will check again today, but it sounds promising.
I found the following bugs - most ofg them still exist fro the previos versions...
- NetTV registration doesn't work any more - neigther automaticly (email link) nor manual. The TV sayed every time that I didn't follow the the guides in the registration mail
- no audio if you try to play recorded movies from a EyeConnect Server (EyeTV)
- HDMI CEC does not work together with Philips BDP 7500B2 (device is not recogniced by the TV)
- DLNA renderer does not work correct with video content (last tried with 8player on iPad)
- problems with the DVB signaling of HbbTV broadcasters (a dialog pops up where I shoud choose the Broadcaster - afterwards it could happen that I have e.g. ZDF HbbTV on Arte...
All in all I would say: After all the years it is really annoying to see this. It seems that Philips start a reinvention circle with each new device they put on the marked and fire the old new development team. Things that had worked on older devices does not work any more on new ones, and even in between the actual product lines it seems that there is no knowledge transfer.
- why can the BDP7500/B2 play a simple SD MPEG2 TS with sound over DLNA and much more expensive TV set not? Hey I mean a DVB-T TS - that should be the domain of the TV set and not of the BlueRay player...
Why told me the Hotline if I ask for fixing the HDMI CEC bug, that they can't because there is one technican for the BluRay and an other for the TV - and of cause: if these products don't work together the TV technician blame the the BlueRay team and vica versa. In the end no one is responsible and the bug is not fixed.
I know that it could be some times tricky to handle a SOC. Other companies also have there problems here. But hey - this silicon is developed by your own company!
The only conclusion for me is: Don't connect this TV to the network and use it simply as a TV / Monitor. If it comes to the "smart" functions this remembers me to the times of windows 3.0: Waiting, crashs, malfunction.
I hope one the product managers read this and change something. Network functionality is the future for TV sets. For me as customer it is not understandable why Philips (and not only Philip) try do dance pogo on slow a mips cpu in stead of putting a adequate chip into there devices, that cost maybe 50$ more. Even a simple smartphone will do this job now a days better. I would love to pay for the cpu power if I get afterwards a working device!
regarding the HDMI connection to your BDP (HDMI-CEC / Easylink):
- deactivate on both devices HDMI-CEC
- shut down your BDP and TV
- activate HDMI-CEC
- shut down both devices + cut power supply for both devices and reconnect after 2-3 minutes
- start the BDP! -> the TV should start automatically...
TV 32PFL6606- Firmware 000.014.093.000
After power is restored, no return to standby mode - red LED is lit, no picture and sound, and consumption of 20 watts !!!!!
(Firmware 000.014.084.000 also)
thx for this hint. I know this procedure... Unfortunatly the TV and the BDP get power over my receiver (I hate this standby stuff). This means both devices are powered up at the same time. In this scenario this will not work. And - this is the prove of my theory that the departments do not talk to each other. They simply implemented the handshake the wrong way and make mistakes with the storage of the data. But look - there are Philips devices out in the field which work correct and the technologie is over 5 years old. So please why does it not work with this TV sets?
P.S. @Edwar: I had this error with the .84FW. In the moment I can't reproduce it. How ever with the .84 it also worked some times and some times not. So if you have still this problems try a factory reset and power down the TV for a minute. It may help, but maybe the error is still there and it takes a while to reproduce it...
today I've installed the new 14.93.0 firmware on my 55PFL7606K/02. What I have noticed so far is, that the "pause"-functionality while watching a digital TV program is working only sporadically now since the update. I've have a 500 GB Harddisk Drive connected through USB for this, which was working much more better in the past (not always 100%, but 98%). Now it's working (my personal feeling) only with 50% success. Pressing the "Pause"-key often does no show any effect. Can you reproduce this?
My equipment in detail: 55PFL7606K/02, BDP7600 (Firmware 1.35), HTS 7111, WLAN PTA01, 8 GB SD Card, 500 GB USB HDD. TV, Soundbar and BD-Player are connected with HDMI 1.4 (CEC/ARC/ETH).
