Anyone succeeded in adding files to USB HD from Windows 7?
I yesterday purchased a 32PFL6606H/12 and trying to understand all the features.
One thing i want to do is to put video files from my PC to the HD that I will use for USB recording.
I know the file systems are different (the formated HD has EXT3) and that the HD is not accessible by normal means in Windows 7, but I know there are tools making the drive accessible on Win7.
Since the HD is empty right now (just formatted an old 500 GB I had), I have nothing to lose in terms of content on the HD so I am willing to test a bit.
So my overall questions branches out into serveral ones:
- Anyone tried to add files to the "TV formatted" HD, for example an MP4 or MKV file?
- Will the TV reckognize those files?
- Are there any restrictions on folder structure/file namning/etc that I need to take into account to play the files?
Please note that I am only trying to put files to the HD, not to "grab" recorded content on the HD.
Grateful for any input!
Managed to put files on HD but cant read them in the USB menu
Thanks for the input!
Yesterday I managed to mount the drive, and copied a few mp4 files to the drive in different locations (to check if there were a specific folder the files needed to be in like the "PVR" folder)
Unfortunately, the files are not listed when I go to the "browse USB" menu (or whatever it is called). Which makes me ask myself these questions:
- Are the files in the wrong format or wrong fodler?
- The TV does not count a EXT3 HD as a valid USB disk, thus does not look for video files on it?
- There needs to be recordings on the disk (today it is empty -- except for the MP4s -- since everything is brand new) in order for TV to do a file listing?
Anyone have any ideas on this?