Some more bad observations
first I want to say that the new portal is an improvement and some remarks that are done by the users of this forum are considered - thx for that.
second I want to confirm the so far bugs at my tv set 40pfl7605h12 at fw 140.46:
- german typos at the smart tv home
- bug with TED and its icon (the old OnlineTV that is matchend wrong)
- problems with viewster - I have removed it by hand but can no longer find it at AppGallery - so whats up with Viewster?
third my observations:
- the little lighter triangle in the left top corner of PiP and recommendations is over designed
- with the AppIcons: I see two lines with Icons, but when I try to reorder them with the green button I recognized that are technical organized as 6 columns - that is not "native"
- the weather widgeth is linked to MeteoNews, but MeteoNew is a real buggy App - so if MeteoNews is a SmartTV home page Partner, they should do an App that runs without so many bugs. See this topic for details.
- The focus is hart to find because its not done in a consequent manner: Sometimes its the text itself, sometimes its a frame around an icon, sometimes its a highlighted background, sometimes its a square sometimes its a round button. I looks like that each programmer has done his one thing.
- why is the QuickGuide removed and not updated?
- the design of "Philips TV tutorials" should be adaped to the new SmartTV design
- the AppGallery is unstable and seems to be caught between the two worlds
- the InternetApp is caught in the old world ;)
- the IP-EPG is caught in the old world ;) - with all its bugy details.
Enjoy your TV, it's fun!
PS: to the 21:9 users; you only have the high end TVs of the philips product range, additional the 21:9 aspect ratio is a unique feature (as ambiligth) - so why should there be a adapted SmartTV layout - what are you expecting? :p
Ok this was ironic, but perhaps somewhere i the future the layout bugs at the 16:9 will be corrected.