugs that remain unsolved because of 'priority' issues but I won't count on it.
1) Done now :cool:
2) You are (partly) right......
What has been resolved:
- Reboot when switching between HTS (connected on HDMI) and other inputs.
- As consequence of such a reboot, the CEC bus can be pulled down resulting in a loss of all HTS icons.
What has not been resolved:
- Only 1 HTS icon is present, others have disappeared. Not blocking, as full control is still possible with this icon left.
- HTS not waking up from standby (through CEC) when TV set is waken up from standby. Solution: wake up HTS manually (HTS remote). Problem is related to HTS and reported to responsible A/V team.
TIP: Wait 1~2 minutes when the TV is switched to standby before switching TV/HTS on again. This time is needed by the TV to go from semi-standby to full standby.
Note: Only way to resolve these issue's is disconnecting the mains cord, in this way the CEC bus recovers.
3) The Philips Television team offers several customer support options. We have extensive and excellent support via our website including email and live chat support with our agents free of charge. Additionally we offer telephone support at a cost in line with industry standards and local practices.
On your last question: we will always try to solve major issue's.
Also, why do you say full control is possible with this icon? This 1 icon only redirects you to the HTS (this is by the way the same functionality as pressing the "Source" button on the remote and switching to the HTS). It is not possible to get straight to a HTS function such as "HTS-Radio" from the TV menu.
So what was fixed is:
- Reboot of the TV when switching from the TV to a HDMI device connected (and vice versa - switching from the HDMI device back to the TV) or when switching between the different screens (menu's) of a connected HDMI device.
This has nothing to do with switching between HTS and other inputs!