TV 32PFL6606K/02 - Firmware 000.014.093.000 - using DVB-S responder
- from time to time the list of braodcast stations is loosing members. First Tele 5, now eurosport, next ?. The number of the station is still in use it seems, but the numer is no longer reachable. Choosing the chanel will result in the error-message "Sender nicht installieret" (i´m german) transaltion should be something like "sender not installed". Activating ""Ausgeblendete Sender anzeigen (show hidden sender)" does not chance anything.
- Leaving the configutions menu the screen will stay blank because the reciever chanced to the television reciever (what ever this may be), where no sender is available
- chancing chanels needs far too much time
- the navigation within the smart-functions ist very, very slow, especially after activating the HBBTv-option
- on wish: having installed nearly 1.000 sender a search function usind the senders name whould be very helpful
All in all: the television has a suberb picture (after switching off most of the automatic features), the software - well - seems to have an enormous potential :-)
Merry chrismas and all the best for 2012 (including a perfect firmware)
That I can confirm with the transponder. This morning was missing when you turn the Tansponder with BR, WDR were, etc. After some back and forth and use the channel list the channels at once again?
HbbTV on all programs, which radiate HbbTV (RTL, Anixe etc.) is still not, although this was promised in a phone call to the hotline in October. This should be fully implemented by the end of the year! Philips advertises the HbbTV function for the 2011 models!
HbbTV was for me an important point for buying this unit. This verarscherei customers should occur in such a company, like Philips, do not!
With the new firmware sometimes no sound after the switch is available. Only one more times, changing channels fixes the problem. This was with the old firmware is 14.84 ... not the case.
One problem persists, pending devices (MR 303) appear once in the home menu, which are gone again and again since then. This problem was already there with firmware 14.84.
Translated with Google Translator
I dont know if this is related to the new TV firmware or the PS3 (4.0) Firmware but i have an issue with the easylink connection.
since updating both the PS3 (4.0) and the 55 7606k02 updated from (10.65.X) to version 14.93 .
the remote of my TV dosent navigate propperly throu the PS3 Menu anymore. It worked before updating both. But now after using a navigation key. It navigates 1x up to 3x times on the Playstation 3.
As a sample i klick left and it goes up to 3 items left. (mostly 2)
The same with up,down and right.
ok and back seems to work.
I tryed already a few times rebooting both. removing the HDMI connection. Truning on and of Easylink and HDMI remote.
but nothing seems to work.
Anyone with same issues there or a Solution to try?
42PFL7606K FW 14.93.
After playing around with the firmware i have to say that except one bug all other still exist plus a few new bugs.
- Shutdown bug seems to be fixed but now i have a reboot bug. Sometimes after switching channels the TV shows a black screen (no picture nor sound) and, most of the time, the TV reboots after a few seconds. (NEW BUG)
- DLNA playback takes about a minute to play and stops after 1 minute. Play/Pause button has no effect. (NEW BUG)
- TV is much more slower in channel switching and navigation then with FW 14.84.
- Artefacts while watching HD channels still exist.
I'm very disappointed as nothing is getting better.
--- HDMI sound problems: still not fixed. Sound drops occur (at least) in the following setup:
Blu-ray(Panasonic) OR Satellite Receiver(Technisat) - HDMI - 42PFL7696K02 - Toslink - PioneerAVR
Obviously the Philips TV does not pass through HDMI sound signals properly.
Very poor performance Philips!!!
--- HDMI-CEC: Technisat can control the Philips but not vice versa. It would be nice, if the Philips could switch channels at least.
TV goes to standby by itself after 2 hours!!!
42PFL7606 K02 FW:14.93.0
this problem still occurs after two hours. I'm absolut dissopointed about the new firmware. Also it's not possible to playback recorded TV without network connection (release notes says it shout be possible). And the performence within network apps is very slow even the TV is connected with wire. Its really frustrated to get a TV with firmware in beta status. For this price I'm expect a TV without this bundle of unsolved problems!!!! :mad:
PS: Where can I find the former firmware 14.84? I would like to go back to this.