Your experiences with FW v0.14.95.0 for 5806, 6000 and 7000 series (2011 models)
Your experiences with FW v0.14.95.0 for 5806, 6000 and 7000 series (2011 models) :
Identical to series 8 and 9?
NOTE: Each release contains all solutions identified in the earlier version.
The latest software solves the issues below:
Q5551_0.14.95.0 (Date published: 2012-02-01)
• Added an option to disable the deletion of channels in background install. (Only applicable to Kmodels)
• Teletext is not working on ZIGGO channel. (Only applicable to country, Netherlands)
• Movie stops by itself when you watch a rented movie from an online video store.
• Unable to activate MHEG (with the red button) on a MHEG channel.
• Ambilight flashes intermittently. (Only applicable to 7000 series)
Q5551_0.14.93.0 (Date published: 2011-12-22)
• TV starts up with sound and Ambilight, but without picture.
• TV turns off and on by itself when you browse USB or browse PC through DLNA.
• TV goes to standby by itself after 2 hours.
• Intermittent sound lost and picture lost while watching analog channels.
• Picture freeze while watching HD channels.
• Intermittent sound lost through certain set-up box connected via HDMI.
• Unable to play video files via DLNA connection.
• Unable to switch channel while watching analog channel.
• Removed the “Scrambled program” message on the purchase banner page.
• Unable to download movies from online video store. (Only applicable to country, Germany)
• Video stutters while watching digital channels. (Only applicable to country, Finland)
Q5551_0.14.84.0 (Date published: 2011-10-21)
• Picture disappears while watching ZIGGO digital (DVB-C) channels with CAM inserted. (Only
applicable to country, Netherlands)
• No sound during initial replay of paused programme (Pause TV).
Q5551_0.14.76.0 (Date published: 2011-10-06)
• Support of USB keyboard and USB mouse.
• Support of USB subtitles (exclusively for file extension srt, sub and sami).
• YouTube application is upgraded to the new YouTube Leanback application.
• You are now able to select the locked channels using P+/- keys.
• TV is unable to wake-up from Standby.
• Unable to select picture format when you [Browse USB] or [Browse PC].
• “No Programme Available” message appears onscreen when you switch channel.
• Ambilight lounge light turns off by itself.
• “No signal” OSD appears onscreen when you switch between channels. (Only applicable to country,
• Unable to playback satellite (DVB-S) recorded channels. (Only applicable to K-models)
• “Scrambled Program” OSD appears onscreen when you watch satellite (DVB-S) channels with CAM
inserted. (Only applicable to K-models)
Q5551_0.10.105.0 (Date published: 2011-09-02)
• With this software your TV is CANAL READY certified.
• With this software your TV is ZIGGO certified.
• Vertical black bars appear onscreen with certain picture formats.
• Improvement on the channel installation stability.
• Improvement on the USB recording feature.
• Irish language is added to the menu language.
• Portuguese OSD translation error is corrected.
• Video delay (lipsync) observed through SCART and Component (Y Pb Pr) connection.
• Picture is over-stretched while watching certain channels. (Only applicable to country, UK)
• Audio drop-out when switching between digital channels. (Only applicable to country, UK)
• TV has no picture when switching between digital and analog channels. (Only applicable to country,
• Subtitle is not display correctly. (Only applicable to country, UK)
Q5551_0.10.94.1 (Date published: 2011-06-17)
• Implementation of new product range (T-series).
• TV has no picture and no sound after it wake-up from Standby.
• Teletext is not working.
Q5551_0.10.65.11 (Date published: 2011-05-26)
• TV screen flashes during startup.
Q5551_0.10.65.9 (Date published: 2011-05-12)
• Initial production software.
Regarding Ambilight Issue
Regarding the flashing ambilight Issue with 3D content:
If you experienced this problem and updated to v.0.14.95 please vote here in the following thread if you still encounter this problem or not:
Please give me the basic Functionality
TV: 40pfl5806/K02 FW: Q5551_0.14.95.0
I have one very simple request to Philips, please give me at least some basic funtions to use in this Tv.
1: I cant sort the Satellite channel list.
Let me know how can I find a channell xxx in the list of 1500 channels? Or how can I Bypass the scrambled ones?
2: I cant fast forward the video while playing from USB.
Just imagine if you are in middle of a 2 hours movie/video and back button is accidently pressed. Then almost watch that again becuase you can only forward it in seconds steps.
These are just basic problems which I am facing and ofcourse I am not the first one who is complaining about this. There are many more problems which I can mention here relating to Net Tv, or say User interface etc. etc. etc.
But the best bet would be to say "Dont buy TV from Philips in the future"